Packers 1st round ...A trade 29 for 33 and 108

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do any of ya'll think King is any good??

I've heard mixed results... because of his great length and solid speed, i've heard Sherman comparisons

then again he didn't play in a super strong conference so it's hard to assess....

he seems like a TT pick though

King and a late pick for Sherman would be AWESOME!

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... well Watt would come in at an overloaded OLB corps with Clay and Perry...

Foster I think shoujld have garnered SERIOUS consideration....

That said, our BIGGEST need is still cornerback so

There is absolutely nothing "overloaded" at the OLB position for this team. Both Perry and Matthews are huge question marks in both the health and production departments. They need another pass rusher in the worst way

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing "overloaded" at the OLB position for this team. Both Perry and Matthews are huge question marks in both the health and production departments. They need another pass rusher in the worst way

I meant from the FO perspective...

our biggest "need" is still CB... i really, really, REALLY will cringe if we put House and 'Randall on elite wide receivers next year ..

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly. They don't have a single 3 down LB that plays a lot of snaps.

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I meant from the FO perspective...

our biggest "need" is still CB... i really, really, REALLY will cringe if we put House and 'Randall on elite wide receivers next year ..

CB is definitely a concern. At this point with the top corners off the board I would rather take mixon or cook first and then go corner because whoever you get in the defensive backfield at this point is a risky proposition imo. I'm actually higher on Jalen Myrick from Minnesota over any of these corners available now and he's projected to go during the later rounds. Adoree was my dream pick but with Foster on the board at 29 I think Uncle Ted screwed up once again....We'll see

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we keep the pick I'd love you see it be King. Great size and runs 4.4. Plug and play guy. Part of me feels Ted could be working on a package deal for Sherman. A week ago I would've laughed that off but now I think it's a possibility. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but it may in play...

I like the move. Weird draft and there's a ton of meat left on the bone. Plus it's a CB heavy draft so we'll end up with a solid one of not two.

Obviously hate waiting all night for a trade but the strategy was solid IMO.

G P G!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The few teams that would go with a RB in the 2nd other than us, would be...

Jets, Eagles, Colts, Ravens, Vikings, Skins

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it, get the first pick in the 4th for moving down 4 spots. Nice. Ted has produced some nice players in the 4th in the past. Sitton, Lang, Daniels, tretter, bahktiari, all 4th rounders.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ah that makes sense...

Great talent but he's also undersized a bit so the injury concern makes sense
He's a flat out stud for sure. Had his medical been clean her could've easily been a top 10 guy. The size combined with the shoulder concerns equal question marks. Yes, he could very well be the next CJ Moseley (man I wanted him!) but I think he could just as easily be the next Borland.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB is definitely a concern. At this point with the top corners off the board I would rather take mixon or cook first and then go corner because whoever you get in the defensive backfield at this point is a risky proposition imo. I'm actually higher on Jalen Myrick from Minnesota over any of these corners available now and he's projected to go during the later rounds. Adoree was my dream pick but with Foster on the board at 29 I think Uncle Ted screwed up once again....We'll see

i'm still not high on any of the remaining RBs honestly...

I think Cook is too small for sterters

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
king, Witherspoon, bowser, mixon, cook, Williams, awuzie, still some nice guys left.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe in a typical draft King would've been a top 25 pick. I believe he's that good.

Miamijoe55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cook would step in and start immediately. I think there is a great corner out there in Corn Elder who could be Sam Shields part 2. He is far more polished than Sam was coming in and is a great athlete. He will probably be available late 2 or 3.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we keep the pick I'd love you see it be King. Great size and runs 4.4. Plug and play guy. Part of me feels Ted could be working on a package deal for Sherman. A week ago I would've laughed that off but now I think it's a possibility. I'm not saying it's a sure thing but it may in play...

I like the move. Weird draft and there's a ton of meat left on the bone. Plus it's a CB heavy draft so we'll end up with a solid one of not two.

Obviously hate waiting all night for a trade but the strategy was solid IMO.

G P G!!!

You and I are thinking a like then

King, who has been compared to Sherman, would be great

And then a 3rd and/or 4th round pick(s) package for Sherman would be FANTASTIC

I'm sure it would be doable as Sherman's value has dropped substantially

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OLB might not be as big a concern as we think. It depends on how Fackrell looks through his offseason workouts. He flashed some nice burst and acceleration last year but didnt have the bulk to be effective. If the team likes what theyve seen from his offseason workouts they might not view the position with as much concern as some of the fans do.

IMHO given what was on the board trading down was the right choice, and IMHO Id even trade down again a few slots.

As for the usual suspects, I remember 2008 when fans were screaming because the team didnt pick Brandon Flowers or Phillip Merling, instead we trade ack to 36 and selected some bum named Jordy Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online