Pack vs Cards part 2

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the offense playing like today we HAVE TO GET AFTER PALMER. He is a older QB and isn't mobile, hitting him will make him second guess every drop back. Also see the correlation between sacks and wins.

Correct. We are 11-3 when we get at least one sack, 0-3 when we don't.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
The Cards faced a banged-up, makeshift OL. That tipped the scales in their favor by a wide margin. The Cards finished on a low note and it's not easy to regain lost momentum, especially going into the playoffs after a bye. The score last game is a bag of ashes. It's anybody's game.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Shortly after the Packers’ loss at Arizona, linebacker Clay Matthews was asked why a rematch with the Cardinals might be any different from the blowout in the first meeting. Matthews said: 'Can’t be any worse than that.' "

I think we probably all kinda feel this way about this game.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a year of slaying demons for us. We've been the Hawks and the 49ers, next week we'll avenge the 2009 playoff loss to the Cards and then we'll beat Seattle at Lambeau to get into the Dance.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Correct. We are 11-3 when we get at least one sack, 0-3 when we don't.

Thanks for that stat!

I feel like sometimes a bye week can hurt certain teams. Momentum plays a HUGE role and for people not to believe that is foolish...
This is the way I see it, Arizona coming off a big loss at home Palmer hasn't played since the first half of that game. You know that loss has to lower their confidence some. Green Bay is coming off a win a bunch of people counted them out of. The offense seemed to be on the same page. Also I think a big thing now is that AR feels like he has something to prove again. Since the Super Bowl win 2010 he has been one of the best if not the best QB in the league. He may have gotten comfortable. He needed this fuel to ignite that spark again. He loves proving people wrong you can see it in the press conferences.

Do we get to see more Abby? Adams started picking his game up and now he's injured...smh

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks for that stat!

Do we get to see more Abby? Adams started picking his game up and now he's injured...smh

Adams injury doesn't sound severe, but we have heard that before. I hope he is available, but I like our chances with Abby as well.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Watching fox sports. Shawne Merriman had nothing good to say about the win. He thinks its unfair how Aaron Rodgers snaps the ball to get 12 men on the field. He thinks the next game will be another blow out.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the offense can at least sustain drives and the o line protects Rodgers. It won't be a blowout. While we beat Washington..we can't forget that Washington was the worse team in the playoffs while Arizona IMO is better than Carolina. Packers going to have to play keep away, and hope Lacy and Starks run as hungry and hard as they did today. I can see Crosby being a major factor in this game and it's indoors which is a plus for the kicking game.

Worse than Houston?

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching fox sports. Shawne Merriman had nothing good to say about the win. He thinks its unfair how Aaron Rodgers snaps the ball to get 12 men on the field. He thinks the next game will be another blow out.
Unfair unshmare. Those were heads up plays by AR. I loved the way our offense clicked in the second half. If they can continue that rhythm we will beat the Cardinals.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Michael Irvin said the same thing pretty much by saying Arizona will put Green Bay in their place next weekend

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How insightful of them, especially daring after a 38-8 debacle in the desert just a few weeks ago. Their eye for the game is uncanny. They might be right, they may be wrong. Doesn't matter because we get one more game and anything can happen.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

My mistake...the worse team we would play in the playoffs . We looked pretty bad.....can you really blame anyone for thinking or saying that prior to this game we were worse than Washington?? No, you can't.

Oh for God sake !!! :rolleyes:

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to need to get Tretter some help this Sunday. Let him build some confidence, wear down that DL, and get ARod into a rhythm.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is it!!!

I am gladly eating crow for the Washington win.

Now lets see how the offense can play vs Arizona
Tretter was a big improvement and after the 1st quarter, the O-line appeared to have the tenacity lite bulb come on. Finally.

Pride game. I expect they take the whipping AZ gave them personally. I expect this game to be a brawl with the O-line PROTECTING AR. More worried about the Capers D.

BUT: Packers 24
AZ 21

AND: Seattle 35
Caro 21

On to Lambeau!!!

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tretter looks better than Bakhtari. Could it be that Campen has missed again????

