Official Packers Vs Bears Thread TNF 9-13-12

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now THAT was prophetic.

Other than that catch and Benson you can't say much for the offense. I'm so surprised about how well the defense played. The offense will play better as they have, but we were all looking for the kind of defensive effort we got. :tup:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What happened tonight? Did the Packers get as many sacks in one game as they did all last season?:D J/K but it sure seemed that way at times lol.

Long week off now. Shore up the pass protection a bit, but softer D's will be coming up now on the schedule.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Packers!!! Some key issues I saw. First DEFENSE is alive and well!!! It was awesome to see them and Clay Matthews back to 2010 form! Second, the run game. Benson really impressed me tonight but we must keep in mind the Bears are not SF. You can't do that against teams like SF with a good run D. The reason our running game looked so good was because of a lack of run D on the Bears and a great job of blocking for the run for the Pack. But we know one thing, we can run the ball and we have ourselves a good running back in Benson. Third, offense and o -line issues. I'm not going to get too much into this, I think it was just one of those games. Dropped passes, weak o-line/ QB protection, receivers not being able to take the ball deep. The Bears D isn't all that great we should of done better offensively but a win is a win as they say.

The trick play/ fake FG was the highlight of the game! Oh Mathstay how I love you!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Other than that catch and Benson you can't say much for the offense. I'm so surprised about how well the defense played. The offense will play better as they have, but we were all looking for the kind of defensive effort we got. :tup:

Have you noticed Rodgers hasn't been throwing the signature back shoulder passes much this year. I wonder why. I also wonder why it seems like he is still a little out of sync with his receivers.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you noticed Rodgers hasn't been throwing the signature back shoulder passes much this year. I wonder why. I also wonder why it seems like he is still a little out of sync with his receivers.

I'm just not sure what is going on on offense?? But yes you are right. His throws seem to be a bit off and receivers are ******** up. I think things will iron out.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking that to like our offensive machine needed some lubrication it didn't help that Finley Nelson and Jones didn't haul in some big catches. I hope with the extra time off they can get back on the same page and get Jennings back healthy

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just not sure what is going on on offense?? But yes you are right. His throws seem to be a bit off and receivers are ******** up. I think things will iron out.

They have played two of the best defenses in the league..

If you look at his numbers Rodgers had his typical night while playing the Bears.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I agree with the others about Benson. It was nice to see him get in a groove. He had to make his own holes at times, but I was surprised at his resilience and quickness. I didn't remember him being like that with his other teams. I guess I didn't watch them enough.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total domination, really. Have I ever told you how much I am a fan of Tom Crabtree? But seriously, I'm just so happy to see the 2010 defense back again. I'm okay with the Packers not putting up 35 per game if the defense is continually getting off the field.

I expected Donald Driver to come in for a goal-line play, but the Packers never got down that far. I didn't notice him on the field until he scored the TD. But it was a good night to be wearing the Driver jersey!

(By the way, I was in a sports bar in Pittsburgh where there were lots of people cheering on the Packers. Nice to see the support even in Steelers Country.)

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's going on with the offense 13 or is it just the defenses they've faced so far? Good to see that Capers had the D running smoother tonight although IMO Cutler was kind of careless with the ball.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
OL still needs to pick up the bar. Look ma, no hands. Now that we've covered the negatives:
1. Loved the call to put Hayward on Jeffrey, he shut him down in college.
2. I can't say :poop: about Hawk so far this season. The weight loss seems to have worked.
3. Surprised to see Walden get the nod.
4. Nice to see CedBen start to get on page.
5. Much better showing today. Didn't see the second half and I need a while to notice problems in the defense, so I can't really say how McMill, Smith, etc did or how comm was

IKR? Its odd, maybe the Jennings thing or the pressure is getting to him. Or it could just be too many commercials not enough tosses

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's going on with the offense 13 or is it just the defenses they've faced so far? Good to see that Capers had the D running smoother tonight although IMO Cutler was kind of careless with the ball.

You have to chalk it up partly to the defenses they played against. SF is the #1 defense in the NFL and Chi's is nothing to laugh at either. They can still bring the pressure and make the plays.

The offense just doesn't look comfortable somehow. Rodgers is not as sharp as he was last year. Is it because of pressure? Because he's having trouble with his receivers? A slump? I never get a sense that this offense is able to get into a rhythm. Too many drops on key downs, it always seems like things are on the edge. And twice tonight on 3rd and 1 the Bears stuffed us.

The OL is not that good right now. I was hoping that the development of Marshall Newhouse would solidify the line, but they're having trouble on both fronts--pass protection and run blocking. Cedric Benson was great tonight and he had to earn it all himself at least 2 or 3 times. I didn't see our OL blow the Bears off the LOS very much at all.

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to chalk it up partly to the defenses they played against. SF is the #1 defense in the NFL and Chi's is nothing to laugh at either. They can still bring the pressure and make the plays.

The offense just doesn't look comfortable somehow. Rodgers is not as sharp as he was last year. Is it because of pressure? Because he's having trouble with his receivers? A slump? I never get a sense that this offense is able to get into a rhythm. Too many drops on key downs, it always seems like things are on the edge. And twice tonight on 3rd and 1 the Bears stuffed us.

The OL is not that good right now. I was hoping that the development of Marshall Newhouse would solidify the line, but they're having trouble on both fronts--pass protection and run blocking. Cedric Benson was great tonight and he had to earn it all himself at least 2 or 3 times. I didn't see our OL blow the Bears off the LOS very much at all.
I agree that they've looked just a bit out of sync, not only this year but since the end of last year as well. I saw a couple of drops too, one that Finley dropped couldn't have been placed better had Rodgers walked the ball up to him.

OL needs to buckle down and help AR to give your team a chance. Did you see Cutler call out his OT on the Hawk sack?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now that I can't put my finger on. I give the 49ers credit for the first poor offensive showing. I don't think the Bears have the same level of defense. They are just out of sync right now.

WI Yokel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears O looked horrible. The O line is going to kill another season and Cutler.

Congrats on the win.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So when was the last fake field goal by the Pack and did it work? (not trivia, I really don't remember)
I think it was Flynn to Quarless a few years back out of a traditional offensive set with the field goal unit. It failed when the receiver tripped over the 10 yard line and failed to catch the ball.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it was Flynn to Quarless a few years back out of a traditional offensive set with the field goal unit. It failed when the receiver tripped over the 10 yard line and failed to catch the ball.

Vs the Vikings, if not mistaken

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah It was MNF Vs the Vikings (Favre's last visit)!
I was there!
It would have been a td too but our TE got snatched by the turf monster!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts