One man's take on the pack situation

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
taken from pro football central

Quick Hits (and misses)
By PFC Packers writer Mark Beerman

Now that Aaron Rodgers is the heir to the Packer Empire, what will fellow cheeseheads ponder to pass the time in the offseason...is Ted Thompson's hair for real or is it a mirage?

Speaking of Mr. Rodgers, Aaron is sitting on a virtual gold-mine in his last name. How many "Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood" ads will we see once his ascension begins? Better yet, does his "neighborhood of make-believe" feature the SI swimsuit model (and friends) that was all-over him at the college all-star skills thing that doesn't get any ratings? Because I'll kill whomever to get a duplex in that neighborhood!

Too many people dismiss this 2005 draft as being for the future. What a load of horse*bleep*! Seriously, Nick Collins and/or Marviel Underwood could both be starting, Terrence Murphy has a real chance at playing time both on offense and special teams, Poppinga could be a valueable role-player and if Klemm falters early, Junius Coston could have a shot at starting. This is anything but a draft for "next year" as some guru's with bad hair put it.

Is it just me or will pulling for Mike Hawkins be the easiest thing a Packer fan has done in years? If you don't know Hawkins' story, look for it on the Journal-Sentinal's website. Plus if this guy pans out, he has more potential than even Aaron Rodgers. When a scout thinks a fifth round pick is the best athlete he's ever seen, that says something.

I feel sorry for Javon Walker. Bubba Franks' ridiculous demands have J-Walk walking on the dark side with Drew Rosenhaus. I hope Javon sees the light much quicker than Darth Vader did.

Jim Bates has brought a spark to the GB defense. I didn't think defensive players would be excited for a mini-camp, but I think everyone (except Cletidus Hunt) wants to know their roles and start shutting mouths around the league. Having a Top 15 unit would probably merit Bates for the new role as the miracle worker.

One last thing...I know some people are throwing hissy-fits because Nick Collins is wearing No. 36. To be quite honest, we can't retire every number in GB history. The No. 92 being retired is quite obvious. But if we retire a number every 10 years, we'll have to start using the alphabet for player designations. "Hey, 36DD...get your *** in there and try not to bounce around so much! You're a player, not a bra size!"

Thathathathatha...That's All, Folks!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
six, that is a nice encouraging article. He certainly likes our draft. Personally I never count on much help from the current years draft. I hope he's right. Bubba and Javon need to get their heads screwed on right before camp.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thathathathatha...That ain't all, Folks!
I really like the way this guy writes - You think, maybe, he writes like his name evokes images of, or what? Beerman, what a name! - How can ya go wrong, especially with the ladies... or on a man's night out to see the Brewers on a warm summer evenin'....(?)

He's right about No.36, too - We're retiring No.92 and if things turn out like I think they will... then No.4 will be retired, as well. And, no one will argue the point along the way, either!

Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood.... He would have to actually write it up in print.. bad enough everyone's already makin' with the jokes when ya run into Bear's Fans... I think as Packerfans... we need to help ol' Aaron out on this one.... We need to take that whole premise to the next level and work out some type of shirt idea... if it's legal now... no steppin' on anyone's toes... I used to watch Mr. Rodgers all the time before goin' to work on 2nd shift back-in-the-day... Course, that was before cable and MTV, etc. Na, nuthin' else was on the damn TV.. just sit back party a bit before work... and sing that tune!

But the Shirt idea has me grindin the gears now... Anyone want to jump in on this.. ya can pm me on the side.... Word spreads pretty fast here on Al Gore's Internet, ya know! We could pull this one off, before AR actually takes over! Ya think!? :p

Members online

Latest posts