1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Offsetting personal fouls

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by adambr2, Sep 24, 2015.

1. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    Near the end of the game vs Seattle, remember the play where Lang received a personal foul and both Bennett and Wright were penalized for Seattle? Why were these offsetting? 2 penalties for them and 1 for us is just even Steven? So anytime you see a personal foul called on two players from opposing teams, anyone can just jump in and get another 15 yard penalty without it actually being enforced?

2. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    I would imagine only one penalty can be accepted, meaning it was really one on each team, so that's good for Steven. As for the folks jumping in, I'd say the easy answer is sure, go ahead, but you'd better be sure there's already one against your team. It's been this way for a long time, so I doubt if there is any advantage to be gained that hasn't already been explored.

3. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Yep, only one penalty can be accepted. BTW, Lang tweeted this: $8,681. Price of defending your teammate in the NFL

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Said on TheFan tonight that he is now on the repeat offender list.

5. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    So he's repeatedly defended his teammates? :D

6. toolkien

toolkien Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +71
    No offense to Mr. Lang, I appreciate that he had his teammates back, and NFL is killing the game with fines and penalties, but on a pro-rated basis between his $5,800,000 salary for 2015 and the average household income of Brown County Wisconsin of about $52,500, the fine equates to about $78.57.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. TJV

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Of course I don't know but I would guess Lang wouldn't take offense. I think he was upset about being fined any amount.

8. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,893
    Personally, when it comes to multiple penalties, especially personal fouls, I would prefer they treat it like Hockey. 2 personal fouls on one team, 1 on the other.....first team looses 15 yards. Otherwise, as the OP pointed out, it can promote having a second or 3rd guy in taking cheap shots. Of course, as Lang, Bennett (both $8.7K) and Wright ($10K) found out, that mentality can also hit your wallet.