OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cruz says the Giants WRs are going sleeveless.

WHO DOES THAT BENEFIT MORE?

discuss amongst yourselves....

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Shields does a good job covering Cruz. That is one player I worry about from the Giants. If we can contain him and Pierre Paul I think we get the win. If we dont it could be a long afternoon.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Shields does a good job covering Cruz. That is one player I worry about from the Giants. If we can contain him and Pierre Paul I think we get the win. If we dont it could be a long afternoon.

Cruz was a non-factor in the ATL win. You really can't sleep on Cruz, Nicks, or Manningham. Both teams are similiar in that respect.

Not topless?

Do you really want to see Cruz topless doing the salsa?

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is the Giants always play to their competition. They beat the Pats in NE, only lost to SF on the road by 7 and lost to us by 3. They beat Dallas twice and drilled the Jets. We need to come out firing on all cylinders.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is the Giants always play to their competition. They beat the Pats in NE, only lost to SF on the road by 7 and lost to us by 3. They beat Dallas twice and drilled the Jets. We need to come out firing on all cylinders.

That is the most accurate way to describe them. Outside of the disaster in NO we've played up & down to our competitions level all year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that about sums it up...

now how bout some flapjacks

(take a shot for every time u guess wrong at what movie thats from)
Groundhog Day.
I get the clever reference.

That is one of my favorite scenes from the movie.
And also all the attempted suicides. LOL

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats up with Giants practice today? Are you guys a little more banged up then everyone though?

Just read that Webster, Grant. Osi and Ross were all limited in practice today. Bradshaw and Herzlich were out. Grant, Ware and Webster were all new additions today.

Whats the cut-off for game eligibility and practices? If they dont practice friday, can they play sunday??

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whats up with Giants practice today? Are you guys a little more banged up then everyone though?

Just read that Webster, Grant. Osi and Ross were all limited in practice today. Bradshaw and Herzlich were out. Grant, Ware and Webster were all new additions today.

Whats the cut-off for game eligibility and practices? If they dont practice friday, can they play sunday??

TheBlueScreen Ralph Vacchiano

A good omen? Mathias Kiwanuka said "Today was one of our best practices of the year." #NYG

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is the usual array of guys who are hurt/not practicing. Nothing new there, besides Ross. Who we all know about from last week. Just the team trying to manage the players injuries to get the most out of them on Sunday.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheBlueScreen Ralph Vacchiano

A good omen? Mathias Kiwanuka said "Today was one of our best practices of the year." #NYG

That doesnt negate the fact that these guys needed some extra attention or rest/rehab today. I am not bashing, I am just trying to gauge the health of each team a little better as the week goes on. Obviously injuries hurt either team and were are getting close to the end of the week, which I believe Friday is the deadline that is players dont participate in practice in one way or another, that they are out for sunday. Please correct me if Im wrong on that matter.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the usual array of guys who are hurt/not practicing. Nothing new there, besides Ross. Who we all know about from last week. Just the team trying to manage the players injuries to get the most out of them on Sunday.

Thank you. You answered my question. Green Bay usually does the same. The only player not participating in practice for us is Nick Collins, whos on the DL obviously.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That doesnt negate the fact that these guys needed some extra attention or rest/rehab today. I am not bashing, I am just trying to gauge the health of each team a little better as the week goes on. Obviously injuries hurt either team and were are getting close to the end of the week, which I believe Friday is the deadline that is players dont participate in practice in one way or another, that they are out for sunday. Please correct me if Im wrong on that matter.

A few players have little injuries here and there.
But other then Mark Herzlich (bad ankle) everyone is playing Sunday.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were the healthiest we have been all year which is good news. The Giants are healthy too. Is it Sunday yet? This week is going by way to slow.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

We often do the same. And you know what? This has been going on for decades. Jerry Kramer talks about how Vince Lombardi was frustrated by it in his book.

It is what it is. No point worrying. We're either advancing or we're not. (Agree, of course, that we have to play our best football. That's a given, especially now.)

Joed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants did beat the cowboys and and Jets, but really both of those teams were not very good. To me it all starts with the Giants D line vs the Packers Off line. If the Packers can stop the rush..#12 will eat them alive. Now the Packers need to pressure Manning..and not let him sit in the pocket

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what is the consensus amongst Packer fans re: Dom Capers. I know you guys had the 2nd ranked defense a few years ago but were torched in the playoffs. Last year your D was better, but this year it took a big step back. I am curious because the Giants were also looking at Capers at one time. The Packers defense puzzles me, they seem to have some nice play makers on that side of the ball, but they never dominate like you'd expect them to.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
what is the consensus amongst Packer fans re: Dom Capers. I know you guys had the 2nd ranked defense a few years ago but were torched in the playoffs. Last year your D was better, but this year it took a big step back. I am curious because the Giants were also looking at Capers at one time. The Packers defense puzzles me, they seem to have some nice play makers on that side of the ball, but they never dominate like you'd expect them to.
Dom is one of the great defensive minds. He takes what he has and makes the best of it. We lose Jenkins, Neal is supposed to be his replacement and he is injured all year, we lose our pro bowl safety, no one really steps up to be the other OLB playmaker. He has a high risk high reward defense. between the 20's we give up yards.

Do they need to dominate. They just need to keep the other team from scoring as many points as our offense. Roles have reversed from last year. We are only one or two players from a dominant D. But then again, where is the #1 D in the NFL going to be playing this weekend?

Turnovers and total points, those are the stats that count. forget total yards in the new arena NFL.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We feel very lucky/blessed to have Dom Capers.
The Packers D dominates enough to help the Packers win games.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom is one of the great defensive minds. He takes what he has and makes the best of it. We lose Jenkins, Neal is supposed to be his replacement and he is injured all year, we lose our pro bowl safety, no one really steps up to be the other OLB playmaker. He has a high risk high reward defense. between the 20's we give up yards.

Do they need to dominate. They just need to keep the other team from scoring as many points as our offense. Roles have reversed from last year. We are only one or two players from a dominant D. But then again, where is the #1 D in the NFL going to be playing this weekend?

Turnovers and total points, those are the stats that count. forget total yards in the new arena NFL.
Very good point. Yards don't matter. It's all about creating mistakes in the Red Zone.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im really hoping the defense can come back into sort. Last year werent we ranked the #2 defense? We just have way too many playmakers on Defense for us to be doing this bad, Collins being out hurt us but injuries happen to every team.

Members online