On to 2021!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brevin Jordan, TE Miami is also confirming that the Packers are one of five teams he has "consistently heard from" and have interviewed with. Source: https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...-interview-university-of-miami-brevin-jordan/

It appears First round talent interviewed is HEAVY at CB (Samuel and Newsome both confirmed) and borderline 1st Rondale Moore also...but TE is one it appears Gute has his eye on for a 2nd or 3rd rounder because Tremble and Jordan both aren't making it past Day 2.
Jordan has been hurt a lot. He could drop.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonathan Adams from Arkansas State is an interesting WR that shows some deep game chops with good run blocking. Fits the mold we’ve seen lately.

Tamorion (sp?) Terry of FSU would be a good MVS replacement. He’s tall, lanky, and he’s fast. I think he’s better than MVS was coming out of college. FSU was a **** show in many respects, so I wouldn’t worry too much about his last year. He’s good.

This is another really good WR class. GB should for sure draft one, if not two. But we’ve said that before, lol.

D

Deleted member 6794

Tamorion (sp?) Terry of FSU would be a good MVS replacement. He’s tall, lanky, and he’s fast. I think he’s better than MVS was coming out of college. FSU was a **** show in many respects, so I wouldn’t worry too much about his last year. He’s good.

Do you believe the Packers will move on from MVS after next season?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The future of MVS and Tonyan (even Lazard to a point) are all very similar, in that there is a real easy to picture scenario where both could play themselves into a rather "higher than GB wants to pay" type contract.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to release my current flow of thoughts in one isolated place surrounding our 1st round pick.

I truly believe there is a good chance, based on Gute's history, that we will not end up picking at 29 BUT let's discuss honestly realistic (not hopes of drops) options we feel fits our pick.

I'm at a point where I truly believe our pick at 29 is going to come from one of three different position classes: CB, OL or WR.

Personally, unless we see a Preston cut - edge is out I believe even with a fall of a higher draft board guy, a drop like that would offer Gute some incredible trade bait equity or the chance to give Barry a welcoming gift of an elite edge that fell - but as I described let's avoid predicting such falls.

In my opinion arguably there are only a select few guys realistically in play at 29 at the various positions. Obviously at some point you're going to stop placing names because sure, EVERY tackle behind these listed would be possible in the first round but we are talking value of the pick location vs the player. So listing Anthony Schwartz (WR) as a viable option, while yes true you could draft him there, it would be widely agreed a massive reach and ignorant to do so.

*Order below is not in a specific ranking outside of the underline section which allows the inclusion personally of two darkhorse options each

Cornerbacks I realistically place as an option:

Stokes
Campbell
Samuel Jr
Newsome II
Aaron Robinson
Elijah Molden

Offensive Lineman I realistically place as an option:

Teven Jenkins OT
Jaylen Mayfield OT
Liam Eichenberg OT
Dillon Radunz OT
Alijah Vera-Tucker iOL
Wyatt Davis iOL
Creed Humphrey iOL
Landon ****erson iOL
Alex Leatherwood
Trey Smith iOL
Josh Myers iOL

Wide Receivers I realistically place as an option:

Rashad Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Terrence Marshall
Rondale Moore
Elijah Moore
Nico Collins

That's 16/23 players I viable personally see barring a drop of someone that just cannot be ignored no matter position....me personally I think Zaven Collins or Nick Bolton are that good of players to grab, but given our teams draft philosophy at LB and the team being very high on Martin and Barnes I just don't think it will occur.

Thoughts, of course this is all hypothetical and our opinions but I'm curious logically does anyone truly see us going another direction?

With the interview of Alim McNeil (not a first rounder) signal they don't have interest in going Barmore or maybe Onwuzurike or Tufele in the first and plan on handling the Dline in the 2nd-4th range?

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'd be foolish to discount ILB. The only viable starters we have are Barnes and Martin, who were both injured during the season. I doubt Burks experiences a resurgence and in my opinion, Summers is likely not going to make the final 55.

While Barnes and Martin do have upside, selecting a player who can make a substantial impact Day 1 to me would be prioritized over potential. Not to mention we could use an additional player for depth with the release of Kirksey.

These players I deem too good to pass up if available:

ILB
Zaven Collins (1st)
Jabril Cox (2nd-3rd)
Baron Browning (2nd-3rd)
Dylan Moses (3rd-4th)
Shaka Toney (5th-6th)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I think it'd be foolish to discount ILB. The only viable starters we have are Barnes and Martin, who were both injured during the season. I doubt Burks experiences a resurgence and in my opinion, Summers is likely not going to make the final 55.

While Barnes and Martin do have upside, selecting a player who can make a substantial impact Day 1 to me would be prioritized over potential. Not to mention we could use an additional player for depth with the release of Kirksey.

These players I deem too good to pass up if available:

ILB
Zaven Collins (1st)
Jabril Cox (2nd-3rd)
Baron Browning (2nd-3rd)
Dylan Moses (3rd-4th)
Shaka Toney (5th-6th)

Okay let's stay on target of the discussion LOL...so Zaven Collins as this is pertaining solely to who is a realistic option at #29

I expressed why I didn't include LB, and until I'm shown confirmed interest in a 1st round LB - I just don't see given our organizations' and Gute's background with LB in the 1st. We've had chances at some and passed, arguably in the moment and of course retrospectively (which is clearly something you can apply to almost all picks).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sidenote....if it weren't for the apparent failed EQ experiment I 100% would have St. Brown from USC as a HIGH target of ours. He fits all of Gutes' typical WR boxes...I just have wrote him off as I just don't think they do that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The future of MVS and Tonyan (even Lazard to a point) are all very similar, in that there is a real easy to picture scenario where both could play themselves into a rather "higher than GB wants to pay" type contract.

It might be smart to sign Tonyan to a long-term deal this offseason instead of having him play on the second round tender.

I'm torn on what to do with MVS. It's possible that he improves resulting in him asking for too much money for the Packers to re-sign him next offseason. There's a chance he doesn't perform up to his contract extending him this offseason as well though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be smart to sign Tonyan to a long-term deal this offseason instead of having him play on the second round tender.

I'm torn on what to do with MVS. It's possible that he improves resulting in him asking for too much money for the Packers to re-sign him next offseason. There's a chance he doesn't perform up to his contract extending him this offseason as well though.

The MVS situation is tough, everyone with any kind of NFL eyes know what potential is there and the threat he holds to defenses already....but how much do you pay a guy that doesn't offer consistency (truly his only glarying issue)....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is still very early on...but judging from the interviews reported Packers have conducted....I'd say the bet is Packers will leave Day 2 with minimum one CB and one WR/TE - those two positions have been the clear and far ahead number of interviews, but more telling is they are the positions getting the most repeat interviews.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It is still very early on...but judging from the interviews reported Packers have conducted....I'd say the bet is Packers will leave Day 2 with minimum one CB and one WR/TE - those two positions have been the clear and far ahead number of interviews, but more telling is they are the positions getting the most repeat interviews.
King gone. Alexander, Adam’s, Scantling, Lazard, Lewis, Sternberger, Tongan with uncertain contract status. No surprise here.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posting this here bc “sleepers” get talked about a lot, but most people miss that it’s generally a media term, and not one for NFL teams.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And the reply from Jim Nagy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Just remember the bottom line. There really aren’t any sleepers for an NFL team. They have actual trained scouts that do this year round, and they talk to EVERYBODY. They have access to all the film. They know all of em.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have Pick 129 circled ******* my draft plans. Seahawks have THREE picks in the 2021 draft. THREE.

We have 10 and should have a 4th for Linsley next year and who knows if anything else late comes our way for comp picks otherwise...doubtful with Jones and King now back but who knows.

Either way I truly believe I'd be willing to give up a 2021 5th and 6th PLUS throw in a Day 3 pick in 2022 for that pick clean up if some of the players I predict may still be there are. That'd give us 3 picks in the very end of the top 150 and well within likelihood of some solid Safeties, OL and potential WR contributors....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Seattle. So probably are 25 teams in the league. There phone is going to be ringing off the hook for that pick. They may actually be able to turn their lack of picks, which will lead to multiple offers into a positive.
Does J. Williams turn into a compensatory pick?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about Seattle. So probably are 25 teams in the league. There phone is going to be ringing off the hook for that pick. They may actually be able to turn their lack of picks, which will lead to multiple offers into a positive.
Does J. Williams turn into a compensatory pick?

Linsley atm is the only surefire Comp pick. I saw someone tentatively say that Jamaal could garner a 6th or 7th. No 7ths were handed out this year in comp picks....best guess is maybe.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Williams would result in a pick, his contract wasn't anything to write home about and that seems to be the biggest driver for handing out picks. Might help us keep one for Linsley in the event we sign another FA making it a lose 2 gain 1 scenario vs. lose 1 gain1 equals zero. But I don't see it as a gain 2 picks if everything stays at it is now.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Williams would result in a pick, his contract wasn't anything to write home about and that seems to be the biggest driver for handing out picks. Might help us keep one for Linsley in the event we sign another FA making it a lose 2 gain 1 scenario vs. lose 1 gain1 equals zero. But I don't see it as a gain 2 picks if everything stays at it is now.

FTR Fackrell got us a lowgrade comp pick and his contract was just hair higher than Jamaal's per/year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say. Will have to see what all the gains and losses end up looking like and how they cancel out. This year was unusual that there were no 7th round compensatory picks. Don’t recall that ever happening before.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fackrell got like 5 million for 1 year, I think Williams is like a guaranteed amount that's close to half that over 2 years. I don't see a comp pick as even a possibility for him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fackrell got like 5 million for 1 year, I think Williams is like a guaranteed amount that's close to half that over 2 years. I don't see a comp pick as even a possibility for him.

Just FTR
Fackrell contract with the Giants was for 4.6 M - 3.5 M guaranteed
Jamaal contract with Lions is 6 M - 3.25M guaranteed

Members online

Latest posts