Official Packers Vs Bears Thread TNF 9-13-12

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a rough start here come the old rivals.

What do the Pack have to do to beat the Bears and avoid going 0-2?

Can this GB Defense stop Cutler/Marshall/Forte/Bush?

Should be a great game to watch!

Let the predictions begin.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
All I can say is good luck. The Bears looked solid against the Colts. We need to get it together on defense and pass protection.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Our D line will get "some" pressure, but our secondary will struggle. Bears running game has a huge day, opens up play action = we get burned on big plays. I hate to say this, but I was right on for the SF game......packers go 0 - 2.

Bears 31 - packers 17 we can't stop the run and forte and bush will hit us hard enough to make the play action pass very effective. Marshall has a good game since we can't cover him.

Maybe move woodson back for this one game?? Thoughts?

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the outcome of this game, and all of games this season will be mostly determined by the performance of our defense. It still looks awfully leaky.

Reaction score
The Colts scored 21 points on their 'great' defense and that was with a rookie quarterback. The Bears beat a weaker, rebuilding team at home. No way they do that against us.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think this game is pretty huge. Say all you want about getting hot at the end of the season and just making it into the post-season. But if the pack lose this one its gonna be tough to recover from. 2 home losses to 2 conference opponents, one being a division rival who is a definite contender isn't good no matter what time of year it occurs. I honestly think if the pack lose it may not be our year, but I certainly wouldn't give up hope.

I do think the pack will come out firing though on both sides of the ball, and I do think its gonna be a close game. I see it being an offensive battle once the teams get settled, cause honestly neither team has a great secondary. hopefully the packs o-line can handle the bears d-line, cause to me thats their only strength on D. Im not gonna give a score, but I do think the pack will come out on top- maybe by the skin of their teeth though.

biggridironbear

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Bears great D only gave up 14 points. The other was off a Cutler pick six on their second possession. Then 7 of the Colts Offensive points came in the fourth quarter, when they were playing catch up.

The Colts scored 21 points on their 'great' defense and that was with a rookie quarterback. The Bears beat a weaker, rebuilding team at home. No way they do that against us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We definitely need to do two things to win this game: Play good defense and RUN THE BALL!

Cedric Benson will only be affective if you give him the chance to be affective. Give him 15-20 touches and see what he can do. Also, a better run game makes play-action all that more effective.

I do believe our D will have it's work cut out for them with Forte alone. That being said, I think that the Bears passing game will not be nearly as good as the 49ers'. Brandon Marshall is no joke, but they do not have people like Moss, Davis, Crabtree and Manningham on their team. That is all dependent upon the secondary not blowing their coverages. Morgan Burnett, Jarrett Bush, and Tramon Williams all need to be on their A-game. Stick Woodson on Marshall if need be, in a double coverage situation.

Lastly, I firmly believe that our receiving corps is far and away more skilled than the Bears secondary. We should be able to pass, and pass well. I think of the game last Christmas. Man, that was one HELL of an aerial attack. Aaron Rodgers just needs to make sure no one is slipping him Brett Favre pills during the game. No more overthrows and blatantly bad interceptions. I am not saying that he should turn into Vick / Newton but if their is no one open, he has the skill and speed to run and get some good yards. I don't want him to get hurt, obviously but if he needs to turn up field and snag 4 yards and get out of bounds then do it.

These are just my thoughts. Here is to another win over the Chicago Bears.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. The Packers should win this game easily. I will tell you why: Cutler while good still forces the ball, the D should have at least 2 picks.
  2. The Bears just played one of the worst teams in the NFL last year
  3. The Bears are not a physical team, they are a finesse team!
  4. Packer receivers will have a good game against the highly suspect Chicago secondary
  5. The Packers lost to probably the best team in the NFL right now
  6. The Bears D-line really is not that good-Urlacher is playing on 1 leg-and Tillman probably won't play
  7. No chance for Chicago in Green Bay-The Pack will win this important division game!
  8. BTW the Bears D only gave up 14 pts! It was far to easy but they were playing a lesser team

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ don't forget that peppers will cause us issues on the left side. Israel Idonije is also a beast who will add pressure.
Lance Briggs is always a factor.

Agree about their secondary, but ours is just as damn bad.
I failed to mention that Benson will be able to gash the Bears for some nice gains. Mark my words, the Bears don't stand a chance. I think Cutler is going to throw up some easy pics...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game-like most all games-will be won on the line of scrimmage. If our 0-line plays like they did Sunday, we're in for another tough outing. I think our defense will be better, since the Bears o-line is nothing compared to the 9ers'. Packers 30 Bears 13. I'm still a believer.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a thread about the Bears? We can't start of 0-2 and we won't!

I actually think the Bears have a way better offense then San Fran. Yea there o-line stinks but so does our d-line so it evens out. We just have to keep Forte in check and make Cutler beat us...he's int prone so maybe we get some ints for good field position. If we loose this game im canceling my nfl sunday ticket.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think the Bears have a way better offense then San Fran. Yea there o-line stinks but so does our d-line so it evens out. We just have to keep Forte in check and make Cutler beat us...he's int prone so maybe we get some ints for good field position. If we loose this game im canceling my nfl sunday ticket.
Cutler is interception prone, rattle him and the interceptions will come in bunches. Their offensive line is the worst in the NFL and their secondary is weak. Vegas already has the line at 5.5 pts for the pack. No way the Packers lose this one. Also, the Bears offense is not better than San Francisco's unless you completely ignore their O line. Their receiving corp is vastly improved though, but Cutler still needs time to pass. He is an interception waiting to happen.
Benson will have a good game against the D as well. Urlacher is done you can stick a fork in him. Don't worry guys, this will be easy, and it will stop all of this nonsense talk about the Bears competing for the division crown.

Alpha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is going to be a tough game for both teams, they always play each other tight no matter how much either team would have sucked, it is always a close game and this one will be too.

Alpha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears made a series of roster moves on Monday as they released punter Ryan Quigley; signed offensive tackle Jonathan Scott; signed tight end Dedrick Epps to the practice squad; and terminated the practice squad contract of offensive tackle Cory Brandon.

The club also reinstated defensive tackle Nate Collins to the active roster after he spent Week 1 on the reserve/suspended list.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bea...t-scott?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is going to be a tough game for both teams, they always play each other tight no matter how much either team would have sucked, it is always a close game and this one will be too.
Not a tight game this time, possibly the 2nd one in Chicago when the Packers rest their starters for the Playoffs.

Alpha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game can go either way, the Bears can be riding on there momentum, and Packers just needs to get the stink of the lost off there cheese, it's a trap game LOL.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game can go either way, the Bears can be riding on there momentum, and Packers just needs to get the stink of the lost off there cheese, it's a trap game LOL.
Not this time, http://sports.yahoo.com/news/leaguewide-decline-ot-position-taking-173618052--nfl.html
notice how the article mentions the Bears O line situation. Believe me the Pack will destroy Webb and Carimi. Blowout and at least 2 Cutler interceptions. BTW the way your boy Urlacher is done, you can stick a fork in him
I am not saying the Bears are a bad team, I am just saying the are not an elite team or upper echelon team, Green Bay is!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really you would cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket? You apparently weren't a Packer fan back in the 1970's and 1980's. Best thing then was I hardly ever saw them play I guess. I've been in heaven ever since I could first watch them at Sports Bars and then when I got my own Sunday Ticket. A little adversity will never make me stop watching them. Yeah I **** and moan when they lose but I'll never ever give up my ring side seat. I'll go hungry first.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Get pressure on Cutler since I still feel that o line of theirs is pretty iffy. When Dwight Freeney left early in the game Cutler seemed to take off.

He has a Brandon Marshall fetish right now. There were a few chances for the Colts to get picks and they didn't. Packers will get those picks.

The Colts o line is being rebuilt as well and a starter was out. Pressure was in Luck's face the entire game. But, still Reggie Wayne flat out owned in this game and there were chances for Luck to do things.

Besides, the Bears hosted a rebuilding team still trying to tie it's shoe laces in various areas of the team.

Thursday night games tend to favor the home team it seems. Week 1 was a great welcome to the NFL experience for Luck vs. a tough veteran D but they won't be bothering Rodgers obviously the same way.

The Pack should rebound in this game vs. a familiar opponent. Might be a close game but still I will go with the home team.

Members online

Latest posts