OFFICIAL SUH SUSPENDED FOR 2 GAMES

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made a post on his wall...but most are hiding behind the screen talking all big and bad to him..

Calling him a punk with money and such, they would NEVER do it to his face,..
lots of people would take a punch if they could take it to civil court. Surprised it doesn't happen more with nfl players actually.

packerbackerbaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
$35k, 2 games.

Suh is an interesting fellow. He's like the kid in middle school that was 2x the size of everyone else and just ran over everyone. Usually kids even out a bit when they grow up. But he just kept getting bigger, and not growing up.
This video kind of goes along with my theory ;-)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I also think he genuinely wants to hurt quarterbacks, too many plays where he is going for the head/twisting. Pre-season play like that? C'mon... He's gotta learn that he does not have to play like that to be effective.

He is a physical beast... if he gets it figured out he's going to be a force for a long time in NFC.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

THAT is NOT an apology coming from Suh. THAT is a press release written by some public relations administrator within the Detroit Lions organization and read to the cameras by Suh.

Suh probably is just starting to grock how much money this whole deal is going to cost him.

But, don't for a second think he is apologizing.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a difference here
Woodson is as guilty of temper issues as Suh
but you have a whole tread devoted to this, maybe i'm missing something

Seems kind of hypocritical, I'd expect this from Bears fan,
Lionsfantroll,

Uh, yes, there is a difference. Of course, this is not math, so I cannot prove it, but if anyone was to look at the two players, their careers, their reputations, and the circumstances and aftermath on each of the two incidents... I would guess that 99 out of 100 people would agree that there is a difference. Only a few Lion fans would disagree, I imagine.

Let's break this down a bit:
Woodson: Long career, minimal amount of personal fouls and fines, sucker punched someone in a game, owned up to it immediately after and was fined. Many Packer fans, by the way, thought he should have been ejected. It was the ref's decision that he had not "seen the whole incident", which is written in the rules.

Suh: Short career, peppered with personal fouls, fines, and a recent meeting with the Commish to discuss. Shoved opposing players head to the ground multiple times, then kicked his arm as he walked away. Denied responsibility and lied about it, only "apologizing" a day later via something likely written by the Lions front office. It was the ref's decision that he had indeed "seen the whole incident" and decided to eject.

So, though I will agree that both incidents were the result of temper issues by both Suh and Woodson, they have many differences.

And we have indeed a whole thread on this issue. Then again, so does ESPN.com (front page), NFL.com (front page), and most other sporting websites and newspapers. I am living in the UK and, guess what... in the only column dedicated to NFL (it's mostly Premier league futbol here), the headline refers to Suh and his ejection. So, maybe this forum is not being so different after all... maybe you are! So, yes, I think you ARE missing something.

Oh, and then you stooped real low and called us "Bears fans"...:eek:

Well, as much as that hurts, I am consoled that you didn't, at least, call us "Lions fans". That would have been a far worse insult.:laugh:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, I'm saying Suh should've been ejected, and his statement after the fact was completely moronic
but you guys up and down this board saying he should be removed from the league, I'm not understanding what makes Woodson any different then Suh, and as a Michigan fan we are all far to familiar with Woodson, hes a Hell of a player but he as had is issues with late or blatant hits himself

I challenge you to go and re watch the video of the incident from Thursday, you said it yourself , there is more to this then what is shown, your own player was quoted as saying "two aggressive players playing football, I'll leave it at that"
was that not the quote ??
seems to me that its a 80/20 split on what went on and who is to blame...

Oh and please feel free to come to the Lions boards , you will see that most of us agree Suh's actions were out of line.

Who said removed from the league?? I havent seen that...If someone really said kick him out of the NFL for that, then that person is just crazy..But I guess I would agree there prob is..As far as what Smith did to Suh, on that play we cant see anything......Could Smith have said or done stuff up before that play? I wouldnt doubt it..But with all the cameras, logic says it would have been caught on film..

Hell John Randle talked crazy to the other team...Talked about his family and all that...He would research guys an pick on them entire game..But most didnt resort to stepping on John..

Anyways, what Suh did was very visible and he already had the rep of being dirty...Then on top of it, he LIED about doing it...I bet if he apologized after the game to Smith and the Packers, majority of people wouldnt be making a big deal of it..

To me comparing Woodson and Suh is not going to work...Both are such different players it isnt even close..Woody admitted to throwing the punch...He "manned" up to it....Suh denied it and said he was losing his balance..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are abounding. I already deleted a thread that said he was cut from the Lions, when that is not a confirmed fact. Now he's out of the league?

Lets all make sure we have a link to a creditable source (statements from the team, PC, pressers... etc.) before we post.Trust me, if something that big were to go down, we'd all know about it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm saying Suh should've been ejected, and his statement after the fact was completely moronic
but you guys up and down this board saying he should be removed from the league, I'm not understanding what makes Woodson any different then Suh, and as a Michigan fan we are all far to familiar with Woodson, hes a Hell of a player but he as had is issues with late or blatant hits himself

I challenge you to go and re watch the video of the incident from Thursday, you said it yourself , there is more to this then what is shown, your own player was quoted as saying "two aggressive players playing football, I'll leave it at that"
was that not the quote ??
seems to me that its a 80/20 split on what went on and who is to blame...

Oh and please feel free to come to the Lions boards , you will see that most of us agree Suh's actions were out of line.
I dunno man. It's like your defending the Lions in a lame way. Your post is like "Yeah, we have a dirty player but let's not forget that the Packers do too!"
What is the point of your posts?
If you already agree with us about Duh, then why are you bringing up Woodson?
Since Woodson did break a rule that gets one ejected, yeah, he should have been ejected if caught.
And Woodson just threw one punch that probably wouldn't have really done too much damage whereas Duh not only held a guy by his head which could have resulted in a broken neck but then stomps him. Insult to insult.
Both instances are apples to oranges.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors are abounding. I already deleted a thread that said he was cut from the Lions, when that is not a confirmed fact. Now he's out of the league?

Lets all make sure we have a link to a creditable source (statements from the team, PC, pressers... etc.) before we post.Trust me, if something that big were to go down, we'd all know about it.
"The NFL is expected to inform Suh of his discipline by Tuesday."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-meet-the-level-of-sportsmanship-we-expect/

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said removed from the league?? I havent seen that...If someone really said kick him out of the NFL for that, then that person is just crazy..But I guess I would agree there prob is..
Well, I've written in a time or two somewhere around here that he should be banned.
I don't like it when something like this happens to the team I'm passionate about. I don't like acts of violence against someone defenseless. And based on past experiences, I don't trust Duh.
If he gets a hefty fine and suspension, maybe, and it's a very big maybe, he will learn his lesson. Maybe this will be a wake up call and he will learn that it's wrong to even think about touching an opponent's helmet.
But I doubt it and I think he should be gone. His dirty style of play has no place in today's NFL.
He will be back and I think he should get a warning from the NFL: You ever get ejected from another game again, you are gone for life from the NFL.
I also hope the NFL will keep a much closer watch on this thug unlike they ever did before.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We live in a world of second chances. What he did was dirty but He shouldn't and won't be banned because of it. He needs a hefty fine and some time off. Maybe then he will come to his senses.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The NFL is expected to inform Suh of his discipline by Tuesday."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-meet-the-level-of-sportsmanship-we-expect/

Sucks we have to wait until Tuesday to find out. This has got me wondering exactly what that punishment might be. I'm still saying $50K and 3 day suspension, but what if the league should decide to make an example of Suh and really lay the hammer down? Hypothetical, suspended for the rest of the season or even a jaw dropping ban from the league. I don't think it's going to happen but with the way the league has been cracking down on this stuff, I have to wonder if Suh didn't stomp his way into being the NFL's model for what not to be. I'm just going to say I wouldn't be all too surprised to mind my jaw on the floor on Tuesday.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Hypothetical, suspended for the rest of the season or even a jaw dropping ban from the league.

Well it would certainly send a message, but I doubt seriously they would do a year suspension.

And if they did, goodbye to any Lions playoff hopes.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he should at least get 1 suspension what he did was inexcusable and there is a difference between him and woodson,besides Woodson manning up to what he did,he doesn't do it in every game that he is in.I think shu has this mean streak in him,where he thinks on field I can hurt some body bad lets face he would be in jail if he did that off the field,he needs to know you can not do it on the field.

