1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our FB situation going into next year

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by RainX, Mar 13, 2008.

1. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Korey Hall did a solid job considering he was a 6th round pick that converted from LB coming out of college and Kuhn wasn't a bad reserve considering we plucked him off waivers from Pittsburgh at the end of training camp.

We've also got two Practice Squad/Training Camp guys on the roster in Ryan Powdrell and Corey White, both of whom we've seen relatively little of.

So what do you guys think of our FB situation going into next season?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Basically what we had last year, but improved(growth from within!). I was impressed with our FBs most of the time. They laid wood on people and were fun to watch. With that said they were far from perfect and should only get better this offseason.

I don't see us bringing in anyone noteable. Maybe a 6th round HB\FB combo guy (a davenport type) or something.

Can't we just fast forward to the draft so we can watch Thompson earn his money?

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love watching K-Hall and Kuhn play O and ST. Id love if Kuhn got a carry or two in short yardage, he was a TB in college. Im hoping either will be rewarded with a TD catch or two this year!

4. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was impressed with these guys. Nice scouting to find both of them. I hope they improve with time.

5. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Actually, I would love to see either K-Hall or J-Kuhn develop into another William Henderson type FB - doesn't block people but buries them, and can catch out of the backfield.

Uh oh, gonna have to change my undies just thinking about that. :oops: :shock: :cross:

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hall showed flashes of being that type of FB on occasion, like when he laid out Urlacher for example.

I'm very comfortable about our FB situation, both Kuhn and Hall improved as the year wore on, which is very impressive considering one was a rookie and the other was a free agent pick up just before the start of the season who barely knew our playbook when the season began.

With that said, I'd like the FBs to get more involved in the passing game. I expect that to happen a bit more this season, and I think it'll only serve to make the Packers a more dangerous O.

Teams will be focusing on our WRs, Lee, and Grant. Hit the FB on occasion to give them something to think about, maybe even catch them off guard.

7. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was really pushing for Korey Hall, because I think he's a football player, but Kuhn impressed me as well. I'm totally content with these two as our FB's.

8. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jacob Hester in the 5th round!

9. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I also think Korey Hall did a good job last season and would like to see him develop.

Would like to see a healthy Ryan Powdrell in camp. The guy was good at USC and hopefully he can do it at the next level.

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I was thinking. I'd love for a FB to be a receiving threat.

Remember how Henderson used to jump over people? That was cool. :cool:

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Full Back- One of the most Under Appreciated jobs in the N.F.L, but also one of the most important.

I like them both.... I have to. They both got heart.

R.P.

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the guys we have now.
    That is all!

13. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kuhn developed into a nice lead blocker with some key stuffs in the hole. Hall is great at going low on LBs and opening up huge lanes by doing so. If you watch some highlights of Grant's big runs, both of those guys had key blocks. Hall is especially impressive with his ability to throw his body around and open up lanes without needing to really engage his man.

They complement each other very well since Kuhn is more of a sledgehammer and Hall more athletic and able to make blocks on outside runs. I'm very happy with the position right now.

Plus, the both contribute on ST.

14. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Improved play at fullback must have had something to do with the improvement in the running game late in the season. The one block I remember was Kuhn's on Grant's long TD against the Cowboys. As long as we've got these two guys and they stay healthy, we just need some camp bodies to get through the preseason.

15. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like all the guys we have now, but something tells me TT might look at the best FB in the draft again.