Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Jets - 10/31: WIN 9 - 0

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your team has a history of winning and his team has a history of losing. Whos the best jet ever? Broadway Joe? please. If the packers lose you always have the history to fall back on.

The win percentage since 1965 year of the merger for the Jets is .4585 VS the Packers .5100 with the Jets having 25 winning season and the Pack having 26. So you have more a few more wins. As far as history goes the Jets have plenty. I dont follow the Packers from a history stand point as I am sure you dont follow the Jets. The Jets to name a few were the first team to play MNF. The first AFC team to win a SB. Monday night Miracle, Ect.... I am not here to argue what franchise has more history because to be honest you win that battle. I am sure you can rattle off a bunch of names that played for the Packers but most Jet fans would not recognize the name as you would not with me doing the same. Basicly what I am saying is your falling back on history is inaccurate.

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We probably won't be able to re-sign Holmes, Edwards, Harris, and Cromartie.

Harris is a lock to be re-signed...Cromartie is very likely...then it'll most likely be a choice between Holmes or Edwards.

Hopefully due to both of their off the field issues they may come a little cheaper, and they all love playing for Rex and in NY.

The most likely answer though is 3/4....everyone else I listed is locked up.

Our GM Mike Tannenbaum specializes in the cap...he figures stuff out.

But do they have the dough to re-sign everyone when there's a cap?

Keep in mind we have resigned most of our core young players Fergie, Mangold, Revis. We also have Scott Sanchez Greene Cotchery, Moore ect.. with time left on there contract. Tanny has a knack for making the numbers work. Dont get me wrong we will not be able to resign everyone. Some of these guys were signed to win now and we have the core players to win for the future with no cap penalty if we cut them. We are in great shape today and for the next 5-7 years,

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The win percentage since 1965 year of the merger for the Jets is .4585 VS the Packers .5100 with the Jets having 25 winning season and the Pack having 26. So you have more a few more wins. As far as history goes the Jets have plenty. I dont follow the Packers from a history stand point as I am sure you dont follow the Jets. The Jets to name a few were the first team to play MNF. The first AFC team to win a SB. Monday night Miracle, Ect.... I am not here to argue what franchise has more history because to be honest you win that battle. I am sure you can rattle off a bunch of names that played for the Packers but most Jet fans would not recognize the name as you would not with me doing the same. Basicly what I am saying is your falling back on history is inaccurate.

By no means was that post about attacking you, it was merely a defense to a fellow packer fan who was walking into an ambush of sorts. Now I wouldnt try to pick a fight with an opposing fan who comes on the board with friendly and polite conversation but with that statement you made I gotta defend the packers.

How is it inaccurate? You admitted I win the battle over history! And I would assume most jets fans would know the names of Favre, Starr, Lombardi, Lambeau, Hutson, Gregg, and White. Just as I know the names of Namath Maynard and Martin.

jetstream1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By no means was that post about attacking you, it was merely a defense to a fellow packer fan who was walking into an ambush of sorts. Now I wouldnt try to pick a fight with an opposing fan who comes on the board with friendly and polite conversation but with that statement you made I gotta defend the packers.

How is it inaccurate? You admitted I win the battle over history! And I would assume most jets fans would know the names of Favre, Starr, Lombardi, Lambeau, Hutson, Gregg, and White. Just as I know the names of Namath Maynard and Martin.

The entire NY sack exchange is hisoric too...Klecko, Gastineau, Salaam

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If i came off aggresive it was not meant to be that way. When I read your post I took it as you were saying the Jets have no history and are a loosing franchise. I am saying we do have plenty of history and our win % is close. And unfortunatly I have not heard of Gregg. I would not consider Reggie white a Packer. He did not play there the majority of his career. Just like the Jets cant claim Favre since we only had him a year.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...unfortunatly I have not heard of Gregg. I would not consider Reggie white a Packer. He did not play there the majority of his career. Just like the Jets cant claim Favre since we only had him a year.

Gregg = Forrest Gregg. Offensive lineman who played throughout the 60s for Coach Lombardi and helped the Packers win 5 Championships. He also went on to play for the Cowboys and earned another ring there. Hall of Famer and widely considered as one of the top few O-Lineman in the history of the game. Also coached several NFL teams, including the Packers-- but, wasn't very good.

