Official Game Day Thread: Rams @ Packers - 10/16: WIN 24 - 3

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are! Love the thread title! Are the Packers the big bad wolf pack after the little lambs? I'll make them some lamb stew for this game. No more Falcon wings as I've run out of Falcons.

L

Lunchboxer

St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers
St. Louis Rams @ Green Bay Packers

Coincidence? Planned all along?

Crazy aint it.

Wood Chipper not this again. I be very worried about the trap game. If the Defence was putting out the good stuff Maybe. But I can grantee the D will give up 1 or 2 TDs.

After the Rams No more Trap games. That makes me happy. I would rather have the team lose to a good high quality team then lose to some lowly ranked team like the rams.

Little side note. I hope the Brewers sweep the Cards and clinch a World Series Berth in St Louis. Some payback for beating the Brewers in the 82 World Series.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Rams are coming off a bye week, but I don't think that is enough to prepare them for us.
Our defense improved the second half last night, and from past weeks we've seen that the Rams really have some problems.
Home field advantage will play a big key in momentum. I don't think the young team is going to be able to handle us.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be there!!! my second game in green bay (we went to the 1st vikings game last year. that was insane).
Taking my dad, who is a career long packers fan...he has never been to green bay, so it will be really special.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
May the Packers beat the Rams, and enjoy wearing their throwbacks doing it. I hope Woodson can get a pick six in this game. I just hope for no injuries on either side.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully both teams put away St Louis this week! The packers will have the much easier time at it though. Pack 35-Lambs 17

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Rams took some major hits with injuries which they couldn't afford. Their secondary is in shambles. Al Harris might start against Green Bay. This is going to be a slaughter of epic proportions, unless Coach McCarthy decides to rest some guys in the second half.

Oh yeah, and they just promoted a couple guys from the practice squad to be the starting CBs against the Pack. Oh the humanity!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy aint it.

Wood Chipper not this again. I be very worried about the trap game. If the Defence was putting out the good stuff Maybe. But I can grantee the D will give up 1 or 2 TDs.
Last night, the defense was fantastic after the Falcons 2nd TD which came off Ryan Grant's fumble.
They pitched a shutout of the Falcons after that. In their home. I'm very excited about our defense finally.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect it will be another Broncos type game.

At least the Rams can take solace that they have one of the coolest looking helmets and unis in the league.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steven Jackson should be back healthy and fresh. We need to key our D on him as we did Forte. Believe it or not, I think Cutler and the Bears receivers are better than Bradford and his Lambs, so our defense SHOULD feast on them and silence the Lambs.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give credit to rams fans,they do have talent there and some sunday they may win,just not this sunday.At least they dont give up on the team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.clanram.com/forums/f11/can-we-beat-packers-46295/

I had a look earlier, and to no surprise I did find alot of fans on this board that think they have a chance in this game!

Click on the link for some lulz
In the 6-10 season a lot of folks in here were still hopeful of wins even in december. Granted, we played against bad teams, but our team was equally as bad.

And I'm certain that even in the 05 season there were fans that were hopeful.

Nothing wrong with fans being hopeful. If they're delusional, thinking that they can win by much, then it's another issue...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If it wasn't a home game I wouldn't expect the blowout I am thinking it may be. Think of trying to game plan versus the Packers from the Denver game to the Falcons game. The fact that we had 2 o-line starters out, the weakness was being exploited and then suddenly got fixed has got to make some teams turn their heads. And when someone finally finds a weakness through our D, they get shutdown after their 3rd drive for the rest of the game. I want to say we will probably see a lot of gadget plays from the Rams if they are healthy enough to execute them.

Reaction score
My uncle called me yesterday (he has been a Rams fan for over 50 years) and begged me to tell some of the Packers on Twitter to have mercy on his boys. :) Their top 3 corners are out for the season and Bradford seems to have regressed this year. The Packers should (should being the key word) handle them easily.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
My uncle called me yesterday (he has been a Rams fan for over 50 years) and begged me to tell some of the Packers on Twitter to have mercy on his boys. :) Their top 3 corners are out for the season and Bradford seems to have regressed this year. The Packers should (should being the key word) handle them easily.
You know, I remember in 2001 0r 2002 and the Rams beat us so badly in the playoffs, I don't forgive that. May the Packers curb stomp Warner's old team like they did us. Rams also stole our 40's jersey design, so may the Packers just beat the Rams, prove they don't fall for trap games, and may your uncle just suck it up, like we had to back in that playoff game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm still a bit surprised people keep talking about trap games. This is not a team that is going to fall for a trap game. It's impossible to imagine. They are well=coached, focused and determined to make a repeat. This is in literal terms a really, really good football team. I just hope they keep the foot on the gas, I love looking over the stats after the game and seeing the monster numbers.
Just think, at some point we will get Mike Neal back and the defense will be as bad-*** as it was last year.
The Packers first loss will either be at San Diego or Detroit if at all.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts