1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Opening Day!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by SaintsWillWin, Sep 4, 2011.

1. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    You know, the things you say as a reasonable fan quite resemble the things we say about our team. Rodgers has so many weapons. I'm surprised that Saints fans think their team is so loaded with receiving talent without knowing how well the Packers are stocked. Sorry morning, but seriously, you should do some research. The Packers are AT LEAST as stocked at targets buddy. After this offseason, they are ridiculously LOADED.
    Aaron Rodgers faces the same dilemna... too many hands and not enough plays. Also, it has been said that ARodge hangs on to the ball too long. He's not hanging onto it to dance, he's looking for plays like Brees is. If they extend the play and make something happen then they're brilliant. If sacked, it's a fault. I think you'll agree that the kind of play each QB has is what makes them so good. True competitors, I have QBs 1-5 with Rivers in the mix too. Matty ICE is NOT elite.

2. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I don't know, maybe you feel like I implied something about GB's targets that I didn't actually say. My point is that if you are a "skilled" player and your main goal is individual stats or even making Pro Bowls then you probably don't want to be a Saint. It's not unusual to be in the third quarter and hear that Drew has hit 6 0r 7 different targets. I am not really saying anything about GB there at all.

I agree completely about the competive nature of the QB's is what makes them special as well as leading to "bad plays." Just look at the speed of the game and the narrow windows they have to throw to in order to be so prolific, you can't do that as a nervous nancy. It takes audacity.

And LOL at Ryan, he is extremely over rated IMO. Decent ball control QB, but let's see how he does when his running game falters.

3. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    That my Nawlins friend is extreme homerism.
    If you're not surprised if Graham is his equal then you are prescient. I guess being a homer has it's advantages, you really believe this stuff. I think it will be a season for the ages with the "dream team" in Philly.

4. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    And I think you are necessarily displaying your own homerism to find homersim in my post. Notice I didn't guarantee Graham would exceed or even equal Finley, I said it would not surprise me. As good as Finley is, to take the attitude that there can be no greater than Finley is blatant homerism. The best comparison we have so far is the productivity of their first year -- advantage Graham.

I know I would take Graham's attitude over Finley's.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    to quote ric flair," to be the man, you gotta beat the man"

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    finley still needs to prove himself. Everyone sees the talent, but Packer fans think he is better than he is. I hear people say best tight end in the league and I laugh. Sorry but you need to actually prove that. some of the most talented players have failed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Knowing the histories, I have a much easier time thinking the Packers are a team of destiny than I do the Saints.
    I dunno.
    Maybe it's just me.

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I think these are the two best teams in the league. If they played ten games, they'd probably split, 5 wins each. But given the environment for this game and some of NO's injuries/suspension, I think this will be a lot for them to overcome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    It's hard to disagree with that analysis.

10. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I will be honest, there are a lot of question marks at WR for us. I love Colston, but you can't ignore the fact that he has had multiple knee injuries. After a while that takes a toll, and that's just part of the game unfortunately. Henderson, it depends on which version we get in 2011. In 09 he was very good. Last year, not so much. Meachem suffered through a toe injury all last year, but it sounds like he is back to form. Moore is a very nice receiver, runs great routes, has a knack for getting open and catches everything. However, he has a groin injury and I don't know when he will be 100%. We have several promising sleepers, but Arrington is the only one that is even a possibility, and he has been banged up as well.

We'll see how it works out.

11. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Come on Bozz, can't you at least give us 6 0f 10? j/k

• Like Like x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    The WR position is overrated. Look at the Pats, they won with garbage WRs but when they have talented ones they couldnt win a single one. oddly enough this is not uncommon. I wouldnt worry about the WR position.

If anything this is going to come down to the team with the better defense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Definitely in the NFC the Saints-Packers are 1A & 1B

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Couldn't agree with you more.

15. SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    IMO, the only reason Patriots & Steelers could be considered better is because they have more than one Super Bowl victory since the 2000s.

When the Saints & Packers win multiple Super Bowls we will best in NFL!!

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Packers are already the best with 13 NFL championships.
    We don't need to win multiple SBs to prove that.
    Though it would be helpful because it would shut up the Stealers fans who like to ignore that out of sour grapes.

17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I think your right that it could be a defensive game.

18. SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I think they are referring to the "modern" NFL.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    of course they are. because even though they have been around for almost as long, they were terrible for a good 40 some years.

Any list of franchise rankings has the Packers and Bears number 1 and 2 respectively.

20. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The NFL didn't start in 1966. There was an NFL prior to that and teams played and won Championships. Check out the history of the NFL. And in your modern NFL the Packers have recorded 4 Super Bowls to 1 for the Saints.

21. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Hey 13 time Champs what are you going to do next year when your username will make no more sense....Looks like next year you will have to get a new user name 14 times champs lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Have to win the 1st one and we did that

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I have no problem with anyone thinking the Saints are gonna win but no way it's that lopsided.

Let's make a friendly wager, shall we? If you guys win by more than 2 TDs, or if you guys score more than 40 points on us, I'll let you choose my signature. If not, I choose yours. Deal?

24. SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Although I do believe the Saints will win, my 42-17 prediction was to get a rise out of the forum.

The game will probably be more like 34-31 Saints, or in that general area.

The only way the Saints score 40+ is if, God forbid, something catastrophic happens to either the offense or defense.

25. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I think there is a way to change it. LOL