Reggie White. He played somewhere else before the Packers? Hmmm. Didn't know that. :nea:

To be serious, Reggie played nearly half his career in Green Bay... I think we can claim him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gregg = Forrest Gregg. Offensive lineman who played throughout the 60s for Coach Lombardi and helped the Packers win 5 Championships. He also went on to play for the Cowboys and earned another ring there. Hall of Famer and widely considered as one of the top few O-Lineman in the history of the game. Also coached several NFL teams, including the Packers-- but, wasn't very good.

Reggie White. He played somewhere else before the Packers? Hmmm. Didn't know that. :nea:

To be serious, Reggie played nearly half his career in Green Bay... I think we can claim him.

LOL, Reggie may of had some Eagles feathers but I'll always consider him a Packer at heart. I was he who made a Packer fan out of me!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And unfortunatly I have not heard of Gregg. I would not consider Reggie white a Packer. He did not play there the majority of his career. Just like the Jets cant claim Favre since we only had him a year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KwlDWAbQII]YouTube - Forrest Gregg - # 54 from Top 100 Greatest Players[/ame]

All you need to know about Gregg is what Lombardi said about him. "Forrest Gregg is the finest player I ever coached."

Reggie considered himself a packer and thats good enough for me. Im sorry did you win a title with Favre? No didnt think so. Did he say "the lord sent me here"? No didnt think so. We retired his number so I think we can claim him. The Eagles did too but when you think reggie you think of him running around the superdome with the LOMBARDI trophy.

I doubt Im the only one on here who didnt like that White comment.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
YouTube - Forrest Gregg - # 54 from Top 100 Greatest Players

All you need to know about Gregg is what Lombardi said about him. "Forrest Gregg is the finest player I ever coached."

Reggie considered himself a packer and thats good enough for me. Im sorry did you win a title with Favre? No didnt think so. Did he say "the lord sent me here"? No didnt think so. We retired his number so I think we can claim him. The Eagles did too but when you think reggie you think of him running around the superdome with the LOMBARDI trophy.

Can I get a big old Amen to your entire post, bro! Testify, Ivo testify!!! :preach: :amen:

I would hope Eau Claire didn't mean any offense to Reggie, but surely you can understand my need to kind of defend my hero. I'm probably biased but that's just me. I wonder if I can also say "the Lord sent me here" this is how I became a Packer fan, thanks Reggie!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ews briefing Friday:

DE Cullen Jenkins (tcalf) pushed it hard in drills inside the Don Hutson Center and then took part in individuals. He's listed as questionable.
DE Ryan Pickett (ankle) didn't do anything. He's listed as questionable and will be a gametime decision.
WR Donald Driver took part in practice for the first time this week and is probable. McCarthy said he's no worse off than he was a week ago at this time and definitely benefited from the time off.
NT Howard Green spent last night studying the system and practiced today. He will be active for the game.
CB Al Harris won't be active Sunday. McCarthy said he's made good progress, but he's not ready to make the move yet. He said that he'll be cleared "when I think he's ready."
S Atari Bigby hasn't been ruled out yet. A decision will be made after looking at practice tape and talking about it amongst the coaches.
Other injured guys: Clifton, probable, Collins, probable, Newhouse, probable, Tauscher, questionable, Woodson probable

Destructo-Jet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets deserve to be 5-1.

I'll agree with that. They haven't dominated every game, but they win them, and that's what good teams do.
Good teams win close games and bad teams don't, it's not just a cliche. Probably three quarters of games can
go either way in the middle of the 4th quarter. I've been cheering against the Patriots for years, their games are almost always close and they win just about all of them at the end. The Jets used to lose almost all of them at the end. Most games come down to 5 or 6 big plays.I don't really care what the score is. I don't care about the stats. I don't care that the Jets one loss was by one point, doesn't make me feel better than if they lost by thirty.

After this week, the hardest part of the Jets schedule is over. If they come out of this at 6-1 they are sitting pretty. I'd be willing to bet perhaps only one or two teams in the NFL has had a harder start.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't looked through all the threads and forgive me if this has already been posted elsewhere. If it has then just post a link.....