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Hayneworth STOMPED on a guys face (no helmet) he was fined 5 games and loss of pay for those 5 games resulting in something like 200k.
I'm thinking, he (Suh) gets 1 game and 50k, fine...
WE !!! (many of us) hopes that our coach will then drop the hammer on him as well, he is the coach, when we played Tampa our guard was called for something stupid, either a hold or PI when the Lions were trying to kill the clock, Schwartz, after the game called out Cherlus and said the penalty was stupid and it could've cost us the game.. He sat him the next game...
Last week when our RB Williams fumbled and the Panthers recovered, Schwartz made him sit out the rest of the game..
This is a defining moment for our coach, if he does nothing there is going to be a lot of noise coming from the Lions fans,
Lets face it Suh embarrassed the city of Detroit and the Lions organization...
Had he just said in his presser after the game, "Yeah the guy and I got into a scuffle, he pissed me off, and I lost my temper"
I would be OK with it, as would probably everyone else in the league, but his stupid "falling" crap is crazy .....
We all shall see what happens to Suh come next week, it will be interesting...

Oh and I never called you guys Bear fans .... I wouldn't stoop that low...lol
What I was saying is "I was falling backwards off my chair and I typed that" J/K
I was saying Bear fans would be calling for his removal from the league, or execution...
I should've typed "I would expect comments like that from Bears Fan" My bad
Hey at least I didn't say "Vi-queens" fan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Year ban wont happen...I think lot depends on what was said in the metting he had with the commish a few weeks back..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Year ban wont happen...I think lot depends on what was said in the metting he had with the commish a few weeks back..

... A meeting that didn't appear to do him much good. That meeting will just make things worse for Suh. He could of considered that as a warning from the commish, one he didn't heed. This is the reason I think he will be facing a multi-game suspension.

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... A meeting that didn't appear to do him much good. That meeting will just make things worse for Suh. He could of considered that as a warning from the commish, one he didn't heed. This is the reason I think he will be facing a multi-game suspension.

He (Suh) called that meeting himself, I believe it was sometime after the Kansas City game,...
Suh, Schwartz and Mayhew (GM) went to New York to meet with him, it wasn't the commissioner that called Suh
Suh was getting flagged and warned in several games, and he felt it was UN-just he wanted to know what the league considered legal and what he was doing that was causing such an uproar with the officials, he felt like he was being targeted...
Its funny after the meeting the Comish came out in a presser and said how Suh was a very nice, intelligent man, and he is impressed with the level of passion he plays, and he even went on to say that Suh is a big reason that the Lions are having the success that they are, (seriously look it up...:))

I think most people around the NFL thinks that it was Suh getting "called on to the carpet" which just isn't true ...
The meeting was set up a month or so before they met..

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Didn't Suh ask for the meeting for clarification as to what is legal? Suh probably thinks what he did was OK because the Commissioner probably did not expressly tell him he couldn't stomp on people while they were defenseless on the ground.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Suh ask for the meeting for clarification as to what is legal? Suh probably thinks what he did was OK because the Commissioner probably did not expressly tell him he couldn't stomp on people while they were defenseless on the ground.
It's like he was asking for help.
And then when he gets it, he still turns it down.
It's like he relapsed or ignored the advice.

Of that meeting I came away with the impressions that Suh was:
A) Defending his style of play and trying to make the commish OK with that.
B) Kissing up to the commish. so that any future fines wouldn't be so harsh.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He (Suh) called that meeting himself, I believe it was sometime after the Kansas City game,...
Suh, Schwartz and Mayhew (GM) went to New York to meet with him, it wasn't the commissioner that called Suh
Suh was getting flagged and warned in several games, and he felt it was UN-just he wanted to know what the league considered legal and what he was doing that was causing such an uproar with the officials, he felt like he was being targeted...
Its funny after the meeting the Comish came out in a presser and said how Suh was a very nice, intelligent man, and he is impressed with the level of passion he plays, and he even went on to say that Suh is a big reason that the Lions are having the success that they are, (seriously look it up...:))

I think most people around the NFL thinks that it was Suh getting "called on to the carpet" which just isn't true ...
The meeting was set up a month or so before they met..

So Suh called the meeting. That doesn't make it look any better for him. If he called the meeting and asked, rest assured the commish laid down the law. Therefore having been so informed, Suh should of known stomping on a defenseless player was going to cause an uproar with the officials. It's really not that hard to figure out. It also makes me wonder what is wrong with Suh that he can't seem to understand why the officials are targeting him. I will give you this regarding Suh, some positive stuff for once. I find him to be an incredibly gifted and talented player, one of the best in the league. Yes, he is a large part of the Lions success on D. Any team would be lucky to have a player of his caliber on the roster. What we can all do without is plays like Thursday night. He's not doing himself or his team any favors. He's actually hurting his team more than he's helping. I'd honestly like to see Suh become the player he should be. He doesn't need to play dirty, he already has all the talent. What he could use is some respect. I think if he knocked out the BS, dirty plays, he'd gain a lot of respect around the league. Take the Lions out of the mix, as I'm a Packer fan, I don't fancy the Lions much but I can have tremendous respect for a player like Calvin Johnson, who I find to be one of the most talented receivers I've seen in my lifetime. I admire him greatly. I can't say the same for Suh, all that talent, I just hope he doesn't let it go to waste. How come some of the most talented players in this league, T.O., holla, are the ones who have screws loose in their heads. I'm sorry to say so, but you'd have to have a screw loose (or several) in your head to do what Suh did on Thursday. Let him now have little reason to wonder why he gets the refs in an uproar and why he is targeted.

RickInAZ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players.
“I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional—on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand — by winning.”
The emphasis is mine. Notice that it's not an apology; he's still blaming Dietrich-Smith for "derailing his calm and determined demeanor." Let's disregard that Dietrich-Smith played the snap cleanly. Suh clearly didn't like being manhandled and you can see that in his shoving of D-S's head into the ground repeatedly before being yanked off of him. That was pure frustration on the part of a player who is way over-hyped.

If he doesn't get a 2+ game suspension, I'll be stunned. The guy is immature and needs to be taught a lesson.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The emphasis is mine. Notice that it's not an apology; he's still blaming Dietrich-Smith for "derailing his calm and determined demeanor." Let's disregard that Dietrich-Smith played the snap cleanly. Suh clearly didn't like being manhandled and you can see that in his shoving of D-S's head into the ground repeatedly before being yanked off of him. That was pure frustration on the part of a player who is way over-hyped.

If he doesn't get a 2+ game suspension, I'll be stunned. The guy is immature and needs to be taught a lesson.
I'm amazed. Really am that players don't take holds, hits, blocks and tackles and other physical things personally more often.
I've never played organized football, but something must be taught to them at an early age for them to not take anything personal, otherwise we'd see reactions like Duh's more often.
I guess Duh has yet to learn that.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
. . . I'd honestly like to see Suh become the player he should be. He doesn't need to play dirty, he already has all the talent. What he could use is some respect. I think if he knocked out the BS, dirty plays, he'd gain a lot of respect around the league. Take the Lions out of the mix, as I'm a Packer fan, I don't fancy the Lions much but I can have tremendous respect for a player like Calvin Johnson, who I find to be one of the most talented receivers I've seen in my lifetime. I admire him greatly. I can't say the same for Suh, all that talent, I just hope he doesn't let it go to waste. . . .

Yeah, there are some guys you love to hate just because they are "that good" and give your team fits. Suh could be one of those, but he gives you too many other reasons to hate him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NFLN chimed in

Steve "Mooch" said 2 games and no pay--He did say he wouldnt wait for the NFL to rule, he would suspend him right now

Jamie Dukes thinks one game and 500K--He said that Smith bent him backwards as the play was ending (video showed he did) Jamie said that is the wrose thing you can do to a lineman, and that was the reason why he snapped (not justifying him snapping, but just gave the reason why he snapped)

Tom Waddle said 2 games and didnt give a fine amount

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

It appeared that way to me too. He was ticked because Smith got the upper hand on that snap. Judging by Suh's lack of productivity in the first half, Smith was doing pretty well with him. Suh didn't like being bested, so he snapped. We've seen this kind of behavior by "stars" in sports since we were kids. They begin to believe their own hype, then when someone matches up well with them, they lose it.

And I think ESPN should do us all a favor and fire Jamie Dukes. His cockeyed reasoning sounds like he's a shill for Suh.

Members online

Latest posts