Official week 3 pregame thread: Tampa and Tom terrific

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa’s defense scares the **** out of me to be honest. Online gonna have their hands full. Front 7 is arguably the best in football

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm cautiously pessimistic about the match. Our recent record against them isn't really competitive. We do keep throwing away winnable matches. I hope we break the trend and hammer them ... Fingers crossed.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
If I'm MLF I'm thinking about how we are going to break these trends. What do we do differently to have better success on these road trips. Seems the West Coast and the South gives us trouble. Might just be that we are facing good teams too. The Bucs are the #1 defense in the league and created the 2nd most turnovers with six in two games. I know it's early to be talking stats, but that does say something. Run the ball and don't turn it over. If they can establish the run game I think they have a chance. If not, it's going to be a long day.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa's defense has of course been really good and I wouldn't be too surprised if we struggled there.

Consider also however that on the other side of the ball they've only scored two offensive touchdowns total this year and one of them was scored by Mike Evans, who is out with a suspension, as mentioned.

Reaction score
Tampa’s defense scares the **** out of me to be honest. Online gonna have their hands full. Front 7 is arguably the best in football
They are a very stout group.
That front 7 (less Akiem Hicks ruled out) will have to carry the Tampa Offense this week.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are a very stout group.
That front 7 (less Akiem Hicks ruled out) will have to carry the Tampa Offense this week.
Not to mention a deep and experienced secondary. Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Mike Edward's and Antoine Winfield are a formidable unit.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bakhtiari and Cobb (illness) didn't practice yesterday. Jenkins, Lazard, Lewis (groin), Watkins (hamstring) and Watson (hamstring) were limited participants.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari shouldn’t even be thought of to start again this year. There I said it. Recent comments from MLF in the matter has finished convincing myself of that. I had hope, I really did and didn’t wanna give up on him. Real shame we have to pay this guy a **** load of money to do leg lifts and walk like an Egyptian during the week in rehab. The whole situation is an annoying and frustrating complete cluster *** and no one is going to look good here. He needs to just retire and we can move on. I’m sorry but it’s time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bakhtiari shouldn’t even be thought of to start again this year. There I said it. Recent comments from MLF in the matter has finished convincing myself of that. I had hope, I really did and didn’t wanna give up on him. Real shame we have to pay this guy a **** load of money to do leg lifts and walk like an Egyptian during the week in rehab. The whole situation is an annoying and frustrating complete cluster *** and no one is going to look good here. He needs to just retire and we can move on. I’m sorry but it’s time.

Like it or not, the Packers will give Bakhtiari the entire 2022 season to get back on the field. If he won't be able to they will move on from him after this year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah? You know exactly what's going on health wise with Bakhtiari? I must have missed all the details about it. Please fill me in on his current status.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah? You know exactly what's going on health wise with Bakhtiari? I must have missed all the details about it. Please fill me in on his current status.
You must have. You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of the setbacks and even his own coach saying he has zero clue what his status is, they’re taking one day at a time and they’ll see where they’re at on Sunday. He doesn’t even want to get his mind go there at this point. Does that sound encouraging to you? You all filled in now? You’re welcome.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Dang, I wonder who even practiced at WR this week?

Did not participate: WR Randall Cobb (illness), LT David Bakhtiari (knee)
Limited participation: WR Allen Lazard (ankle), OT Elgton Jenkins (knee), TE Marcedes Lewis (groin), WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring), WR Christian Watson (hamstring)

Hamstrings are a tough thing to judge. I didn't hear anything about any MRIs on Watkins or Watson. I'd assume they are just precautionary, but Watson really needs the work with Rodgers. Heck, chemistry has to be built with that corp and three starters out doesn't help that. As the old saying goes, time will tell.

Reaction score
I agree. Bak might have played his last game.. OR… he might be suited and starting at anytime. It’s anyones guess and they (Packers) are holding their cards tight so good luck anyone getting any meaningful answers as to his status. It’s like Bakhtiari is living in Fort Knox

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm most concerned with the strength of the Tampa front seven on defense. LaFleur needs to find a way to mitigate that strength of Tampa. I don't like our chances ever playing in Florida in September. We're definitely underdogs in this one imo.
The problem is LaFleur is conservative in his playcalling.

On the road in an old rival's house (rememeber the NFC Central?).

Play action to Dillon, and let it rip to Watkins or Watson.

Be bold and punch the bully in its mouth.

Can't play scared.

Tampa Bay is at its weakest.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. Bak might have played his last game.. OR… he might be suited and starting at anytime. It’s anyones guess and they (Packers) are holding their cards tight so good luck anyone getting any meaningful answers as to his status. It’s like Bakhtiari is living in Fort Knox
Exactly..coach has knows what his status is. If he doesnt then shame him the Dr and David
If this was some 6th Rd player maybe I would understand he didnt know.

Answer this

If this was Rodgers and same situation, would coach say I dont know?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa's defense has of course been really good and I wouldn't be too surprised if we struggled there.

Consider also however that on the other side of the ball they've only scored two offensive touchdowns total this year and one of them was scored by Mike Evans, who is out with a suspension, as mentioned.
Maybe it could be that the defense has to win this.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watkins is out... Thats no good... here comes the 'It has begun...' jeers...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It IS. My hope is that we can make it a defensive battle to have a chance. But that is a tall order.

Members online

Latest posts