Official Packers Vs Bears Thread TNF 9-13-12

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our chances in this game.Walden will be back will he be a factor,I think our d-line will have more sacks in this game it will be a good fight Lovie still wants to beat us bad but the out come is a win for the pack 45-25

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of good posts. Remember that Bears-Packers game do not follow script. You can throw the records, stats, and trends out the window. That is the history of this ancient rival. ( Very unlike what we saw yesterday ).
Don't forget Hester on punt and kick returns. We cannot let our guard down. By the same token they we have someone who can return also. Woodson has to direct those young fellows in the secondary.
Getting lost a few times is OK but hopefully not the whole night. Cutler can make plays that A;ex Smith won't. At the same time he can make big mistakes that Smith's coach won't let him.
Let's put up points and hope the zebras don't figure in the outcome as much.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get pressure on Cutler since I still feel that o line of theirs is pretty iffy. When Dwight Freeney left early in the game Cutler seemed to take off.

He has a Brandon Marshall fetish right now. There were a few chances for the Colts to get picks and they didn't. Packers will get those picks.

The Colts o line is being rebuilt as well and a starter was out. Pressure was in Luck's face the entire game. But, still Reggie Wayne flat out owned in this game and there were chances for Luck to do things.

Besides, the Bears hosted a rebuilding team still trying to tie it's shoe laces in various areas of the team.

Thursday night games tend to favor the home team it seems. Week 1 was a great welcome to the NFL experience for Luck vs. a tough veteran D but they won't be bothering Rodgers obviously the same way.

The Pack should rebound in this game vs. a familiar opponent. Might be a close game but still I will go with the home team.
You got it right, the Packers are going to get a least 2 picks. The O-line is probably the worst in the NFL and Webb is the worst LT in the league statistically. It will not be a close game Packers by at least 10 pts. Urlacher is done his replacement can be exploited. Yes they played a rookie QB and he was able to move the ball on them quite easily, he threw to many pics. As I said before GB is an upper echelon team the Bears are just mid tier good, but not likely to make the playoffs. Easy win for the Pack believe me!

Alpha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please I kind of feel sorry for you guys losing the first game of the season, but not the next lost you guys will get on Thursday.

WI Yokel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That being said, I think that the Bears passing game will not be nearly as good as the 49ers'. Brandon Marshall is no joke, but they do not have people like Moss, Davis, Crabtree and Manningham on their team.

I love going up to your northwoods to my family's cabin and drinking and shooting and boating. The pack are a good team. I know it doesn't make sense but I hate the lions far more...

But dude your hallucinating if you think 6 isn't going to throw all over your D. Jeffrey will score again as well as Marshall and Bush will get a short yard TD and Forte if he runs from beyond 6 yards out lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Packers 27 - Bears 24

Now for a little consideration; this is a big rivalry, one of the biggest in the league, but for your own sakes, remember it is only entertainment.

I used to be involved in high stress situations where people's lives depended on what we did. We were told that if we wanted to be effective, we had to remain emotionally "detached" from circumstances around us. Surprisingly the same may hold true for watching sports;

http://www.phoenix.edu/forward/pers...ng-events-is-more-than-a-spectator-sport.html

So enjoy the game, but don't let it kill you, literally.

KManx89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts:

1. PLAY SOME DAMN MAN COVERAGE! I was foaming in the mouth shouting at my TV all game at how many times we kept our DBs spaced 10 inches from SF's receivers, leaving them wide open. Do what worked for us in 2010, that is playing some man coverage. Tramon Williams is healthy again, plus we might be getting House back for this week (and even if we don't, we still have Sam Shields, who can at least play better man-to-man than Bush, which brings me to my next point) so who's to say we don't have the personnel to do it?

2. GET DUBYA OUTTA THERE! Swap Bush for Hayward, Shields or even House if we get him back for this week (though if putting him in this game is gonna hamper his play down the road, I don't want him in because, as the last couple of years have taught us, it's the games at the end of the year that ultimately make or break a team, not the ones to start the season).

3. Run D (obviously).

4. Get pressure on Cutler. We had 4 sacks on Smith, who's to say we can't get to Cutler's piecework O-line?

5. Run the ball better. Play action. Start through the air, and then go to the ground game. As we saw in the DAL-NYG opening day game, you need the pass to set up the run game. Notice how, ever since Tony Romo decided to start slinging the ball through the air, the Cowboys finally had some success running the ball? We need to follow the same philosophy here.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what I was just thinking about recently: How much I HATE Jay Cutler. Seriously, as a life-long Packers fan I have always wanted to beat the Bears...but never more than the last few years that they have had Jay Cutler on their team. For some reason something about that guy just fuels my Bear-angst more than ever.

On a side note, I hope that Greg Jennings is healthy.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know its mostly 'homers' in here since it IS a the PACKERforum and all.... but I can't see how everyone is SO confident.
Our Defense has gotten slapped up. ALL of last year and now starting off 0-1.
Forte and Bush will be able to run, which will open up the pass for Fairy Queen Cutler.
They have good WR's and we have J. Bush starting #2 CB.
Our best ILB (Bishop) is out.
AND Jennings might miss the game. Even if he does play he prob. will not be at 100%.
I'm seriously worried about GBs Defense (Really worried about J. Bush starting cb).

I think its gonna be a very high scoring game. No screw ups on offense or ST and the boys have a good shot at winning. Its gonna be a great game and I hope MM can give Benson some more touches. I hope he'll be running with a chip on his shoulder vs his old team.

I can't imagine going 0-2 and having to listen to the Bears fans.

36-34 Pack
matthews sacks cutler in the end zone for a saefty in OT..... lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Oh brother...just read that Coach M says he is going to continue "rotating" the players in the secondary because no one has come out as the clear starter. He said it is still a competition. TT needs to sit down with the Coach and say; "Listen, if you don't have someone good enough to fill the need, let me bring in someone." But, maybe there is no one out there better than (let's play 20 yards off the receiver) Bush....ugh.

Which means, Cutler just might throw all night unless the Packers can generate an incredible pass rush.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, the niners completed alot of passes in front of our zone. We need to move Raji back to D-end because the line is not good enough to generate pressure at this time. They stink to.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Raji @ D-end?? Hell no!!! Raji does not have the skill set to play D-end, he belongs in the middle, on gap control and playing heads up on the center.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I like our chances in this game.Walden will be back will he be a factor
Yup, the bench will be nice and toasty.
You know what I was just thinking about recently: How much I HATE Jay Cutler. Seriously, as a life-long Packers fan I have always wanted to beat the Bears...but never more than the last few years that they have had Jay Cutler on their team. For some reason something about that guy just fuels my Bear-angst more than ever.
You sir, miss Rex Grossman.
Oh brother...just read that Coach M says he is going to continue "rotating" the players in the secondary because no one has come out as the clear starter. He said it is still a competition. TT needs to sit down with the Coach and say; "Listen, if you don't have someone good enough to fill the need, let me bring in someone." But, maybe there is no one out there better than (let's play 20 yards off the receiver) Bush....ugh.

Which means, Cutler just might throw all night unless the Packers can generate an incredible pass rush.
They need to COMMIT. To someone other than JBush. I say peg Shields and McMillian and let the cards fall as they may.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't know, with the short week I'm not sure the Pack can get up to snuff enough to make this the snuff film we all want to see. It could very well turn out the exact opposite. I'll say it'll be close, with 4 to ten points in Favor of the Bears. Only reason it will get as high as ten is Jeffrey on Bush. We should be able to match them offensively though, should the line hold up halfway decent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts