Packer practice, just saw on the news

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They kept the footballs in FREEZERS! And didn't tell the WR's before they threw them to them! LOL!
I can see the look on their faces..........expecting a lukewarm football, and catching a ROCK instead!
I guess they really want the guys to be prepared!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It DOES make sense. A football in zero degree weather is like trying to catch a rock. It's totally different then when it's 30 degrees out. I think the passing game won't be very easy this weekend.
But if the guys know what to expect, they can make it work. I don't think you'll see any passes over 20 yards though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any idea about how they did catching the "rock"?

Gregorious Jennings had no problem catching the rock. Except one. He got overly enthusiastic and it melted in his hands.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:

Gregorious Jennings had no problem catching the rock. Except one. He got overly enthusiastic and it melted in his hands.
LOL!
No........they didn't say how the guys did. But they DID have an interview of AL Harris, and they told him what they had done to the footballs and he looked, smiled, and said "Is THAT what they did?" Everyone started laughing!

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
yooperfan said:

LOL!
No........they didn't say how the guys did. But they DID have an interview of AL Harris, and they told him what they had done to the footballs and he looked, smiled, and said "Is THAT what they did?" Everyone started laughing!
why do i have the feeling the NFC celebration will involve snow men and a MASSIVE snowball fight!

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:
yooperfan said:

LOL!
why do i have the feeling the NFC celebration will involve snow men and a MASSIVE snowball fight!
If we win....you can BET that will happen!

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny because earlier this week when Coughlin was sick of hearing questions about the weather, he said something like "We won't be putting balls in the freezer." But the Packers did.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read a little blip in Sports Illustrated that was talking about Coughlin, when asked about how the weather would affect his team, said something like, "It's cold for both teams." The reporter said, that's like watching a man try to wrestle a shark and saying, "It's wet for both of them."

it caught me off guard, and i laughed out loud, spitting out my mouthful of coffee.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i read a little blip in Sports Illustrated that was talking about Coughlin, when asked about how the weather would affect his team, said something like, "It's cold for both teams." The reporter said, that's like watching a man try to wrestle a shark and saying, "It's wet for both of them."
:lol: 8)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how freezing balls, yet practicing indoors is going to help. The balls should thaw pretty quick in 68 degree weather, so it's not really the same.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how freezing balls, yet practicing indoors is going to help. The balls should thaw pretty quick in 68 degree weather, so it's not really the same.
I don't know.....they may have practiced with the doors open.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They kept the footballs in FREEZERS! And didn't tell the WR's before they threw them to them! LOL!
I can see the look on their faces..........expecting a lukewarm football, and catching a ROCK instead!

Freezers are only what 0 degrees?

Why werent they put outside since its like -10 out there?

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Freezers are only what 0 degrees?

Why werent they put outside since its like -10 out there?
:shock: Good point!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: