Official shout box Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always tough and physical no doubt, but the difference in talent is immense
That is never as true as it would seem in the NFL. EVERY a player that made it this far is immensely talented. the gap between the top of the roster and the bottom is not as great as one would think.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is never as true as it would seem in the NFL. EVERY a player that made it this far is immensely talented. the gap between the top of the roster and the bottom is not as great as one would think.
The difference in talent between these two teams is immense

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all....no it won't. Second, if Rodgers plays the whole game, there ain't a chance in hell the Packers lose. But third and most importantly, Rodgers isn't going to play the whole game.
you ain’t watching the same game we are. They’re getting owned by a 2-13 team. This team won’t win one playoff game.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Lions players would start for the Packers?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No team plays up or down to the (perceived) level of their competition like the Packers do. They never dominate teams with bad records like they should, meaningless game or not.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to giving Crosby his cigar and rolex moving onto a new kicker next season. Great career, but it's time. Hope you can go out with a SB win.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Lions players would start for the Packers?
Certainly not the point. You made statements about the difference being “immense”. I agree that the Packers are more talented…. but I don’t believe the difference is as great as you do.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to giving Crosby his cigar and rolex moving onto a new kicker next season. Great career, but it's time. Hope you can go out with a SB win.
I tend to agree, but if he makes clutch kicks in the playoffs, he stays.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing to consider for our D's, I guess we could say "lackluster" first half...

Are they playing with 100% intensity or just playing to stay fresh/mentally acute and in tune with NFL game speed?

If we don't play our starters, then there will be rust due to lack of live game reps and ability to stay mentally and physically sharp for ACTUAL game reps

If our D played with full intensity, it also increases likelihood of injury

The offense mostly looked good except for the turnover on downs, just a terrible route by Deguora (sp?), otherwise they looked pretty sharp for the most part.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that matters in this game was getting Bak and Myers work, sitting people to get some rest and going through the game day process. Reading anything more into this game other than that just means you want to be miserable. If the Packers were winning by 28, you'd just say 'Well, it's the Lions..' and gnash your teeth.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No team plays up or down to the (perceived) level of their competition like the Packers do. They never dominate teams with bad records like they should, meaningless game or not.
Then that's a good thing!! GB will only be playing good teams from here on out. I'm ok with winning every future game by 3!! ;)

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oren Burks is terrible! Not sure what happened to Savage..but..wow..he has been terrible at times as well

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that matters in this game was getting Bak and Myers work, sitting people to get some rest and going through the game day process. Reading anything more into this game other than that just means you want to be miserable. If the Packers were winning by 28, you'd just say 'Well, it's the Lions..' and gnash your teeth.

Not just that. You also need the actual live NFL game reps for the starters too. Play to play but don't play to get injured (obviously)

If we sat guys like DeVondre Campbell, Amos, etc. for the entire game and also the BYE week, then rust will most likely set in.

Status
Not open for further replies.