OT: Osweiller trade

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...

This guy. Besides height and (decent) arm strength, shouldn't have a job in the NFL. He can't read a blitz to save his life and I often wonder if he was off partying too much in Houston or something because he simply CAN NOT read an NFL defense.

The Browns actually get him AND a 2nd round pick (lol)

What are your thoughts on this?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
My thoughts are that we should try and trade clay Matthews to the Browns for a first overall pick because they are trading anything and everything they can lol

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns are really stupid... The 2nd round pick will MOST LIKELY be a "LATE" 2nd round pick now as the Texans will probably get Romo or Cousins now. The AFC top 3 would be Pats/Steelers/ Texans/Chiefs now

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Browns are stockpiling picks and the Texans get out from under a bad contract. Browns have 8 picks in the 1st two rounds over the next 2 years. I'd like to see what Ted would do with something like that.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns are brilliant. Madden Franchise Mode in real life. They can draft studs or trade for elite FAs. They will be a force in the next 3-5 years if they do this right. Seriously.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Browns are brilliant. Madden Franchise Mode in real life. They can draft studs or trade for elite FAs. They will be a force in the next 3-5 years if they do this right. Seriously.

lol

Basically a "72 rating" quarterback and a 4th for a 2nd and 6th

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

Basically a "72 rating" quarterback and a 4th for a 2nd and 6th

72? This guy doesn't even get the full facial recognition treatment. The Browns will not keep him on the roster come training camp.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
72? This guy doesn't even get the full facial recognition treatment. The Browns will not keep him on the roster come training camp.

I think that was his rating on the latest roster update

He has height which is important in the NFL obviously... and "decent" arm strength... that's about it

I mean this guy can not read a safety/defensive back overload blitz to save his life so i'm sure his "awareness" is really low

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that was his rating on the latest roster update

He has height which is important in the NFL obviously... and "decent" arm strength... that's about it

I mean this guy can not read a safety/defensive back overload blitz to save his life so i'm sure his "awareness" is really low

He needs to either go to QB school or retire. At 6'7" he's too tall to be an effective QB...That's my opinion. He shouldn't be under center. He should be in the shotgun. That's the only system that would work in his favor. Screw it. Let's say the Browns keep him. Re-sign Pryor (Packers should sign him), get some more receivers, you still have Coleman, more O-Line, run n gun. If you can't win...Why not let it fly?

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No his height actually helps him

If Aaron were 2 inches taller he would probably be the most physically gifted quarterback of ALL TIME imho... his one knack is usually his height

*and no Michael Vick doesn't count, pre prison time, as he wasn't that accurate

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't put Rodgers as anywhere near the most physically gifted QB at anytime, let alone all time. In terms of physical gifts, Vick blows him out of the water and it's not even close. Rodgers excels between the ears and has probably worked harder than most anyone to physically be able to do what he does.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't put Rodgers as anywhere near the most physically gifted QB at anytime, let alone all time. In terms of physical gifts, Vick blows him out of the water and it's not even close. Rodgers excels between the ears and has probably worked harder than most anyone to physically be able to do what he does.

I was meaning in terms of whole package for a quarterback...

Smarts(Peyton Manning), Accuracy(Young), Arm Strength(Favre/Elway), Clutchness(Brady)

Speed he obviously isn't as fast as Vick in his prime, that's not the point. Vick had a great arm in his prime but he was never really that accurate until his Philly days. And he had Roddy White, Warrick Dunn and Crumpler I believe when he played in ATL so it's not like he didn't have a decent offense around him

For speed/athletic ability it's obviously Vick and no one compares but he wasn't that accurate

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for me, when I think of physically "gifted" I think of things that come easily. I don't think his pocket presence was given to him, I think he worked at it. I don't think his ability to avoid pressure was great, but he worked at it. His footwork, all work. His accuracy, over and over and over and over work. His arm strength, hours all season and off season getting it to where he is. Core work to throw from odd positions like he does. He didn't just come out doing those things. He didn't even get to the NFL doing those things. He developed them all to a point where he looks better than everyone else right now, thru very hard work. The thing that separates him I think, he remembers everything and he beats you with his brain before he beats you anywhere else. In terms of physical gifts for an NFL QB? I think Rodgers is pretty average everywhere except between the ears.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now wait a minute... Rodgers isn't nearly as explosive as Vick running but he's definitely the most COMPLETE QB of all time. I'd take that over physically gifeted any day. To also say he's just "average" everywhere except between the ears is nutts!! His accuracy and arm strength alone are above average lol. Wait a minute..Brett?? Is that you??

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now wait a minute... Rodgers isn't nearly as explosive as Bick running but he's definitely the most COMPLETE QB of all time. I'd take that over physically gifeted any day.
no ****. where did you interpret i somehow thought Vick was better?

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for me, when I think of physically "gifted" I think of things that come easily. I don't think his pocket presence was given to him, I think he worked at it. I don't think his ability to avoid pressure was great, but he worked at it. His footwork, all work. His accuracy, over and over and over and over work. His arm strength, hours all season and off season getting it to where he is. Core work to throw from odd positions like he does. He didn't just come out doing those things. He didn't even get to the NFL doing those things. He developed them all to a point where he looks better than everyone else right now, thru very hard work. The thing that separates him I think, he remembers everything and he beats you with his brain before he beats you anywhere else. In terms of physical gifts for an NFL QB? I think Rodgers is pretty average everywhere except between the ears.

I don't know man...

That kind of "practice" and "film study/work" is what made Peyton Manning so special when he was on the Colts, that's why I listed him btw.

I'm just going to say it, on a "physical (arm strength and speed/athleticism) standpoint" Aaron Rodgers is/was WAYYYY BETTER than Peyton Manning EVER... Period.

I respected the hell out of Peyton on the Colts for his work ethic and time, but he honestly wasn't anything special physically... he was "taller" than Aaron for sure though LOL

Arm strength wise it isn't close, Aaron has a better arm than Peyton could EVER dream of.. .and I'll bet you $37 Million(Osweillers' guaranteed money) that Aaron Rodgers would KICK Peyton Manning's A** in a 40 yard dash race at ANY TIME in their careers. That's not taking anything away from Peyton, just Aaron has a clear advantage in those

Brett Favre or John Elway are routinely listed as the top for arm strength.. .but ACCURACY on those long throws I take Aaron 100% of the time, I would find few that differ

Clutchness, as far as winning in "final seconds"... few beat Rodgers besides Brady

For speed/athleticism I consider ability to extend plays and escapability, not just 50 yard runs in open field(which Vick did a lot while at ATL) because you're just faster than everyone else LOL.

The only real knack "physically" on Aaron I can think of is he's only 6'2

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think I don't find Rodgers to be the best QB in the league right now? I just don't think anything about where he is came remotely easy, except for the brains part of it. The throws he makes now, with the strength and the accuracy from unorthodox positions are because he worked his *** off at building his core so he'd have a stable platform from which to throw, regardless of where his feet were. It's not because he was "gifted".

I didn't know this was a comparison between Peyton and Rodgers, Rodgers moves way better than Peyton. But I don't think Rodgers is the most mobile Quarterback playing today, let alone all time.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys think I don't find Rodgers to be the best QB in the league right now? I just don't think anything about where he is came remotely easy, except for the brains part of it. The throws he makes now, with the strength and the accuracy from unorthodox positions are because he worked his *** off at building his core so he'd have a stable platform from which to throw, regardless of where his feet were. It's not because he was "gifted".

I didn't know this was a comparison between Peyton and Rodgers, Rodgers moves way better than Peyton. But I don't think Rodgers is the most mobile Quarterback playing today, let alone all time.

I was referring to Rodgers being the complete package physically at QB today.. or even all time, except that he is NOT that tall.

