Official Packers vs Cards

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Might as well call this a loss,

or can they finally get it right

I guess have to explain this was about the Cards game, even tho the thread is for the Cards

Last edited:

Packerfan0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question that I was thinking about. I'm not so sure we even should win next week (unless Arizona loses tonight to philly) if we don't get the 2 seed, we will have to go to Arizona in the second round. As good of a team as Arizona is, I don't think there is any way we can beat this time twice in Arizona over a 4-5 week period.

Maybe it's best we lose ?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question that I was thinking about. I'm not so sure we even should win next week (unless Arizona loses tonight to philly) if we don't get the 2 seed, we will have to go to Arizona in the second round. As good of a team as Arizona is, I don't think there is any way we can beat this time twice in Arizona over a 4-5 week period.

The path to the SB always lies with beating teams multiple times within a year. 2010 we had to play PHI, ATL, and CHI all at least once in the regular season. This year it might be MINN, SEA, CAR, or ARI.

The better you play vs. them increases your homefield shot at them in the playoffs not to mention as a coach you can't really ever tell your team just to lay down. A lot of good football ahead.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We could very well be playing the Vikings 2 games in a row, so lets hope beating the same team 3 times in a season isn't out of the question.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We need Shields back for this game----our def is so much better with him in...Just look at the proof..

I think he went out some point vs Rams, we know how much Rivers passed on them then..

These two games could be considered the worse def performances of the year

He didnt play vs Denver--just horrible performance all around..

He didnt play vs Carolina--wide open and long balls most of the day..

He didnt play vs Oakland..

Look at rest of the games, I dont think the opposing offenses had their way with our defensive secondary...I could be wrong, but I dont recall him being in, and they gave up tons of passing yards..1st Bear game he played horrible, but that was about only one I can think back about

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love my Pack but no way I'm picking them in this one. These guys just don't do enough on offense, the defense struggles against good qbs, and when we are TERRIBLE on third downs. This is a good team in the Cardinals...and we are a solid team. That will be the difference .

34-20 Cardinals

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could very well be playing the Vikings 2 games in a row, so lets hope beating the same team 3 times in a season isn't out of the question.

Seems that teams looking for the 3-peat have about a 65% chance of completing it according to the stats I've been able to come up with.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Going with the pack 3 pts, its going to be a fast game, I am predicting a big game with Cobb and Janis as the deciding factors..

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So you would prefer it if the Packers lose out and go on the road in round one?

I ask cause whoever takes this division is the 3 seed at worst.

Just win and hope Seattle beats Arizona to close out the year. In no way should anybody hope to go into the playoffs on a 2 game skid just on the hope you'd get a favorable matchup.

Also in terms of the 2nd round to its not exactly like the Panthers are the consolation prize that we should hope for. They are 14 n freakin O

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota went down there on four days after a home blow-out loss to Seattle and gave them a game. The Packers are better than the Queens, aren't they? And the Vikes were without at least 3 injured starters on defense in that game.

If Bridgewater can pass for 337 on Arizona Rodgers should have his shots.

The Cards are having a great year and they're the deserved #2 seed but they aren't ten feet tall and do put their pants on one trouser leg at a time.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/12...gs-2015-results-thursday-night-football-score

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why would beating them next week mean we automatically lose later?

Besides, we win and Arizona could be coming to Lambeau in the playoffs.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is going to be an extremely tough test and I think the Packers fail. Week 17 will see the 10 win Packers hosting the 10 win Vikings.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to beat Minnesota at home for the division title but Lose in Lambeau to the Vikings in the playoffs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Serious question that I was thinking about. I'm not so sure we even should win next week (unless Arizona loses tonight to philly) if we don't get the 2 seed, we will have to go to Arizona in the second round. As good of a team as Arizona is, I don't think there is any way we can beat this time twice in Arizona over a 4-5 week period. Maybe it's best we lose ?
This is a sign of how "well" the team is playing. ;) No, it's better to win: Think of the huge confidence boost beating them at their place would be.
The Cards are having a great year and they're the deserved #2 seed but they aren't ten feet tall and do put their pants on one trouser leg at a time.
They aren't ten feet tall but I happen to know the entire team jumps into their pants, two legs at a time. :eek:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I"ve only seen the Cards play once this year and that was last night. It's hard to judge against the Eagles because I don't think they're very good overall, can play lights out for a bit, but have zero sustainability. To me they can make a highlight reel, but will never be competitive till the end. That said, the Cards looked very good last night all the way around. It's how I'd expect a championship team to look this time of year.

They can run, they can pass, and they can hit you in the mouth. GB can't have an offense show up for a quarter or so of football and expect to be competitive in this game. I "think" our offense is capable of so much more, though we've barely seen glimpses this year. They aren't trending well to me, and look like the Eagles only different. They can make a few plays, but they can't sustain anything. Will they? it's an answer i'm looking forward to finding out.

If they don't show up and go 3 and out every damn possession, this could easily turn into a rout. Our Defense is really good when they can concentrate on stopping something. Make another team one dimensional. I think they could stop this run game, I don't think they can contain it for a game if our offense can't get a first down or score some points.

I think they can stop the pass while giving up yards in the run game and tighten up when it counts, assuming our offense is holding up their end of the deal. But if our offense can't stay on the field, this game could get ugly.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Packers are so inconsistent I have no idea what to expect. Could be a good victory like the Minnesota game, or we could get dominated like we did in Denver. Hoping for the former.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if they just concentrate on getting first downs, moving the chains, get the yards that are there and snap the ball again, we'll be ok. We can't keep looking 30 yards down field. It's one thing I alluded to after we lost Jordy and i probably worded poorly when I called it "boom or bust" but this is kind of what I was talking about. We keep looking for the big play to move those chains, and before that worked well, the past few months it hasn't. a 2nd or 3rd and 10 wasn't really a big deal because given 2 chances, we'd hit on a 15+ play more often than not. This year it doesn't work that way.

It doesn't mean there aren't plays there to be made. I think it was the great catch Jones made on the side line, but I think I saw Abby come open right off the line across the middle. I see that from him quite a bit when he's in, but it never seems like the ball is delivered quickly, but rather we look for more. and on the Cobb PI play, he came open right away and rodgers held it and looked back to the middle of the field. Did he not see him? Did he see him and instead look for something more? Thankfully there was a PI and a 1st down (pretty sure that was a 4th down play) But the play was there to be made and it seems like he's still looking for more.

Hit those plays that are there. 10 and 15 play drives open everything up later.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is built on flawed logic... Just because you win or lose one game has no barring on your ability to win or lose a second game.

My thought is if it is possible the best outcome you can have is to demoralize them with a big win in their house. Make them question themselves. But the fact remains if you don't show up with your A game in the second meeting you can still lose.

Members online

Latest posts