OK, I'll give you this much.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone wants to know "Who's your source" Let me start by saying I've never met Ted Thompson or anybody in the Packer organization. I do know somebody that is in the local media the covers the Packers. I'm not saying who he or she is. Here's how it goes. Usually someone from the ESPN or NFL network(Mortensen, Clayton, Shefter, etc.) are snooping around calling other GM's to see if anything is happening. When Grant got injured I'm sure they were speculating the Packers would be in need of a running back. After talking to some teams a few GM's admit they have had discusions. When calling Ted Thompson they get no comment. Then they turn to the local sports media to see if they no anything reguarding the Packers interest in such and such player. When I hear from my friend he or she will say guess who I talked to. They don't get anything from the Packers. Green Bay runs a pretty tight ship. Most of the time it comes from a call from national sports media snooping around for a story.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill throw out some inside information for everyone. It also means nothing lol.

The packers players get a cell phone from the team with everyones # loaded onto the phone, players, coaches, executives ect. They are expected to almost always be available through this phone for coaches. Pretty nifty that everything comes pre loaded for the player and it limits the excuses. This phone is exclusively for Packers business.

OP
OP
P

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you still going on about it?

Geez Why not just post and have fun!

Each time I have posted a trade rumor several posters wanted sources. Others believed I just made it up. I was just trying to explain to them how I get my information.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill throw out some inside information for everyone. It also means nothing lol.

The packers players get a cell phone from the team with everyones # loaded onto the phone, players, coaches, executives ect. They are expected to almost always be available through this phone for coaches. Pretty nifty that everything comes pre loaded for the player and it limits the excuses. This phone is exclusively for Packers business.

thought this was just SOP

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each time I have posted a trade rumor several posters wanted sources. Others believed I just made it up. I was just trying to explain to them how I get my information.

Better than most info I would say. Its cool.