Packer sports writers for newspapers....

Reaction score
I was wondering if the writers covering the Packers for JS or PackersNews are Packer fans themselves, or individuals who are reporters and their job is to report on the packers?

I don't mean to come off as bashing or anything, but I thought it would be interesting since there iwould be a better sense of objectivity from an outsiders perspective as opposed to a fan.

I think it'd be awsome for someone to be a Packer backer and end up covering them for a living....

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A reporter is paid to cover the story and be objective, not a fan. That being said, I would assume that it is difficult to put aside a lifetime of feelings for a team and totally objectively report without allowing some bias to seep through from time to time. I do not have biographies on all who cover the Packers, but I know that Cliff Christl is a native of the Green Bay area, so one would assume he followed the team as a child and young man prior to covering the team.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think it'd be awsome for someone to be a Packer backer and end up covering them for a living....

From experience I can tell you, when your love becomes your work, the love is work, which takes the love right out of the equation. :wink:

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks spardo, I was sure you'd be able to give me a answer on that question.

Thanks a lot YY, must be awsome to listen to someone who is enthusiastic about Packer football over the radio!

Must be a great job to cover the Packers..... perhaps its not too late to switch my mind and start majoring in journalism..... :p

Members online

Latest posts