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it all starts up front. While I'd like Shields and Randall and Rollins and everyone 100%, we need to do all the cliche stuff. Stop the run, rush the passer and put hits on the QB. Our offensive line needs to protect Rodgers. Do that and I think we have a better than average chance. Do that consistently and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for a few more games. The problem has been consistency all year long with this team.
The problem is MM doesn't apply what you just said in August.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Offense did show something today, our receivers played with more precision and they even caught some contested balls. Defensively we held a good offense to 16 points and did it without our best cover corner. I know this Nick Perry looked to be at full strength for the first time since St. Louis and he only trashed Trent Williams on multiple plays. His pass rush on the right side also opened things up for Matthews around the edge. If Perry stays healthy and Sam Shields returns us our defense will be scary good.
We blew at least 3 picks. Plays we will need to have in AZ.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Tretter looks better than Bakhtari. Could it be that Campen has missed again????
I'm going to venture that since it was JCs first foray as LT, there isn't much tape to work from. Arizona has a whole week to study an entire game. If Bakh is out, I hope JC is good enough for another week.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to take a few more risks and let his receivers fight for some balls. Seems like he only throws those balls on the free plays because he's not afraid of it getting picked. He also really needs to dial in his long balls. It was a little alarming how badly he missed a couple of those last night, by like 5 yards or more.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of things about this game:

1) A quick start for this offense would do wonders. It was great to see Rodgers actually enjoying the game yesterday (a sight for sore eyes). It's a little of the chicken and the egg scenario, as he was obviously in a good mood because we were playing well, but you can't convince me that his "swagger" doesn't elevate his game to the next level. He still missed some deep throws, but he was looking a lot closer to his old self compared to the last 10 weeks. A quick start could really help him find his groove. Oline has to hold up this time.

2) Where has that hurry up been? It's a thing of beauty when it's working. Washington's defense is really bad, but I think the pace of our offense really had them on their heels. Would love to see some more of that Saturday night. Pick them apart for small gains, move the chains, and then catch them off balance on a few big ones. Easier said than done.

3) Will Sam Shields be ready? Our rookie corners have been very good, but adding another top corner back to this D makes Palmer's life a little more difficult. He found a lot of easy openings for first downs in the first game. Shields will help shore up the secondary and give our pass rush more time to get home. As someone already said in this thread, getting some hits on Palmer will be key in this game. Pass rush looked great yesterday.

4) Finally, let's limit the big mistakes and hope luck is on our side. The first game barreled out of control on a handful of plays that turned a potentially close game in too a rout. Not to say we were going to win that game, but the disparity between these two teams is not as great as that 38-8 score would indicate. Let's hope the Cards are a little overconfident and that we come out and punch them in the mouth.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Although the Packers are benefiting from these and that's what the rules are now and Aaron is just making the best of the rules. I really hate how unfair the rules are for defenses. Why is it only that the offense gets to dictate when substitutions will happen?
Another one we benefit from but don't like are the free plays. Why is every other play blown dead right away, but when the defense jumps the offense gets a free play, the defense doesn't get to rush if an offense false starts do they?

The one I really hate are pass interference spots. For a judgement decision, it can earn an offense 20,30,40 yards in chunks is unfair. I like the college rule where it's just 15 yards.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the Packers are benefiting from these and that's what the rules are now and Aaron is just making the best of the rules. I really hate how unfair the rules are for defenses. Why is it only that the offense gets to dictate when substitutions will happen?
Another one we benefit from but don't like are the free plays. Why is every other play blown dead right away, but when the defense jumps the offense gets a free play, the defense doesn't get to rush if an offense false starts do they?

The one I really hate are pass interference spots. For a judgement decision, it can earn an offense 20,30,40 yards in chunks is unfair. I like the college rule where it's just 15 yards.

I disagree with all of this. The offense gets to dictate substitutions because otherwise you could stop an uptempo offense by subbing every play. False starts are blown dead because it's a pre-snap penalty. As soon as the offensive player moves, the penalty occurred and there's no point of the play going on. For offsides or neutral zone or 12 men, the penalty doesn't occur until the ball is snapped, at which point the play is already happening. In short, it's dead ball vs. live ball penalties. For the record, not all fouls on the offense are dead ball penalties. The offense isn't in an illegal formation until the ball is snapped. Therefore, on illegal formation penalties the play isn't blown dead. As for the pass interference plays, these are professional football players, they need to be able to cover downfield without interfering. If it wasn't a spot foul you'd see a lot more intentional pass interference on deep balls, as DBs would be more willing to take a 15 yard penalty than give up a big play.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts