OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Reaction score
Even though the Pack didn't get a good pass rush on Eli in the regular season game, Clay Matthews tormented him. First the INT return for a TD and then the sack/forced fumble. If Brad Jones can at least help Clay a little, we should get some good pressure. Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw looked great against Atlanta so our run defense has to be ready. I honestly believe our D will turn it around. Being called out in the press for porous play (all season) will hopefully wake them up in this postseason.

12theTruth

Yep 15-1, they were HORRIBLE!

Our offense has had to carry this team with some decent special teams contributions. Outside of leading the league in interceptions our defense has been bad. Earlier in the season we were stopping the run, lately teams have been getting 5+ yards a carry on early downs far too often. Here's hoping they make a much needed boost in overall performance against the Giants.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep 15-1, they were HORRIBLE!

Compared to last year our defense is bad, idc how dynamite our offense is. If were going to make it the superbowl were going to have to play better on defense. Were probably going to be facing elite quarterbacks the rest of the way. They wont make the mistakes these other quarterbacks are making. I really think our defense will step it up though, were healthy and were ready! I hope so anyways.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm so scared. You guys would murder us when you lost back to back to the two best offenses in the league (New Orleans and Green Bay)

Hope you like your 8-7 record under your ******* coach. When you talk about this defense not being able to stop your offense, don't kid yourself when your defense blew it in the final 2 minutes to actually go into OT and possibly beat us, oh and how bad was that Saints game again? 577 total yards was it? The Giants are awesome!

I don't mind some trash talk here and there, but only when you're educated. You DO realize that in neither of those games was our d-line 100%. Since we've had the full front four back, we've held teams to under 300 yards.

I'm not saying this guarantees a win, but I am saying that you shouldn't be so cocky either. This Giants team you're about to encounter is not going to lay down easy.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind some trash talk here and there, but only when you're educated. You DO realize that in neither of those games was our d-line 100%. Since we've had the full front four back, we've held teams to under 300 yards.

I'm not saying this guarantees a win, but I am saying that you shouldn't be so cocky either. This Giants team you're about to encounter is not going to lay down easy.

I don't expect them to lay down easy.... There's a lot at stake for both teams.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

and you do realize our O-L is finally back to full health since week 3? that means our pro bowl LT is back..Why do some Giant fans come here and boost about the line, but dont even know we will have 2 or 3 different OL this time?

But that has only been mentioned in this forum 100000000000 times

Continue..................................

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers does do a tremendous job on deception, which leads to alot of turnovers for us.
And our DB's gamble all the time, which leads to A) a lot of turnovers for us, and B) a lot of big plays allowed for us.

When the pass rush was better, like last year, the QB rarely had the time to make it be B). But with no pass rushers outside of Clay, who's being focused on by opposing teams, it's meant so much of B) that we allowed an NFL all-time record of passing yards this season. Yet our QB was so great, we still went 15-1.

But that 1 in the playoffs is all it takes to kill our dreams.
So we need more pass rush as we could be facing 3 Pro Bowl QBs and Super Bowl MVP's in our next 3 games... there are no Kyle Orton's or Josh Freeman's in our remaining path.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Holy crap, bigblue.

You log on, click on this thread and decide to quote a post from December 27th? That was post #2 for crying out loud! Do you realize that this thread is now well over 1000 posts?

Or is your next post going to be wondering if Rodgers is rusty? Or why don't you ask if Jennings is really ready to go? You know- he might still have a bum leg. Please tell us your thoughts. Did you know that the Packers were 15-1 last season? DRINK! JPP sure is playing well- why don't you tell us so. And since you've had your front four back, are the Giants an entirely different team? Please comment as us Packer fans don't know yet. Why don't you tell us how the Giants have momentum now and are playing so much better than before. Us uneducated Packer fans don't know these facts yet and your sudden involvement in this thread is timely. Please share your wisdom with us, oh, bigblue.

I suggest you read the damned thread before you call us cocky and uneducated.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's true.
Vegas still likes us to win pretty easily, but they do factor in that a lot of fans don't pay attention to those types of things mentioned.

The Giants DL is now healthier than they have been all year, and it's a great front line no question. They have the chance to make a difference in the outcome of the game.

There are cocky fans on both sides here, as always.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the Pack didn't get a good pass rush on Eli in the regular season game, Clay Matthews tormented him. First the INT return for a TD and then the sack/forced fumble. If Brad Jones can at least help Clay a little, we should get some good pressure. Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw looked great against Atlanta so our run defense has to be ready. I honestly believe our D will turn it around. Being called out in the press for porous play (all season) will hopefully wake them up in this postseason.

Packers actually got pretty decent pressure on Eli that game. I hadn't remembered that, but I watched the NFL Replay the other day. Eli was on the move. A lot. And he played a fantastic game that day.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I will get much of a chance to come here today with work and all, but it's a great board you got here and very classy fans. Out of town for the weekend and won't get a chance to look in, so good luck Packers and Giants. Here's hoping to a great game that will be talked about for years to come, either way.

See you next week

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if I will get much of a chance to come here today with work and all, but it's a great board you got here and very classy fans. Out of town for the weekend and won't get a chance to look in, so good luck Packers and Giants. Here's hoping to a great game that will be talked about for years to come, either way.

See you next week

You're letting work get in the way of discussing football on a message board?

Some people need to get their priorities in order!

If any of you Packers fans want to hear the Giants gush about how good the Packers are, you can read up here

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...ker-Room/bd0a75bb-9c1f-44e3-b6f0-779462d9f889

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cruz was a non-factor in the ATL win. You really can't sleep on Cruz, Nicks, or Manningham. Both teams are similiar in that respect.

Do you really want to see Cruz topless doing the salsa?

its going to depends on who the Packers decide to leave in single coverage - thats who we will throw to

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I should add, this is from the NY Post, which is universally considered to be rag journalism. Although this cracked me up

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like the Pack...

Leave Jennings one on one? Nelson? Jones? What about Finley? And Driver, then you got Cobb...

Webster will be on Jennings, and Ross will be on Driver. I expect the Giants to be very physical with the receivers. Make them have to earn there catches.
The two players I am concerned about, other then Rodgers. Is Finley and Nelson. Either Boley or Rolle will have responsibility on Finley, he uses his strength against safeties, and his speed against linebackers. But the past few weeks the Giants have done well with tightends. Ex gonzalez, witten.
I see Prince as the corner who will be playing against Nelson, with safety help over the top.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Webster will be on Jennings, and Ross will be on Driver. I expect the Giants to be very physical with the receivers. Make them have to earn there catches.
The two players I am concerned about, other then Rodgers. Is Finley and Nelson. Either Boley or Rolle will have responsibility on Finley, he uses his strength against safeties, and his speed against linebackers. But the past few weeks the Giants have done well with tightends. Ex gonzalez, witten.
I see Prince as the corner who will be playing against Nelson, with safety help over the top.

Who had Nelson 1st time?

Have you seen him play other than that day?

Members online