Official Prediction Thread * Go On Record HERE

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
wood chipper was one point off!!! I was 3 pts off!!!! I'd have to scroll back a few pages to see if you have everyone listed in that last update!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wood chipper was one point off!!! I was 3 pts off!!!! I'd have to scroll back a few pages to see if you have everyone listed in that last update!
Woodchipper, I will send you a card anyway...... just PM me your address to send it, and tell me what player you want. Any player.

I knew nobody would have it right on the money with that score thanks to the 2-pt conversion attempt missed.

HALLELUIAH!!!

And THANK YOU DAVID AKERS!!!
He's the same ***** who made the 2 huge FGs to tie us and beat us 7 years ago.

We overcame Rodgers fumbles, and James Jones patented dropped TD.

And I do not want to see #24 out there on defense anymore. EVER.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Congratulations to you all! I came within 2 points... predicted a 23-16 victory for the Packers. Good job and grats Woodchipper. Oh well, I guess I will have to nail the GB-ATL game next week. lol

~Val

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Are we supposed to be posting our Packers/ Bears predictions here??

I was scrolling back to see if I did already,.. and it was originally for the eagles thread?
OR...

Do we post each consecutive games predictions here?? *maybe I'll do a search! :think:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As I have stated a few times, Rodgers has many issues with the Bears D...And I was worried they wouldnt be able to score..

But I dont expect the offense to have issues with Pitts D.... even with Troy P we should be able to score some points....We are now on turf in a controlled stadium...Indoors Rodgers is 115 rating, 5 tds, 1 rushing and 1 int...

Even if Pitts blitzes a ton, Rodgers is the BEST q/b vs the blitzes

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-packers-philadelphia-eagles-countdown-010811

Rodgers completed 66 percent of his throws against a blitz, throwing for 11 touchdowns and only five interceptions. He was sacked eight times. His quarterback rating of 104.5 vs. the blitz led the NFL.

I can see the Pack scoring at least 3 tds....And about 24 points

Our D is no where near lasts years team vs Pitt..

We were able to stop the great Atlanta AND Falcon offense...on the road..

Our weakness during season was stopping the run...4.7 in the season...3.5 per carry in playoffs...

Atlanta and Philly were top 12 rushing offenses..(12th and 5th respectively) and we shut them down

The 3 teams we faced averaged 25 points per game in the season....Our D has only allowed them to get 17 points per game..And that includes 7 points on a k/o return and a later td by Atlanta

I dont expect our D to slack at all for the game and if true to form Pitts will be lucky to get 20 points....

So 24-20- Pack

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good matchup for the Packers. Their receivers are deeper and more talented than the Pittsburgh DBs. Look for Pittsburgh to try and win the passing game matchup by putting as much pressure on AR as possible. What will help the Packers, is Dom Capers being familiar with the Pittsburgh defense and Rodgers practicing against it most of training camp. Additionally, Rodgers always seems to have great games after a week off. Look for Rodgers to have a very successful day.

The Steelers will need to have their run game in top form. Loss of Pouncy could be a significant loss. Lots of short passes and QB scrambles to keep the aggresive Packer defense at bay. New York Jets may have exposed some run opportunities that the Packers can take advantage of. Did the Bears also expose weaknesses in the Packers - shutting down Rodgers in the 2nd half? I don't think it is relatable as t he Bears run a completely unrelated cover 2 scheme.

Result?

Packers 30
Steelers 27

This is a bit higher scoring than people are expecting. I think this will be the case because of the similar defenses. This should give the offenses more opportunities because of their familiarity.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to go deep into analyzing matchups yet because I've got a week and a half to do my research still. Simply put, my head says the Steelers are too clutch and too experienced to handle with a defense capable of suffocating our offense. However, my heart says that the Packers are riding a hot streak right now that nobody can stop, and that they're going to win this one for Woodson, Driver, and Clifton just like the Steelers won it for Bettis in '05.

Packers 27, Steelers 23.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers will win this one a bit bigger than what the line is. Steelers' biggest weapon is their experience. The Packers have more talent and a grittier bunch.

Packers 31, Steelers 23

Members online

Latest posts