Official 2018 6th round pick: Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Trying to get EQ back in his own thread for discussion.

Not sure how many people have read Matt Harmon's stuff. He is a Fantasy Football Guy, but he is also a writer and analyst for the NFL Network. He is also well-known as the creator of the Reception Perception methodology for evaluating wide receivers.

Love his write up on EQ and some other guys as well.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.c...ind-the-faults-in-equanimeous-st-browns-game/

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure how many people have read Matt Harmon's stuff. He is a Fantasy Football Guy, but he is also a writer and analyst for the NFL Network. He is also well-known as the creator of the Reception Perception methodology for evaluating wide receivers.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.c...ind-the-faults-in-equanimeous-st-browns-game/
Great read. Thanks for sharing!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

interesting, but my eyes are freaking freaking out right now after that off white on black background website. why do people do that?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
interesting, but my eyes are freaking freaking out right now after that off white on black background website. why do people do that?
Agreed. He has a lot of good stuff on his site, but you are right...sunglasses are helpful when viewing it. :cool:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished watching just about every ESB snap I could find, this kid suffered through some wretched QB play, can’t wait to see what he could do with Rodgers. He can earn that starting spot for us opposite Adams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited by this kid. If nothing else because he seems to be a pretty interesting person and he has physical attributes that could translate well to the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just finished watching just about every ESB snap I could find, this kid suffered through some wretched QB play, can’t wait to see what he could do with Rodgers. He can earn that starting spot for us opposite Adams.
I have read/seen the same thing about EQ and his 2017 season being pretty bad as a result of the QB Wimbush not being a very good passer. The Notre Dame offense wasn't that bad, but they ran a lot with Wimbush gaining 804 yds on the ground and RB Josh Adams 1430 yds. I find it too hard to believe that scouts wouldn't recognize that and give him a bit of a pass on his 2017 season and not look more at what he did in 2016 when Kizer was the QB. I have to think scouts did, but his personality may have been part of the reason he fell. Fingers crossed that 31 teams missed out on a really good player.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ has to contribute on special teams and all the other Wrs. Not sure if he has experience on ST or have the want to. He hasn't mentioned it in interviews, the other rookies have addressed it. I think it was in a packers podcast somewhere that said his dad would get on the strength coaches case and had to look/approve the lifts EQ was doing.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-update EQ does have some experience in special teams. Which will help him. He blocked a field goal in 15'

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
EQ has to contribute on special teams and all the other Wrs. Not sure if he has experience on ST or have the want to. He hasn't mentioned it in interviews, the other rookies have addressed it. I think it was in a packers podcast somewhere that said his dad would get on the strength coaches case and had to look/approve the lifts EQ was doing.
That was brought up here and in the media, in regards to his time at Notre Dame. His father (former 2 time Mr. Universe) has trained EQ and his 2 brothers since they started training. So of course he wanted input on his training at ND. Given the size of college rosters, starters aren't used a lot on special teams, EQ may have played on his during his freshman year and then said he prefered not playing on them once he was a starter. Hopefully, the good news for the Packers is the difference between the NFL and college. I doubt EQ will be given the preferential treatment that ND thought that they might have to give him to keep his Father happy as well as recruit one of his brothers. If EQ doesn't follow the Packers program, his time in GB will be short.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. I doubt EQ will be given the preferential treatment that ND thought that they might have to give him to keep his Father happy as well as recruit one of his brothers.

Which probably explains why he was still around in the sixth round.

Hopefully this doesn't become a Lonzo/LeVar Ball type situation.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Better for us if that’s why he fell.

I don’t think it’s remotely close to a Lavar Ball situation.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely no way the Packers would deal with a lavar ball situation. Unless of course St Brown comes out playing like Randy moss did during his rookie year for the Vikings. And while I see him being a good player I don't think he's got moss talent

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Absolutely no way the Packers would deal with a lavar ball situation. Unless of course St Brown comes out playing like Randy moss did during his rookie year for the Vikings. And while I see him being a good player I don't think he's got moss talent
As much as I didn't like Randy Moss, due to his personality and him being a Viking, I have to rank him as one of the best WR's I have ever seen play. I also fully admit, had he been a Packer, I probably would have been just fine with most of his big personality. He came out as a Rookie and played like a professional from day 1 and never looked back. I think he and Megatron are the main reason I always hope that the Packers can find a tall WR that can come close to duplicating what those guys did. With EQ, MVS and Clark we have 3 shots at it! :) Even J'Mon Moore is 6'3"....things are looking UP for the Packer WR's and I would think #12 is smiling like a cheshire cat because of it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better for us if that’s why he fell.

I don’t think it’s remotely close to a Lavar Ball situation.
I don't either. How much can I really know when I don't know them at all, but just the feeling I get from reading everything I have so far it's more his mother and father both have dedicated their lives as parents to get their children to where they wanted to be as adults. Sure some of that comes off as "weird" to a lot of people, but then it seems a lot of people are raising dipshits these days :) From everything I have read it seems like well rounded and intelligent kids were the goal, along with the NFL. I think it's was more along the lines of, we'll get you there, then you take off. His parents seem very goal driven and intelligent themselves. I'd be willing to be they have fantastic situational awareness about everything. I think Ball's dad just like to be in control. I don't get the same vibe from St. Brown's family at all.

Regardless of the rumors i've actually heard very little of, anybody have a good link to some with any details?, I think we're more likely to get a kid ready to work his *** off to become a great WR for this team than we are some prima donna thinking the world should be handed to him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't either. How much can I really know when I don't know them at all, but just the feeling I get from reading everything I have so far it's more his mother and father both have dedicated their lives as parents to get their children to where they wanted to be as adults. Sure some of that comes off as "weird" to a lot of people, but then it seems a lot of people are raising dipshits these days :) From everything I have read it seems like well rounded and intelligent kids were the goal, along with the NFL. I think it's was more along the lines of, we'll get you there, then you take off. His parents seem very goal driven and intelligent themselves. I'd be willing to be they have fantastic situational awareness about everything. I think Ball's dad just like to be in control. I don't get the same vibe from St. Brown's family at all.

Regardless of the rumors i've actually heard very little of, anybody have a good link to some with any details?, I think we're more likely to get a kid ready to work his *** off to become a great WR for this team than we are some prima donna thinking the world should be handed to him.

I've read more about Brown than any other Packer draft pick :) Much of his Notre Dame stuff I think was overblown to make headlines. The bottom line was, he performed at a high level when given the opportunity. I think a few things I have heard in interviews of him after the draft are very encouraging. People keep asking him about being picked in the 6th round. His response was basically "it doesn't matter, I was motivated to work hard before and that won't change". He has also acknowledge what a great opportunity he has to be in a place like Green Bay and working with Rodgers. I walk away from everything I have read really encouraged about him and his future. I picture a guy sitting down with his parents and spending many hours game planning and strategizing what he has to do to be a great WR. Not a guy cashing a check, knowing more are coming and running home deciding how it's going to be spent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts