Owens couldn't finish practice

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw on NFL live that TO was carted off the field for an "inflamed groin" or something to that effect. Sean Salisbury was quick to dismiss that it had anything to do with the fact he said he "will show up but i wont be happy." i personally think Sean is crazy for saying that. this seems like a really convieniently timed injury to say the least...2nd day in practice? cmon.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'd think it would make more sense to be injured in a game.

Taking a look back at history how many times did Sharpe have that 'turf toe' injury but once the season started he was 100% healthy.

These Training Camp 'injuries' always come up and go away. When he gets injured to the point he misses a game will I believe he's being that selfish.

OP
OP
A

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Taking a look back at history how many times did Sharpe have that 'turf toe' injury but once the season started he was 100% healthy.

thats kinda what i was gettiing at..i just think the motive is a bit more scandalous than "i dont feel like practicing." i think hes trying to show them he still has some control in the matter...kind of like saying "i'll come to camp, but i aint doin **** because im 'not happy'."

sure it could be a coincidence, but i think TO has afforded everybody the right to make some presumptions about his actions and character in general.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess i am leaning towards believing him because i have a groin injury keeping me out of a softball tourney this weekend. like you guys said, he wouldn't be the first guy to get hurt and take some time off camp but be fine when something important comes up.

TinaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that lots of guys get minor injuries during training camp but remember Walker already sat out of at least one practice due to a minor injury. I think both of these guys are in great shape but could sitting out those mini camps have something to do with it or on they working on something bigger to hold them out of a few games. As long as either one is with Rosenhaus there will always be speculation about what they do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If all Rosenhaus' clients suddenly got little injuries then I'd probably suspect something. Otherwise I say its just 'superstars' being woosies :D

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah. A lot of guys get it. I think it was last saturday when I was at training camp that J Walk hurt his back and had to sit out the afternoon practice. Just normal things. I dont think that TO is somone who would even fake injury during the regular season, I think that he will try his hardest this year but not do as good as what he could becasue he isn't happy.

Members online

Latest posts