Opening Day!

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SWW... May the best team win... because that is what is going to happen... and unless you can predict the future, all your jibberish is just making you look more and more like and arrogant troll!!!

Dont come into our house, drink our beer and eat up all the brats and not expect your throat to get punched!!!

Packers all day!

Gregg Williams pre-game talk: "My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest
route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
So to you, getting 33% more yards per catch is a better indicator of a better receiver than the TDs he scores?

I cant wait to hear how you think Rodgers is a better QB than Brees!!!

And this is not a knock against Rodgers; he is an excellent QB and will be for many years!

I dont know about you but I would like the Packers score 33% more than the other team....
Get what he is saying now? 33% means a lot

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I cant wait to hear how you think Rodgers is a better QB than Brees!!!

And this is not a knock against Rodgers; he is an excellent QB and will be for many years!

I'll chime in on behalf of Rodgers. Rodgers is a better QB than Brees right now. Statistically he ended up nine places higher than Brees at the end of the regular season last year. He most recently led his team to the Super Bowl with the Super Bowl MVP award.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's only in passing yards. Look at the link (highlighted in my post) which ranks all the QBs using all the criteria. In addition to that, I'll add that according to pro-football reference.com Drew Brees career passer rating is 91.7 while Aaron Rodgers career rating is 98.4

I stand corrected.

Both are Super Bowl winning MVP QBs; enough said

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throw out all that ranking crap out the window,,,,,,it's too subjective and it's not consistant. Here's a scenario that may put Brees and Rodgers in their proper place. If your team(other than the Pack or Saints) was in dire need of a qb and Brees and Rodgers were both free agents.......who would be your first choice? I've got a stack of Ben Franklins that says 90% would choose Rodgers...if not 100%.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Throw out all that ranking crap out the window,,,,,,it's too subjective and it's not consistant. Here's a scenario that may put Brees and Rodgers in their proper place. If your team(other than the Pack or Saints) was in dire need of a qb and Brees and Rodgers were both free agents.......who would be your first choice? I've got a stack of Ben Franklins that says 90% would choose Rodgers...if not 100%.

Guac.. Isn't THAT kind of subjective. I mean you're asking for an opinion. I like sticking with the stats for most of the way. Right now, statistically Rodgers is better than Brees. At least statistics aren't based on opinion. They are based on metrics for evaluating success in any given venture.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt it.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, these arguments about which QB among the top few is "the best" or which one is "better" are pretty silly, IMO. Drew had a "bad" year last year as far as QB rating goes, and was still pretty damn high. IDK if it's known around here, but he played most of the year with a banged up knee that would have sidelined a lot of QB's. In any case, if you look on the rankings list for QB ratings you will find some pretty surprising names pretty high on the list.

Argue about which is better all you like (and after that, we can argue about whose daddy can't beat up the other's), but I am more than satisfied with Drew:

NFL Ranks Since 2006 (when Drew came to the Saints)

Completion Pct. - 67.0 - 1st - Drew Brees

Completions of 25+ yds
- 172 - 1st - Drew Brees

Pass Yds
- 22,918 - 1st - Drew Brees

Pass TD
- 155 - T-1st - Drew Brees

(5 straight 4,000 YD Seasons) and 3 straight 4,000yd/30TD seasons.

2009 -- highest completion rate in the history of the NFL

Beyond that, Drew's leadership was a huge part of changing the environment of the Saints. You won't find that in any statistics.

I am glad Packers' fans are happy with Rodgers. We are happy with Drew.

Works out pretty well, doesn't it?

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is a special player. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if Jimmy Graham turns out to be the better TE.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to PFF ...

Jennings 2008 - 5.2
colston 2008 - 3.6
Jennings 2009 - 12.5
colston 2009 - 11.6
Jennings 2010 - 7.1
colston 2010 - 5.2

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The number of INTs Brees throws is what hurts him in the Rodgers Brees argument.

Rodgers is a more athletic QB as well, and can scramble unlike Brees.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
OK OK, I can't sit on the sideline anymore. It's amusing how trolls trot out 2 or 3 or even 4 year old games to bolster an argument about what their team can accomplish. You know, like how they clobbered the Packers years ago.
Well, SWW, did your team have any recent changes, you know, like a D-coordinator who completely revamped the defense and made it #2 in scoring? We did. Since that game this is a wholly new Green Bay team. If I have to spell that out to you then you're looking at things a little narrowly.
You believe your running game is "fixed" because of a San Deigo cast off and a rookie? Well we think ours is fixed too and we have a 1200 yard rusher back this year, a 2nd year RB phenom and a rookie RB, the latter two who are also dangerous receiving threats.
Your team has good receivers, I know, I read some about your team. Did you see what draft gurus said about the Packers picking up Randall Cobb? They felt it was almost unfair, another target in likely the best receiving corps in the league. Don't believe me? Go do some research on what experts think about our team.
It's fine you want to just throw out silly predictions on the game. But please don't expect anybody here to think of you as a knowledgeable fan.
Oh, we have two rookie TEs with superb pass catching ability to team with Jermichael Finley and another 2nd year player who is steadily improving with athletic abilities similar to Finley. Yea, you've done your homework.
So after Nawlins loses in the opener and your team works it's way past the Falcons and Bucs of this league to a 10-6 record, let's see if they've got enough iron to win 3 straight on the road and then win the SB. Sure, sure, they can do it.
Personally, I'm real confident in a Packers win, but no chance in heck I'm overlooking the Saints. And by the way, it's ridiculous to come here trolling, most fans here will tell you we were all rooting for you against the ViQueens.
We respect your championship, we know what it's like, we have 13. Nobody here called your team "lucky" or "overrated" or anything like we hear here. Alot of football fans were cheering for your franchise, please don't go stink up the good feeling many in the NFL have of your team by thinking you're owed anything. So chin up, it's not a bad thing to get beat by the champs opening day.
Here's hoping for an injury free game and I know I'll be looking forward to meeting again in the playoffs. I think the Saints are 2nd best in the NFC and I believe alot of people would agree with me.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The number of INTs Brees throws is what hurts him in the Rodgers Brees argument.

Rodgers is a more athletic QB as well, and can scramble unlike Brees.

True, Drew's problem is that he doesn't like to give up on plays. You rarely see him just throw the ball away and frequently he tries to make a miracle happen rather than take a sack. Sometimes it works out, others times not. You take the good with the bad. Having said that, do you care to guess how many interceptions he threw in the 09 post season?

Rodgers can certainly scramble extremely well, but I think that may come at a price too. I really don't pretend to know how many of those 5o sacks he took a couple of years ago came as the result of him not giving up on a play, but he and Drew may share a common problem.

BTW, Drew doesn't scramble that much, but his footwork in the pocket is excellent.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea, maybe if Finley keeps getting hurt. Only way that'll happen.

It's always going to be tough to predict that any player (running back, WR or TE) on the Saints is going to be at the top statistically. Drew spreads the ball around too much for that. Other than Drew, I would not rush to pick any Saint for FF if I played.

No doubt the safe bet would that Finley will have the better career. Having said all that, time will tell. Graham's ceiling is very high. 6'6", 260lbs, played one year of college football. Compare his 5 TD's in 2010 (as a backup) to Finley's 7 career TD's. BTW, I recognize Finley was poised to have a HUGE year before the injury bug bit him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts