Our new QB as manly as our old one?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a man:

Rodgers hits trail as sled dog racer

What's Aaron Rodgers doing in his first week as the Packers' starting quarterback? He's in Alaska, sled dog racing.

Here's the great lead from the story by Gary Curlee of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner: "Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers once again found himself facing the rear ends of several athletes poised for action. This time, it wasn't 300-pound linemen waiting for the 'hike' but a team of jumping, barking and impatient sled dogs."

Rodgers was in Fairbanks for the Jeff Studdert Passenger Race on Wednesday. It's a prelude — sort of a pro-am — to the Open North American Championship Sled Dog Race. He started out as the passenger on a two-man, 11-dog sled, then took over as the driver halfway through the race.

(Sounds like his Packers career, eh?)

Rodgers was part of a group of NFL players visiting Army soldiers and families at nearby Fort Wainwright on a five-day trip organized by Unlimited Potential, a Christian outreach group. The Packers provided door prizes for Wednesday's prayer luncheon.

-------------------

Alaska? Dogsled racing? That's manly.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Men want to be him, women want to be with him.. he's a plane flying, limousine riding, huskie driving son of a gun! :D

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least he's not afraid of cold weather conditions...... and he
can hone his leadership-skills. :)

"Wuff!!", uhm sorry, "woof!!"

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Men want to be him, women want to be with him.. he's a plane flying, limousine riding, huskie driving son of a gun! :D

Wait a minute... I thought we were talking about Rodgers?

When did we start talking about Favre again? :lol:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as he is into something LEGAL with dogs, I am OK.

I don't want to sound crass but at first, I thought oh no...

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a link to more on the story.. a pic and a video clip..

http://newsminer.com/news/2008/mar/13/green-bay-quarterback-rodgers-takes-reins-dog-race/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He looks like a hero in this picture.

I'm sticking with the story that the guy on the front of that sled fell down the mountain in an avalanche during a ski trip and was entrapped in an icy tomb 100 yards below the surface. Bleeding, broken legs, alone and slowly slipping in and out of consciousness... he begins to yell for assistance. Arod, on vacation trying to acclimate his body to Green Bay temps... hears the mans call. Using his cannon arm throws a rope to the man drags him out of the crevice. Rodgers then tended to the mans wounds and strapped him to a makeshift sled of timber (that arod felled with a single swipe).
Rodgers using his perfect field vision finds a pack of wild dogs in the distance. Wrestles the Alpha male into submission....eventually snapping his neck. Showing his dominance over the pack, Arod is able to command the wild dogs into a team. Aaron then brings the man down the mountain to a local hospital to be treated.
Because he is so humble, when reporters asked... Arod told them it was part of a race even though no other sledders ever appeared.

thats how i heard it at least.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice!!! Although I heard the dogs immediately started following him because of his innate leadership abilities.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Nice!!! Although I heard the dogs immediately started following him because of his innate leadership abilities.

Wouldn't that be counter productive.. kinda like a dog chasing its tail...

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its quite simple, ARod called a five wide all Go Play and heaved a deep ball, 10 miles later the dogs are still chasing it down.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Here is a link to more on the story.. a pic and a video clip..

http://newsminer.com/news/2008/mar/13/green-bay-quarterback-rodgers-takes-reins-dog-race/

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He looks like a hero in this picture.

I'm sticking with the story that the guy on the front of that sled fell down the mountain in an avalanche during a ski trip and was entrapped in an icy tomb 100 yards below the surface. Bleeding, broken legs, alone and slowly slipping in and out of consciousness... he begins to yell for assistance. Arod, on vacation trying to acclimate his body to Green Bay temps... hears the mans call. Using his cannon arm throws a rope to the man drags him out of the crevice. Rodgers then tended to the mans wounds and strapped him to a makeshift sled of timber (that arod felled with a single swipe).
Rodgers using his perfect field vision finds a pack of wild dogs in the distance. Wrestles the Alpha male into submission....eventually snapping his neck. Showing his dominance over the pack, Arod is able to command the wild dogs into a team. Aaron then brings the man down the mountain to a local hospital to be treated.
Because he is so humble, when reporters asked... Arod told them it was part of a race even though no other sledders ever appeared.

thats how i heard it at least.

Great story, I'm running with that one!