That was in refernce to an earlier post stating that Osweiller's height(from someone else) didn't help him... which i believe it does actually

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a Baller. A player. Pure thrower....So skilled at his craft that he demands perfection. He is all about Equilibrium. He is like a football samurai able to make the most impact with minimal movement. It is a joy to watch him play, which puts TT on my s*** list, because he's planning too much for tomorrow without addressing the needs of today. With a talent like Rodgers, here's a question. Do you go all out on offense? Or try to create balance with defense? Give Rodgers the weapons Matt Ryan has with an opportunistic defense and they would win multiple Super Bowls. Rodgers would've checked into a run play, and definitely wouldn't have taken a sack.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a Baller. A player. Pure thrower....So skilled at his craft that he demands perfection. He is all about Equilibrium. He is like a football samurai able to make the most impact with minimal movement. It is a joy to watch him play, which puts TT on my s*** list, because he's planning too much for tomorrow without addressing the needs of today. With a talent like Rodgers, here's a question. Do you go all out on offense? Or try to create balance with defense? Give Rodgers the weapons Matt Ryan has with an opportunistic defense and they would win multiple Super Bowls. Rodgers would've checked into a run play, and definitely wouldn't have taken a sack.

a lot of the "weapons" on the Packers offense are projections though

Outside of Nelson, Cook, Cobb, Adams

Like what is expected/projected out of Geronimo Allison, Janis, Davis...

How good of a RB can Ty be.. I think he's a better fit overall than Lacy though as he can catch

I would love to see more Empty Sets, which is why I posted about getting Alshon in an earlier thread, to see what Rodgers could do with 5 options all the time in a no huddle type Offense

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a lot of the "weapons" on the Packers offense are projections though

Outside of Nelson, Cook, Cobb, Adams

Like what is expected/projected out of Geronimo Allison, Janis, Davis...

How good of a RB can Ty be.. I think he's a better fit overall than Lacy though as he can catch

I would love to see more Empty Sets, which is why I posted about getting Alshon in an earlier thread, to see what Rodgers could do with 5 options all the time in a no huddle type Offense

Empty sets are intriguing. Forget Alshon. Great talent. Too expensive. Either injury or stupidity could take him off the field. I would really go after Terrelle Pryor. Move Nelson into the slot. Keep Adams on the outside. Cobb @ slot/backfield. Re-sign Cook. Allison will be special. Boom 5 Wide. Monty as your RB jack of all trades. Ripkowski as your Bull/safety outlet. Lacy or any chunky RB as your ground and pound guy. BOOM! Catch a O-Line guy or two from Wisconsin in the later rounds. BAM! Athletes for the Defense. Go Pack Go!!!

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Empty sets are intriguing. Forget Alshon. Great talent. Too expensive. Either injury or stupidity could take him off the field. I would really go after Terrelle Pryor. Move Nelson into the slot. Keep Adams on the outside. Cobb @ slot/backfield. Re-sign Cook. Allison will be special. Boom 5 Wide. Monty as your RB jack of all trades. Ripkowski as your Bull/safety outlet. Lacy or any chunky RB as your ground and pound guy. BOOM! Catch a O-Line guy or two from Wisconsin in the later rounds. BAM! Athletes for the Defense. Go Pack Go!!!

It's better to keep Jordy outside where he can use his height on jump balls, fades... and also he has a lot of success there.

Keep Jordy and Davante outside.

Use Cook and Cobb(I'd prefer Alshon here though) to work the middle and Montgomery/Allison as the other slot guy.

Montgomery is valuable b/c you can keep him in the backfield and motion him outside(into the slot) if you want to read the coverage(man or zone) and also b/c he is a true receiving threat(unlike Lacy)

I don't really trust Geronimo, Davis, Janis enough to be that other slot guy... they haven't shown me enough

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who said that he was?? There are about a dozen qbs in the league more mobile than Rodgers. But not any who can do what he does with his mobility. That's the difference.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one said you thought Vick was better...at all. My response was in regards to your last sentence which is dumb. Actually Read please.
I did actually read. most of what you wrote was not there when I responded. You obviously have zero clue what I'm meaning despite a very clear definition of what ones claim of "physically gifted" meant to me. I don't think any of his attributes were "gifts" other than his intelligence and ability to remember everything. The rest was fairly average marks for a qb with an extrodinary amount of work behind them to get him where he is today.