1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer sports writers for newspapers....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Oct 6, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if the writers covering the Packers for JS or PackersNews are Packer fans themselves, or individuals who are reporters and their job is to report on the packers?

I don't mean to come off as bashing or anything, but I thought it would be interesting since there iwould be a better sense of objectivity from an outsiders perspective as opposed to a fan.

I think it'd be awsome for someone to be a Packer backer and end up covering them for a living....

2. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A reporter is paid to cover the story and be objective, not a fan. That being said, I would assume that it is difficult to put aside a lifetime of feelings for a team and totally objectively report without allowing some bias to seep through from time to time. I do not have biographies on all who cover the Packers, but I know that Cliff Christl is a native of the Green Bay area, so one would assume he followed the team as a child and young man prior to covering the team.

3. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From experience I can tell you, when your love becomes your work, the love is work, which takes the love right out of the equation. :wink:

4. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I pretty sure Havel is a fan. He gets pretty riled up talking about the Pack on the radio a lot.

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks spardo, I was sure you'd be able to give me a answer on that question.

Thanks a lot YY, must be awsome to listen to someone who is enthusiastic about Packer football over the radio!

Must be a great job to cover the Packers..... perhaps its not too late to switch my mind and start majoring in journalism..... :p