Official Packers vs Cards

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a good, solid team and my I share the same concerns as many of you. However, Denver game aside, we were one touchdown away from beating the now 14-0 Panthers and beat the Vikings 30-13 when they were hitting their stride. This Packer team may not have any superstars that are going to put up 21 points by themselves, but collectively it doesn't matter how to points come as long as they come. The defense played well yesterday against the Raiders and put up points along with good field position when we needed it and the offense was finally moving the ball, just couldn't convert. Hopefully the offense will start strong against the Cardinals (or else it will be a long game.) But not matter whether its INTs, TDs, FGs or a safety the points will come as long as the team as a whole puts it together. Hoping for the best against the Cardinals, call it false hope or even cheesehead blinders to the real situation but there is always a chance. If we win this game, it will silence a lot of doubters.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing will silence the doubters. If we beat the Cardinals, we didn't beat the Broncos. If we beat the cardinals, and the Vikings we'll just lose in the playoffs. If we win round one, we'll have been lucky for some reason and MM, Ted, the offense, the defense, Capers, etc will continue to suck at their jobs. If we win the the NFCCG, , well we still have 4 losses, if we lose in the Super Bowl, "I TOLD YOU SO" or if we win, it will still be an issue, because we didn't win last year, and if we win this year and next year, we still didn't win every year Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre were our QB, and they'll just lay in wait till we lose again, which we will, and say "I TOLD YOU SO" Wining can silence them for a little while, but at the first sign of weakness, they're back with the same song and dance.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this? They win the SB this year, I won't complain, at least not about previously wasted opportunities. :)

Packerfan0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess there is a possibility we still get the 2 seed. If we win out, and Cardinals lose to Seahawks on Week 17 which is very possible - we would get a first round bye.

Is Seattle locked into their seeding if they win next week or will they have something to play for in week 17?

Packerfan0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is locked in I believe

But they can still move from the 5 seed to the 6th seed possibly correct? Maybe they will have some motivation to get the 5 as opposed to the 6 but doesn't seem like that big of a deal either way. I wouldn't be surprised if they rested starters in week 17 as #5 or #6 is no difference to them

Reaction score
I think Arizona is very beatable. The Vikings could've tied their game with Arizona with a 48 yard FG but were strip sacked 10 days ago.
Yesterday Arizona lost one of their best secondary players in Mathieu on a season ending ACL. Also Palmer looked to have dislocated his throwing index finger knuckle late yesterday so it'll be interesting to see if his throws have the same velocity this week. We have just the crew to pressure him and help him make errant throws.
Arizona 26 GB 24
I don't see this as a blowout though and I can see an upset with a Crosby FG

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they can still move from the 5 seed to the 6th seed possibly correct? Maybe they will have some motivation to get the 5 as opposed to the 6 but doesn't seem like that big of a deal either way. I wouldn't be surprised if they rested starters in week 17 as #5 or #6 is no difference to them

Playing at Washington would be much better than playing in Green Bay.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should play well in Arizona, Palmer loves to lose to the pack anyway. Badger is out for them so our passing game should have a step up on them. I worry about our secondary the most in this one. 33-27

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thought is if it is possible the best outcome you can have is to demoralize them with a big win in their house. Make them question themselves. But the fact remains if you don't show up with your A game in the second meeting you can still lose.
Exactly. For all of the youngin's that weren't alive to see the 2009 season, we beat the Cardinals in Week 3 of the preseason. Then we went down in Week 17 and whooped them 33-7 in their house for a second time. However, many noted that Whisenhunt played a very vanilla scheme because the game didn't mean much to them at that point. We went back down to Phoenix for a third game and got beat in the wild card game.

We also lost to the Vikings in 2004 after sweeping the regular season series. In 2012 we split the season series with the Vikings and came away with a wild card victory.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. For all of the youngin's that weren't alive to see the 2009 season, we beat the Cardinals in Week 3 of the preseason. Then we went down in Week 17 and whooped them 33-7 in their house for a second time. However, many noted that Whisenhunt played a very vanilla scheme because the game didn't mean much to them at that point. We went back down to Phoenix for a third game and got beat in the wild card game.

We also lost to the Vikings in 2004 after sweeping the regular season series. In 2012 we split the season series with the Vikings and came away with a wild card victory.

Remember, just like the Fail Mary game, they didn't really lose to the Cardinals because that blatant face-mask penalty wasn't called. :)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing will silence the doubters. If we beat the Cardinals, we didn't beat the Broncos. If we beat the cardinals, and the Vikings we'll just lose in the playoffs. If we win round one, we'll have been lucky for some reason and MM, Ted, the offense, the defense, Capers, etc will continue to suck at their jobs. If we win the the NFCCG, , well we still have 4 losses, if we lose in the Super Bowl, "I TOLD YOU SO" or if we win, it will still be an issue, because we didn't win last year, and if we win this year and next year, we still didn't win every year Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre were our QB, and they'll just lay in wait till we lose again, which we will, and say "I TOLD YOU SO" Wining can silence them for a little while, but at the first sign of weakness, they're back with the same song and dance.

This is so spot on its scarey. You did leave out that if we do win the SB people will say "how lucky we got" though

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually loving all the doubters. Because that's what fuels this team. They have 10 wins this year. It may not be pretty, but they are finding ways to win and not relying solely on Aaron's arm as they have in the past, that makes this team more dangerous. Are the Cardinals the better team right now? Yes, but the Packers are not a dud team and have experience, they also were the coached by Capers and MM in the SB that was against Arians with the Steelers.

Even if they lose. They are not a team to take lightly in the playoffs. The constant threat of Rodgers having a hell of a game, Lacy or Starks running over people, defense getting picks, or even Janis breaking a return are always there.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so spot on its scarey. You did leave out that if we do win the SB people will say "how lucky we got" though

Actually, I refer to 2010 as a Perfect Storm or Cinderella season. Not so much luck as great timing - the proverbial getting hot at the right time, the season in which a number of backups had (their only) career years, that sort of thing. A well-deserved Lombardi. The problem for folks like me is that they weren't able to do anything (anything meaning another championship) prior to that, or since.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol this is trolly all on it's own...

And here you go Mondio, just for you Un4GivN special... If this team makes it to the NFC championship game I will post a sincere apology for my analysis that they wouldn't make that far. This way, you cannot call me hater.... And I would be admitting to the world I was wrong.

But if they lose before NFCC in the playoffs (which at this point may only mean winning 1 game and 2 at most) You have to post that sometimes its OK to have "realistic" expectation of team based off of what you see them do on Sundays.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm just riding the bandwagon as far as it takes me. The Cards are a helluva scary team to be sure but I can't see the Pack getting their clock cleaned...even in Arizona. This time of the year, McCarthy and his staff have a knack for dialing up some creative game plans.

Keep it close...get a few bounces...take the win...beat the Vikings and watch Seattle beat the Cards.

Hey...if Jupiter aligns with Mars, GREAT! If not...just play the flippin' game, ya know?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their offense likes to air it out, if our dbs play opportunistic then they should be able to come away with a pick or two, I've seen Palmer throw it up for his wrs to make plays on questionable passes more than a few times this year. Their run game doesn't scare me a ton because a lot of their run production comes off of broken plays or missed assignments, they don't run it consistantly imo...Offensively we need to utilize play action because their defense is pretty aggressive. Honestly I would run crosses and play action, with the run mixed in all game, take a deep shot here and there. If we win the turnover battle and time of possesion, it's a winnable game. If we don't control the ball with short passes, running, and play action, it could be a long day, Arizona puts up points in bunches. It's going to come down to McCarthy's offensive gameplan.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win this one I'll be impressed. If they lose but make a good game out of it I'll be impressed even. I'm not confident in either of those outcomes. I never thought I'd say that the passing attack is the Packers' weakness but incredibly enough, it seems to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts