OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always like to read the writers of the opposing teams we are facing...take the articles for what you will though.

Here's one on GB's bye week

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/say_bye_bye_to_the_pack_ge30pQYAnRCbzIiuu30MaO

Article on the Giants sticking with the run, even when it's not working (as I referenced last night).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204257504577155390671168540.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

For my money's worth, NJ.com covers the Giants the best...

http://www.nj.com/giants/

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't Woodson on Nicks most of the day? I haven't heard anyone say Cruz burned him.

Williams is a rookie who is playing much better of late, although as a rookie he is still a wildcard on how he'll perform Sunday. Boley shouldn't have played. I'm not surprised he was burned. If you look at how well the two of them have shut down Witten 2x, Keller (and you can knock Sanchez all you want but even when he sucks, he always has good #s to Keller), and Gonzo over the last 4 meetings of the premiere TE's you'd see why Giants fans are confident that is one match up they can win.

Yes sorry..

They absolute KEY to Finley(or any receiver) to not having a good day is your front 4..

They get the pressure they NEED to get, then Rodgers is in for a long day..I.E Kansas City game

That is why Ryan didnt get anything done from what I saw...Even tho only sacked 2 times? He was rushed a ton..

IMO Rodgers is a much better q/b and "athlete" than Ryan is...So maybe the Giants need to being even more than what they did vs Atlanta to have success

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I always like to read the writers of the opposing teams we are facing...take the articles for what you will though.

Here's one on GB's bye week

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/say_bye_bye_to_the_pack_ge30pQYAnRCbzIiuu30MaO

Article on the Giants sticking with the run, even when it's not working (as I referenced last night).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204257504577155390671168540.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

For my money's worth, NJ.com covers the Giants the best...

http://www.nj.com/giants/

For this team I have a hard time believing the rust factor...Just something about the way MM has ran this team since he got here...

could they fall flat, hell yeah but I dont expect it

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the pass rush will be the deciding factor, no doubt. We will go as far as that takes us. As you mentioned the # of sacks last week wasn't impressive, but the rushes, hits, knockdowns, and even a few times I noticed Ryan was about to throw and JPP got his arms up and Ryan had to tuck it away.

I noticed KC put a spy on Rodgers at various times throughout their game. I hope we do that every now and then to try and keep Rodgers in check because I can certainly see him running for a few 1st downs on broken plays.

As for the GB rust, I think Jennings put it best. If GB wins, they were well rested, if they lose, they were rusty. I personally am not really putting much stock in it beyond feeling like it's a good thing for the Giants we had to play, to keep the momentum going. GB obviously didn't need to do that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the pass rush will be the deciding factor, no doubt. We will go as far as that takes us. As you mentioned the # of sacks last week wasn't impressive, but the rushes, hits, knockdowns, and even a few times I noticed Ryan was about to throw and JPP got his arms up and Ryan had to tuck it away.

I noticed KC put a spy on Rodgers at various times throughout their game. I hope we do that every now and then to try and keep Rodgers in check because I can certainly see him running for a few 1st downs on broken plays.

As for the GB rust, I think Jennings put it best. If GB wins, they were well rested, if they lose, they were rusty. I personally am not really putting much sthttp://www.packerforum.com/threads/official-giants-packer-talk.33564/page-40ock in it beyond feeling like it's a good thing for the Giants we had to play, to keep the momentum going. GB obviously didn't need to do that.

Some more on the KC game..

Missing Jennings, one starting LB, and starting defensive left end...

Starting LT was Newhouse...2nd year and never started a game last year, but he did really come on to play pretty well after that KC game...But KC was bad for him..

We also lost our starting RT Bulaga, in the 3rd, then lost his replacement who is a rookie..

We ended up having a 2nd string and 3rd string tackles finish the game...So when people just look at stats from that game, they need to understand there was a lot more going on then just having a bad game

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

those are awesome seats. Although I don't think I could handle the no back support. When I sit in the bleachers for Yankees games my back always gets tight. I also like the tailgate set up you guys have. Getting out of the lot after the game seems like a headache though (it is here in NJ).

The field turf looks nice. It should be a weird shade of brown come Sunday. Man I love playoff football!

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those are awesome seats. Although I don't think I could handle the no back support. When I sit in the bleachers for Yankees games my back always gets tight. I also like the tailgate set up you guys have. Getting out of the lot after the game seems like a headache though (it is here in NJ).

The field turf looks nice. It should be a weird shade of brown come Sunday. Man I love playoff football!

Lot's of people get the rented seat backs....$6.00

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Lot of people do more tailgating after the game, to let traffic die down..Or they walk to a near by bar for a bit..I have gone to Curlys pub in the stadium and ate dinner..Hour later lot is ton easier to get through.

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score
Its funny....the more and more you read the papers the more these two teams can beat each other "if" this happens or that happens. The Pack was 15-1 and the Giants were 9-7. Yet they are being played as almost eaquals now. I find that crazy but in a way its true. Playoffs are a different time and there is a lot to be said for the current state of the teams. I see the packers being able to overcome more miscues than the Giants. The Giants, IMO, have to play their top game to win where I think the Pack can play a bit less their top game and still win. The Pack has a bit more leeway I guess you can say. The Giants D is better than it was during the reg season game but the Pack was missing a couple of D starters as well that day. The Pack has been great all season, save the KC game, where the Giants are just getting up to speed so to speak the last few weeks. Cant wait for Sunday.....

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Sunday just needs to get here.

I hate the concept of the pending off-season, but thankfully it won't start for us Packers fans until February 6th. :) But, still... that's less than a month away! :cry:

In a parallel universe, the one where the Giants inexplicably win, my alternate self will probably end up cheering for them. But, the odds are really poor of them playing beyond one more game. They will most likely have to go to New Orleans. I just cannot envision the 49ers, who might be able to slow down the Saint's scoring machine even by a factor of two, being able to score enough on their own to offset. In my opinion, the only team that can stay with the Saints are the Packers-- moreso as it would occur outside at Lambeau. But, NYG in their house? Probably a Saints win. Maybe the Giants have enough momentum or are THAT much better than before? They are going to need it (in this alternate universe).

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely need the back support if I were a season ticket holder. Although I assume on Sunday you guys will be on your feet half the time anyway.

People here tailgate for a bit after our game as well. Even though we have a new stadium getting out of our parking lots can be atrocious.

Peter King's picks are in........24-23 Packers.

To be honest, all Giant fans want to avoid the Saints. They are the team, more so than the Packers (with all due respect) that Giants fans wanted to avoid. If we do win this game though, I wouldn't be too worried about going in to NO. We've been underdogs before, given no chance, and some how won (assuming we won on Sunday). But honestly, most of us aren't even entertaining the idea of who we'd play next. Everyone is talking about the Packers game.

But for what it's worth (nothing), I've got SF winning on Saturday.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely need the back support if I were a season ticket holder. Although I assume on Sunday you guys will be on your feet half the time anyway.

People here tailgate for a bit after our game as well. Even though we have a new stadium getting out of our parking lots can be atrocious.

To be honest, all Giant fans want to avoid the Saints. They are the team, more so than the Packers (with all due respect) that Giants fans wanted to avoid. If we do win this game though, I wouldn't be too worried about going in to NO. We've been underdogs before, given no chance, and some how won (assuming we won on Sunday). But honestly, most of us aren't even entertaining the idea of who we'd play next. Everyone is talking about the Packers game.

During big plays, the crowd will stand up... Normally, people will sit and watch... In between plays is when I stand and take pics then sit down.. From time to time, I will put the camera on rapid mode and take pics of the qb dropping back and throwing... But when I do that, I miss the play.. Rarely do that... I enjoy taking the pics, and more than that, I love the feeling of sharing them with others, per facebook... Now I have to get an external hard drive lol............

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score

I always do a post game tailgate....
1.....I never ever leave a game early to beat traffic. Dont care if its a Monday noght game or whatever.
2....I am either celebrating victory or drowning the sorrows of a loss.
3....I hate traffic and want to avoid it all togther.

You are right...cant worry about the Saints or the Niners. I will be happy to worry about either team next week if that is the case.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During big plays, the crowd will stand up... Normally, people will sit and watch... In between plays is when I stand and take pics then sit down.. From time to time, I will put the camera on rapid mode and take pics of the qb dropping back and throwing... But when I do that, I miss the play.. Rarely do that... I enjoy taking the pics, and more than that, I love the feeling of sharing them with others, per facebook... Now I have to get an external hard drive lol............

you may need a terrabyte at this pace haha

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King has the Packers 24-23

Most of ESPN picks the Packers (3-1)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Sportingnews has the Packers in a blow out
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...bow-manning-wont-survive-brutal-passing-duels

CBS Sports has the Pack in a close one
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/16786777/divisional-playoffs-giantspackers-preview

Seems like everyone is on the Packers wagon. As a Giant fan, I wouldn't want it any other way.

In the words of our good friend, Lee Corso.... "Not so fast my friend"

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Its funny....the more and more you read the papers the more these two teams can beat each other "if" this happens or that happens. The Pack was 15-1 and the Giants were 9-7. Yet they are being played as almost eaquals now. I find that crazy but in a way its true. Playoffs are a different time and there is a lot to be said for the current state of the teams. I see the packers being able to overcome more miscues than the Giants. The Giants, IMO, have to play their top game to win where I think the Pack can play a bit less their top game and still win. The Pack has a bit more leeway I guess you can say. The Giants D is better than it was during the reg season game but the Pack was missing a couple of D starters as well that day. The Pack has been great all season, save the KC game, where the Giants are just getting up to speed so to speak the last few weeks. Cant wait for Sunday.....
Gonna be a good game, could be a classic, played at the Citadel of the NFL.