Official Packers vs Cards

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn is the best Packer reporter out there, and one of the best in sports. He's honest, dilligent , and in over 30 years has built trust with hundreds of players and front office people around the league to give us fans a wealth of insight.
The two weekly columns TJV points out are must reading for me. But I can see why he's a lightning rod for so many fans.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy the game guys. Don't assume the game is already lost because. Don't forget to enjoy the ride, the destination will be much more sweeter. The game is played on the field and we've all seen crazy things happen again and again. We are a spoiled fan base that has had a great opportunity to constantly go to the playoffs. Imagine if we had a team like the Jaguars

Just a gentle reminder from the folks that have enjoyed a lot of rides over the past couple of decades, only to reach destinations that were soul-crushing. Ties into the "spoiled" references, too - for those of us who feel that a season that starts with Super Bowl aspirations should end with Super Bowl participation, once this century and one more since '67 doesn't exactly scream "spoiled". I understand many are happy with a winning record or a playoff berth, just saying that some of us aren't.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a gentle reminder from the folks that have enjoyed a lot of rides over the past couple of decades, only to reach destinations that were soul-crushing. Ties into the "spoiled" references, too - for those of us who feel that a season that starts with Super Bowl aspirations should end with Super Bowl participation, once this century and one more since '67 doesn't exactly scream "spoiled". I understand many are happy with a winning record or a playoff berth, just saying that some of us aren't.

This. Happy with being a playoff team, sure. Satisfied with just being a playoff team, no.

Sky King

Reaction score
Try listening to the McGinn and Cohen weekly podcasts as an adjunct to reading his articles. Personally, the podcasts have caused me to appreciate and understand his personality much better than ever before because, among other revelations, they have exposed his glib sense of humor. Reading his articles alone would probably never reveal that side of him.

He seems to be a very thoughtful, genuinely likable person. Occasionally, he also explains in more detail something that he had written. It's those moments where the spoken word enhances the written word that makes listening to the podcasts worthwhile. It adds another dimension to the writings and to the writer himself.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. But we have a guy named Eddie Lacy who can do the same.

Lol . Adrain Peterson is the best rb in all of football...and has been for some time now. Eddie Lacy isn't even the best rb in Green Bay as of now. Lacy needs a passing attack from Rodgers to open up things for him or he struggles. AP sees a 9 man front just about every week. The only thing these two have in common is they play in the same division.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I am not writing this team off yet but if they keep showing the same old predictable offense that they have had for most of the year it will be very hard to beat the good team in the playoffs. Maybe if the line would just block a little better and the darn receivers would start catching the balls they could be productive with long sustained drives. I keep waiting for things to get better but every week its just the same old frustrations.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol . Adrain Peterson is the best rb in all of football...and has been for some time now. Eddie Lacy isn't even the best rb in Green Bay as of now. Lacy needs a passing attack from Rodgers to open up things for him or he struggles. AP sees a 9 man front just about every week. The only thing these two have in common is they play in the same division.
You mean the same guy who has had back to back 1000yds seasons? People will Bi tch about anything. Before Eddie we all wanted a RB now we have one and we now want receivers, no team is perfect. Enjoy and cheer for the team we have. Because one day we will not be as good and we will look back and say how good we had it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful about bolstering an argument with references to the past. The thing that makes Lacy's year (games of 85, 9, 46, 90,27,3, 38,10, 100, 1045, 4, 124, 23) so frustrating is largely that he did have such a great beginning, and most of us thought that we could finally move on to address other problems. Same thing with the 'now we want receivers' - certainly before Jordy's injury, most thought we'd be fielding an awesome passing game, and even after it had high hopes for what has turned out to be a really frustrating bunch. No team is perfect - check. However, doesn't every fan wants their team to get better? Enjoy and cheer for the team we have - check for the cheer, often hard to enjoy. Certainly, some day the Pack will be also-rans again, but there are a lot of threads that address the concept of whether the last 20 years have been 'how good we had it/we're a spoiled fanbase' or have been most wasted opportunities.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched highlights of the Card-Pack 2009 playoff game. No wonder ARod is pissed with the 2016 offense. He put up big numbers in that game. But when you watch the big plays you see what is different today. Finley, Jennings, Driver make spectacular catches and then put up yards after the catch. Even Spencer Havner made a great move on Cromartie. I don't think I've seen any catch this year that matches what I observed in that game. Maybe the Hail Mary. But that is just one.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I understand. But keep in mind that we still have more championships than any team. So winning it all is not as easy as people think. We seem to always have a chance. You get into the tournament and you have a chance. What I'm trying to say is we could constantly have a losing record like some franchises do and they would die to have a franchise like the Packers and their success

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too much speed and weapons . Our offence is what it is at this point. Love to see a win and keep alive a shot at the #2 seed, but don't see it.
Cards, 34-20

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This game would be a huge challenge even with all hands on deck. Without Shields and Bakhtiari it's an even greater challenge. I really like Randall but without Shields instead of being #2 outside, he has to step into the #1 role against a dynamic offense currently second in points (7pts/game better than the Packers O), third in passing yards and second in passer rating. And of course the other CBs each have to step into a larger role. Bakhtiari certainly isn't a stud LT but he's clearly better than Barclay who IMO is best suited for OG. He will need help on anything other than quick hitting passing plays. Without Lacy - or a healthy Lacy - the ground game they'll need for balance and to keep the ball away from the Cards offense will be more difficult to get going.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game would be a huge challenge even with all hands on deck. Without Shields and Bakhtiari it's an even greater challenge. I really like Randall but without Shields instead of being #2 outside, he has to step into the #1 role against a dynamic offense currently second in points (7pts/game better than the Packers O), third in passing yards and second in passer rating. And of course the other CBs each have to step into a larger role. Bakhtiari certainly isn't a stud LT but he's clearly better than Barclay who IMO is best suited for OG. He will need help on anything other than quick hitting passing plays. Without Lacy - or a healthy Lacy - the ground game they'll need for balance and to keep the ball away from the Cards offense will be more difficult to get going.

Your points (all of them) are valid. However, you are missing two of the biggest factors (IMO, at least): The return of Quarless and Tyrann Mathieu being out this game. If Rodgers can connect with Quarless in the middle, AZ is going to switch up their defense leaving our wideouts with single coverage. As good as AZ's defense is, they can't cover JJ, Adams, and Cobb the entire game (1-on-1). Rodgers is going to have to be on his A-game and find that single-coverage.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
The one good thing about Arizona is there are a lot of Wisconsin/Packer Fan snowbirds there. I read the Cardinals are practicing the silent count because of the number of Packer fans that showed up at previous games. Loud support for the Packers never hurt.

Members online

Latest posts