Pack vs. Browns 1st Quarter

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I saw...

1. Hawk still can't cover anyone.
2. Young DBs still have a lot to learn.
3. Nick Collins seems like the only one that showed up on defense. I'll give a free pass to him on the touchdown throw b/c the QB had so much time to throw.
4. A few times Raji's penetration opened up running lanes.
5. Pickett is still a beast anywhere he plays on the D-Line.
6. Rodgers will have another awesome season.
7. Finley is unstoppable.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good analysis. I don't think it's the DBs being young. This is instructions from the DC. Giving the Wrs cushion was a reocurrent thing last year.

That being said, it might very well be smoke and mirrors. We did it last year, and opposing teams know it (evidenced by the Browns playing bunch and quick passes against us). Let them think we haven't adjusted it.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know its preseason and just the first game, but it looks like our defensive pentration problem and coverage problems have been fixed and ryan grant is gonna be unstoppable this year. :unsure:

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have ZERO pass rush. That is what I noticed. But coincidentally, I noticed our run D looks like they haven't missed a beat. We could be first against the run again this year. That means our coverage is going to need to do better than what we've seen so far.

Reaction score
We really couldnt get pressure from a 4 man rush simply because it was Joe Thomas vs Brad Jones. You really cant get a great pass rush from 3 really big D linemen. So we needed to send more people and thats how they exposed our secondary.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have ZERO pass rush. That is what I noticed. But coincidentally, I noticed our run D looks like they haven't missed a beat. We could be first against the run again this year. That means our coverage is going to need to do better than what we've seen so far.

Keep in mind our number one rusher wasn't even playing. I don't think it's any secret that Clay is an incredibly valuable player to our D. Just him on the field changes the way offenses will set up their protection.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Tramon williams SUCKS, as i pointed out last year.

Also Quinn Porter should be are starting running back.

And how about some reps for Brandon Underwood at the #2 CB while harris is still out.

ps: ryan grant runs like a girl.

EDIT: How could i forget this part

A-Rod FOR PRESIDENT, or atleast governor of wisconsin