What do you think of Clay and the Packers D against the Jets O-line and the run?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there more fans of an opposing team posting on this week's official game thread?

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there more fans of an opposing team posting on this week's official game thread?

I doubt it's just you.:smile2: You guys are good, intelligent fans and there's a bunch of Jet fans that enjoy talking smart football. :good:

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, no kidding, picked this game as a possible loss at the beginning of the year given the Jets settling down under Ryan and the Packers being on the verge of rejoining the NFL elite. That was BEFORE all our injuries and mental mistakes, which are probably intertwined somehow. HOWEVER, that is why they play the games. On paper, we shouldn't stand a chance and ALL of the pundits are picking the Jets which is why we could actually sneak out of NJ with a W. Hopefully the Pack plays well and don't beat themselves. ALWAYS CHEER FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!

jetsknicks1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, no kidding, picked this game as a possible loss at the beginning of the year given the Jets settling down under Ryan and the Packers being on the verge of rejoining the NFL elite. That was BEFORE all our injuries and mental mistakes, which are probably intertwined somehow. HOWEVER, that is why they play the games. On paper, we shouldn't stand a chance and ALL of the pundits are picking the Jets which is why we could actually sneak out of NJ with a W. Hopefully the Pack plays well and don't beat themselves. ALWAYS CHEER FOR THE GOOD GUYS!!!

Everyone was saying that about the Broncos last game and I believe you guys to be better than them. Our secondary will need to play at a high level & our OL will need to keep Mathews bottled up.

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No disrespect intended. I am not here to get into a spitting match or ruffle any feathers. Like I have said in prior posts my wife (and her Family) are a big Packer fans.and I find myself rooting along with her. I even go as far as to wear Packer garb to Lambau when I go to games in support of my wife. Originally what I was said was in defense of a prior post saying the Jets have no history and were loosers. I believe every fan for every team would stand up for there colors.

EauClaire_Jetfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt it's just you.:smile2: You guys are good, intelligent fans and there's a bunch of Jet fans that enjoy talking smart football. :good:

Also you are playing one of the teams from the biggest market. Alot of Jet fans all over the U.S. much like the Packers. Unfortunatly we do have some jerks and bandwagoners this year. But overall we are good people.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Changed my mind...Ok, several things have led me to change my mind about this game. First, I got the Packer Report this week and remembered all the negativity and hubris that caused me to lose interest in the other forum. Second, I watched the Vikings game again. The secondary did a decent job in that game. So maybe they WILL hold up against the Jets. Third, that Vikings game was not won by the refs. There were some pretty blatant calls that went against the Packers; Jennings and Kuhn were both robbed of crucial first downs and as has been mentioned, that one interception should have been an illegal contact call against the Vikings, robbing us of a potential score.

That game was won in the trenches. Our O-line held up and the Vikings did not. That' where that game was won. If the Packers can protect Rodgers this week and he has those short quick screens and middle dumps down, the Jets are going to have a long day. Which brings me to my last point; you guys have convinced me that this is going to be a close game which the Pack could well win. Thanks for the optimism!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changed my mind...Ok, several things have led me to change my mind about this game. First, I got the Packer Report this week and remembered all the negativity and hubris that caused me to lose interest in the other forum. Second, I watched the Vikings game again. The secondary did a decent job in that game. So maybe they WILL hold up against the Jets. Third, that Vikings game was not won by the refs. There were some pretty blatant calls that went against the Packers; Jennings and Kuhn were both robbed of crucial first downs and as has been mentioned, that one interception should have been an illegal contact call against the Vikings, robbing us of a potential score.

That game was won in the trenches. Our O-line held up and the Vikings did not. That' where that game was won. If the Packers can protect Rodgers this week and he has those short quick screens and middle dumps down, the Jets are going to have a long day. Which brings me to my last point; you guys have convinced me that this is going to be a close game which the Pack could well win. Thanks for the optimism!
GREAT to have you finally on board!!!

Yeah, I think people need to understand what kind of team we have. We won't blow away anyone, except the Bills.

But there's NO TEAM in football that can blow us out. We will contend every single game, win or lose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts