OFFICIAL SUH SUSPENDED FOR 2 GAMES

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
maybe Southpaw7391?!!?!

SERIOUSLY... the same insults everytime!!!! and HELLLOOOOO this is football forum, not a Detroit city hall forum!!!

I couldn't qoute from 2 pgs.... so I was going to put my input on the Suh is so dirty thread,...and after reading pg. 6...I got nuthin!!!:(

Dieon Sanders said Suh should shut up

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow.
When a team turns against it's own player and doesn't accept his excuse/lies for his behavior then that is really something.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...rs-as-unacceptable?module=HP11_headline_stack

"The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday's game was unacceptable and failed to meet the high level of sportsmanship we expect from our players," the Lions' said in a statement. "Ndamukong has made many positive contributions to the Lions on and off the field. We expect his behavior going forward to consistently reflect that high standard of professionalism."

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A day after Ndamukong Suh was ejected from their annual Thanksgiving game, the Detroit Lions have released a statement condemning Suh for stepping on Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith. “The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday’s game was unacceptable and failed to meet the level of sportsmanship we expect…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
now he issues an apology?

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/134515758.html

Suh stated, "In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday's game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration."

"Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players."

"I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional-on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand - by winning."

So.....the upper brass got a hold of him and said ****? and say your sorry? Or what? Family, friends? Someone got to him to tell him he was off his rocker

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now he issues an apology?

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/134515758.html

So.....the upper brass got a hold of him and said ****? and say your sorry? Or what? Family, friends? Someone got to him to tell him he was off his rocker
I wouldn't exactly call it an apology. And even if it is, it's a limited and a lame one at that.
He needs to apologize to the Packers, the Packers fans and more.
But it's too late.
No apology is going to erase any thoughts of him being a dirty player and it's going to be too hard to think he's being sincere especially after his excuses he gave in his post game press conference.
The only thing that would erase this would be one of three things.
1) Ban him for life from the NFL.
2) Suspend him for the rest of the season.
3) Time. If he can somehow bring himself down to the notch where he plays aggressively only and doesn't step back over the line into dirty play, then that would get this forgotten about sooner. Based strictly on his past experiences I doubt that he will do that. I expect him to keep on playing dirty. I hope he doesn't but we shall see.
The only way we will know for sure that he has finally learned his lesson is, unfortunately, when he takes the field again.
From now on all eyes of the NFL media will be watching him very, very closely and if he plays dirty ever again, ripping off a helmet, I doubt any more talking heads, such as Boomer Esiason, will be defending his style of play as just being "aggressive."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I made a post on his wall...but most are hiding behind the screen talking all big and bad to him..

Calling him a punk with money and such, they would NEVER do it to his face,..

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This all reminds me a little bit of the Duke mens Lacrosse issue..

Lady claimed she was ***** by them...People over the radio (specifically here in Milwaukee) blasting the team and saying they should be kicked out of school...Then it came out she was lying..

He had to make an apology

Not saying anyone here owes anyone an apology, just dont jump the fence till you know what is on the other side

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly call it an apology. And even if it is, it's a limited and a lame one at that.
He needs to apologize to the Packers, the Packers fans and more.
But it's too late.
No apology is going to erase any thoughts of him being a dirty player and it's going to be too hard to think he's being sincere especially after his excuses he gave in his post game press conference.
The only thing that would erase this would be one of three things.
1) Ban him for life from the NFL.
2) Suspend him for the rest of the season.
3) Time. If he can somehow bring himself down to the notch where he plays aggressively only and doesn't step back over the line into dirty play, then that would get this forgotten about sooner. Based strictly on his past experiences I doubt that he will do that. I expect him to keep on playing dirty. I hope he doesn't but we shall see.
The only way we will know for sure that he has finally learned his lesson is, unfortunately, when he takes the field again.
From now on all eyes of the NFL media will be watching him very, very closely and if he plays dirty ever again, ripping off a helmet, I doubt any more talking heads, such as Boomer Esiason, will be defending his style of play as just being "aggressive."

I think an apology to Dietrich-Smith is certainly in order. Oh wait, he was "holding me down"

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a difference here
Woodson is as guilty of temper issues as Suh
but you have a whole tread devoted to this, maybe i'm missing something

Seems kind of hypocritical, I'd expect this from Bears fan,

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a difference here
Woodson is as guilty of temper issues as Suh
but you have a whole tread devoted to this, maybe i'm missing something

Seems kind of hypocritical, I'd expect this from Bears fan,

Go back and search...Some did say he should have been pulled..So dont be so fast to lump EVERYONE in same boat....Not sure how we (ones that said Woody should been ejected) are being hypocritical

Tell me..did Woody DENY punching the guy? I dont think so..Suh is denying stepping on him by saying he lost his balance..

But here is the thing..This is a Packer forum...Do we really need to explain why we dont have a huge thread wondering why he wasnt ejected?

Lionsfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm saying Suh should've been ejected, and his statement after the fact was completely moronic
but you guys up and down this board saying he should be removed from the league, I'm not understanding what makes Woodson any different then Suh, and as a Michigan fan we are all far to familiar with Woodson, hes a Hell of a player but he as had is issues with late or blatant hits himself

I challenge you to go and re watch the video of the incident from Thursday, you said it yourself , there is more to this then what is shown, your own player was quoted as saying "two aggressive players playing football, I'll leave it at that"
was that not the quote ??
seems to me that its a 80/20 split on what went on and who is to blame...

Oh and please feel free to come to the Lions boards , you will see that most of us agree Suh's actions were out of line.

D

Dan115

you will see that most of us agree Suh's actions were out of line.
I am glad you agree with us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, I'm saying Suh should've been ejected, and his statement after the fact was completely moronic
but you guys up and down this board saying he should be removed from the league, I'm not understanding what makes Woodson any different then Suh, and as a Michigan fan we are all far to familiar with Woodson, hes a Hell of a player but he as had is issues with late or blatant hits himself

I challenge you to go and re watch the video of the incident from Thursday, you said it yourself , there is more to this then what is shown, your own player was quoted as saying "two aggressive players playing football, I'll leave it at that"
was that not the quote ??
seems to me that its a 80/20 split on what went on and who is to blame...

Oh and please feel free to come to the Lions boards , you will see that most of us agree Suh's actions were out of line.
Woodson held himself accountable for his actions. Sounds like suh should try doing that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The difference between Woodson and Suh?????? A whole body of egregious offenses on Suh's part, compiled in just 2 years no less. Wow, talk about rationalisation...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts