Official ALL Badger hating thread

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They should beat the Golphers this week in Madison
I have too many WTF memories of Badger games to put this in the win column. Minn has but one more loss. They coming loaded for the upset.
I agree Mich has to beat OSU to set up the rematch. Would clear up any doubt should the Badgers prevail.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have too many WTF memories of Badger games to put this in the win column. Minn has but one more loss. They coming loaded for the upset.
I agree Mich has to beat OSU to set up the rematch. Would clear up any doubt should the Badgers prevail.

I agree, the Gophers will be coming into Madison wanting a win. The good news for Bucky, they have beaten the Gophers 12 straight games since 2004, so at least they have that and home field advantage going for them :D While past records never assure anything (see Detroit finally winning at Lambeau) its a good indication of where both programs are at. The Gophers have also not really beaten anyone of significance this year, with their "best game" possibly being when they took PSU to overtime in early October and lost.

This is a confident well coached, very well balanced team the Badgers have. They lost their place kicker and 2 starting linebackers during the season, but have still played really well. While I'm not too concerned about Saturdays game, they can't look past it. But on any given Saturday, I think the Badgers can play with just about anyone in the country, except maybe Alabama.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good comeback win today. You guys were right, the Gophers came put like this was their bowl game. They are improving and help show that the B1G is certainly one of, if not the best, conference. A lot of tough teams and teams on the rise.

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that the Badgers and Penn State would be playing in the conference championship game? And that two teams could possibly make it to the playoffs, and maybe neither one of them would have played in the championship game.

4 teams the top 7, just unreal. I wish you all a fun championship game next week and let's hope either Clemson or Washington get beat in their conference championship games, then we have a much better chance of getting in. On Wisconsin.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great second half today for Bucky! The Badgers reminded me a bit of the Packers during the first half today. They came out a big sluggish, against a team that was full on ready to win. The difference, the defense came out in the second half and absolutely won them the game with intensity and interceptions. Something we haven't seen the Packer defense do in ...forever, lift the offense and get the win.

Sadly OSU and Penn State also won today, so that pretty much locks OSU into the final 4, despite the fact that they didn't beat PSU head to head nor will the Buckeyes be playing next Saturday for the Big10 Crown, crazy.

I don't expect Bucky to move up more then one spot (into #5) this week AND that is only if the pollsters decide to rank Michigan at #6 or worse. Bucky now needs to beat PSU and hope one more team (Washington or Clemson) loses in their Conference Championship games.

Nonetheless, exciting season for Bucky, a shot at another Big10 Title as well as making the final 4!

Paul Chryst to Green Bay next year? Nahhhh.......we like him to much down here in Madison!

See you in Indy!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul Chryst to Green Bay next year? Nahhhh.......we like him to much down here in Madison!
Wouldn't mind seeing either of the last two Badger DC's in GB to replace Capers. 3-4 defenses that fly about the field. Has to be simpler defenses as the players learn it in a year or two.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing either of the last two Badger DC's in GB to replace Capers. 3-4 defenses that fly about the field. Has to be simpler defenses as the players learn it in a year or two.

I agree.

When Aranda came to Wisconsin he changed the Badgers' base defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and developed a much more aggressive defense, putting pressure on the quarterback. LSU is trying to keep Aranda by offering him more then the $1.2 M 3 year contract he signed less then a year ago.

Wilcox has a longer resume. He was DC for Boise State, Tennessee, Washington, USC and now the Badgers. Rumors are San Jose State may try to lure him away for their HC position.

Aranda and Wilcox are both shining Stars. They are only a month a part in age and at 40 years old have a lot of coaching ahead of them. Aranda would be my choice of the 2 if one of them was going to replace Capers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Aranda and Wilcox are both shining Stars. They are only a month a part in age and at 40 years old have a lot of coaching ahead of them.
Would their defenses translate to the NFL though? A few all-conference players can dominate against JAGs that are training camp bodies at best as opposed to the best of the best.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Would their defenses translate to the NFL though? A few all-conference players can dominate against JAGs that are training camp bodies at best as opposed to the best of the best.

That is always a good question, can a college coach make the jump to the Pro's? Both Aranda and now Wilcox have had a few solid players to work with, but for the most part not a lot of blue chippers. Both are showing that they can really coach guys into playing at a high level. Aranda did that with the Badger linebackers and I think Wilcox has continued that with LB's as well as this years secondary.

I am guessing if you compared the players that the Badgers are lining up each week on Defense to those that teams like Bama, Buckeyes and Michigan are, you would see a lot of average talent coming out of H.S. (Badgers) VS a whole lot of blue chip prospects on the other teams. Then when you look at how good the Badgers defense ranks nationally, it says a whole lot about the coaching.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Badgers at #6 in the College Playoff Polls. One would hope that if they beat Penn State and either Washington or Clemson lose, that will that be enough to move them up to #4, but will the pollsters want 2 Big10 teams in the playoffs?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Badgers at #6 in the College Playoff Polls. One would hope that if they beat Penn State and either Washington or Clemson lose, that will that be enough to move them up to #4, but will the pollsters want 2 Big10 teams in the playoffs?
Kind of puts lie to the stated goal of conference championships meaning something if the B1G champ is left out. Even Penn State should go. Especially since they gave OSU the loss on their resume.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kind of puts lie to the stated goal of conference championships meaning something if the B1G champ is left out. Even Penn State should go. Especially since they gave OSU the loss on their resume.

Agreed, its really an odd way this shook out this year. If Clemson and Washington both lost and the Badgers won, would OSU, Michigan AND WI be in the final 4? Or would they still give the nod to Clemson and Michigan? I haven't really found anything that shakes all of the scenarios out, but I really haven't looked that hard.

Fun year for Bucky!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just glad Bucky didn't choke away it's chance to be in the discussion like in years past.

While its only his second year, I really like Paul Chryst and I would hope to see less choking under him. There were a few games this year that the Badgers began slow or poorly and Chryst got them refocused and the games turned around. Not many coaches can pull off a QB rotation like Chryst has done this year with his senior and freshman QB, he seems to know exactly when its time to make a switch and when he does, the team has typically responded.

While its going to take some breaks to get into the final 4 this year, I think the Badgers could play with just about anybody and have a shot at winning, ok, anyone other then Bama :D

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Bucky, 'bama is most likely their first round draw .

I would take that, after all, you have to beat them along the way at some point. :D What would be the ultimate scenario in my mind, beat Ohio State in Round 1 and then beat Bama in the finals. Beating the 2014 and 2015 Champs to become the 2016 Champ.

The road to that starts tonight, Go Buffaloes!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't follow college ball very closely. Has there been any precedent of the vaunted SEC or any other conference for that matter dominating the majority of top seeds?

The SEC has been pretty dominant at times.

Currently, the Big10 is dominating the top 10

Ohio State: #2
Michigan: #5
Wisconsin: #6
Penn State: #7

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow what a gutless collapse. Defense was exposed and shown to be garbage. Badgers should be ashamed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow what a gutless collapse. Defense was exposed and shown to be garbage. Badgers should be ashamed.

Yeah....being #6 in the country and losing to the #7 team.....I'm ashamed :confused:

Let the haters hate. Same "gutless defenes" that got them to #6 in the country.

BTW....hats off to McSorley for having the game of his career.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
wish there was a mystical magical way for no injuries for anyone. see the teams at full strength.

Hard to know what the Badgers could have done with 3 of their best players on Defense, their FG kicker and starting QB, but I guess that is part of football....leads to a gutless loss I guess? ;)

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just WTF is wrong with the Badgers where they cannot win the big games?

I don't follow any other college football teams.
Are they all like this?
Win one big game more than a decade ago only to keep on losing other big ones?

Probably end up in yet another meaningless Bowl game, like the Fruit-N-Nut Bowl or some stupid little ridiculous one like that only to, ho-hum, win it. Big deal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just WTF is wrong with the Badgers where they cannot win the big games?

I don't follow any other college football teams.
Are they all like this?
Win one big game more than a decade ago only to keep on losing other big ones?

Probably end up in yet another meaningless Bowl game, like the Fruit-N-Nut Bowl or some stupid little ridiculous one like that only to, ho-hum, win it. Big deal.

I guess in any "big game", there will always be one winner and one loser. While Wisconsin didn't win last night, they won their share of games against ranked teams this year, in years past and have won the Big10 Championship Twice since 2011.

As far as Bowl games, Wisconsin will no doubt be in one of the top bowl games.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cotton bowl vs Western Michigan. No respect scenario. Beat them and you were supposed to. Lose and walk about in shame.

Thought the exact same thing when I heard the news. While the Cotton Bowl is a really good bowl, playing a Mid American Conference Team, even an undefeated one such as 15th ranked Western Michigan does nothing for me.

Members online

Latest posts