Official ALL Badger hating thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone could of done a better Job than BB.

Hmm lets compare ...
In 16 seasons with Alverez the Badgers finished in the top 25 6 times.

In 6 full seasons with BB the Badgers finished in the top 25 5 times. You could add a 6th if they win the Rose Bowl.

Both won 3 conference titles.

BB 73% winning percentage
Alverez 61% winning percentage

Bowl records: Alverez 8-3, BB 2-4

L

Lunchboxer

Also the way BB left was *******. Just up and left. Gave a half felt conference to the players thats just wrong.

L

Lunchboxer

Barry stuck his neck out for the dude and broke some stuff getting BB that HC Job,and what does BB do just up and leave. No real talk with Barry about leaving or issues on why he want to leave. Thats just disgusting.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry stuck his neck out for the dude and broke some stuff getting BB that HC Job,and what does BB do just up and leave. No real talk with Barry about leaving or issues on why he want to leave. Thats just disgusting.

It's the business. Barry knew the biggest issue for him and said it wasn't something they could fix. He took a bigger job in a bigger conference for bigger money. He left when he had to, wanted to coach the rose bowl, so I don't know why anyone would fault him for leaving to advance his career...

L

Lunchboxer

It's the business. Barry knew the biggest issue for him and said it wasn't something they could fix. He took a bigger job in a bigger conference for bigger money. He left when he had to, wanted to coach the rose bowl, so I don't know why anyone would fault him for leaving to advance his career...

I get that. Its just that BB never really had a talk with Barry before he took it to talk it over or something. I doubt money had a huge role as to why he left.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that. Its just that BB never really had a talk with Barry before he took it to talk it over or something. I doubt money had a huge role as to why he left.

The raise was significant. I don't know BB very well so I can't say how important it was. The big issue seems to be money for assistants.

Would you be willing to admit 2 things? 1, he did more with less. With his recruiting ranking in the 40s he pulled together teams that were consistently ranked well. 2. He put together some quality staffs during with time here. I would be surprised if some of them found success elsewhere

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
So BB's criticism (And the knob Cowherd) of Wisconsin themselves not paying assistant coaches.. doesn't hold weight.

Using a 2009 USA study of coaching salaries as a baseline.

Badgers spent $1,602,778.00 on Salaries for assistants.

Big 10 Average $1,612,455.78

Paul Chryst however was the highest paid in the conference @ $361,554.00. Ohio State was the only school over 2 million.. just over at $2,001,141.00.

SEC average. $2,255,214.64. Not a Single school was at the average for the Big 10. Tennessee was over 3 million at $3,325,000.00.

So basically... it is an SEC vs the rest of the college playing field. Not Wisconsin not willing to pay themselves.

See attachment for breakdown.

Attachments

• Big 10 vs SEC Salaries.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 383
L

Lunchboxer

So BB's criticism (And the knob Cowherd) of Wisconsin themselves not paying assistant coaches.. doesn't hold weight.

Using a 2009 USA study of coaching salaries as a baseline.

Badgers spent $1,602,778.00 on Salaries for assistants.

Big 10 Average $1,612,455.78

Paul Chryst however was the highest paid in the conference @ $361,554.00. Ohio State was the only school over 2 million.. just over at $2,001,141.00.

SEC average. $2,255,214.64. Not a Single school was at the average for the Big 10. Tennessee was over 3 million at $3,325,000.00.

So basically... it is an SEC vs the rest of the college playing field. Not Wisconsin not willing to pay themselves.

See attachment for breakdown.

Thanks for the info. I kinda figured out that wasnt the case.

I think Wisconsin could of payed BB more money if he wanted it. Why dident he tell Barry about it during his weekly walk with him.

Paul Chryst wanted to advance his career not due to money. People wanna advance in the coaching world.

There has to be something that caused BB to get the hell out of Wisconsin in a heart beat and not tell Barry about it till he accepted the Job. Something seems fishy here.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has to be something that caused BB to get the hell out of Wisconsin in a heart beat and not tell Barry about it till he accepted the Job. Something seems fishy here.

You're digging.

Put the tin foil back in the kitchen.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully there is not some ***** or young lad soon to be getting a lot of press.

L

Lunchboxer

Everything about this does not add up at all. Call me crazy but something seems fishy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He didnt think he could win a National Title at Wis and thinks he can win it yelling ........................woo pig soooieee

And if we believe Lunch, BB will never win it..Coaches have egos, and they always want to show how great they are...I.E Mike Holmgren going to Seattle..

No conspiracy, no tin foil...I "think" he was afraid he would be talked into staying if he talked to Barry about it..So he went for it, then told Barry...

If Barry is right and it was the system that made BB, then BB is going to fall flat on his face..

L

Lunchboxer

He didnt think he could win a National Title at Wis and thinks he can win it yelling ........................woo pig soooieee

And if we believe Lunch, BB will never win it..Coaches have egos, and they always want to show how great they are...I.E Mike Holmgren going to Seattle..

No conspiracy, no tin foil...I "think" he was afraid he would be talked into staying if he talked to Barry about it..So he went for it, then told Barry...

If Barry is right and it was the system that made BB, then BB is going to fall flat on his face..

If someone was talked into staying then they dident wanna go anyway.

Im sure wisconsin could of had the money to keep him if he asked for it.

BB will be an epic fail in SEC. Competing against LSU Alabama Florida Georgia,Texas A&M thats alot to contend with. In B10 BB all needed to beat was OSU 1 team not entire division.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If someone was talked into staying then they dident wanna go anyway.

Im sure wisconsin could of had the money to keep him if he asked for it.

BB will be an epic fail in SEC. Competing against LSU Alabama Florida Georgia,Texas A&M thats alot to contend with. In B10 BB all needed to beat was OSU 1 team not entire division.

If Barry is right...If he is wrong you will be pissing your pants

Sharon Schlieckau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.....No no no no no noooo......Northern Iowa lost their 2nd round FCS game to Montana last year 48-10. MONTANA!!! Houston, we have a problem.

To only beat UNI by 5 at home is a LOSS.

For all you B1G and UW enthusiasts; The Wisconsin Badgers are not a top 10 football team, and it is not even close.

In fact, they should come pretty close to being OUT of the AP Top 25 if anyone was paying attention.

Personally I sure wish they would do something in Madison to cure this defensive FUNK theyve been in - suggestions? For the record, I have NEVER been a Bielema fan. And considering who Alvarez could have had come in instead of BB, it makes me wonder if he wants his OWN legacy to live on more brightly.
Well I think you should hold your opinions close to your chest until you see what Paul Chyst can do. Just saying...

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think you should hold your opinions close to your chest until you see what Paul Chyst can do. Just saying...
PFFF!!! Three freshman starting on the OL this year....Until UW shows me something other than an outstanding OL/RB, they are who they are. No QBs, WRs, no secondary. Alabama is going to show you what a bonafide college team looks like. And I am a huge badger fan, but you may want to take your cardinal beer goggles off for a second.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
A huge Badgers fan who started a thread titled, "Official ALL Badger hating thread". :roflmao:Sheeesshhh, you'd think a Badgers fan would at least make it "Unofficial". :rolleyes:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFFF!!! Three freshman starting on the OL this year....Until UW shows me something other than an outstanding OL/RB, they are who they are. No QBs, WRs, no secondary. Alabama is going to show you what a bonafide college team looks like. And I am a huge badger fan, but you may want to take your cardinal beer goggles off for a second.

While they will get beat by bama they could very easily win out in the conference this year

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
PFFF!!! Three freshman starting on the OL this year....Until UW shows me something other than an outstanding OL/RB, they are who they are. No QBs, WRs, no secondary. Alabama is going to show you what a bonafide college team looks like.
While they will get beat by bama they could very easily win out in the conference this year

It is unusual that a Badgers team would be both thin in depth and injured on the OL but that’s the case now. I’m not sure about “No QBs, WRs, or secondary”, but even if that’s true, you can’t put that on Paul Chryst at this point, can you? I’m certainly willing to give him a fair shot. One thing we know for certain is he won’t bolt for an inferior program with little or no notice. With his reputation I think he’ll be able to recruit better QBs and WRs than his predecessors. I hope Aranda sticks around for a few years because I think the combination of both of them could be very good.

Members online

Latest posts