Official 2018 6th round pick: Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Reading about the St. Brown family, it seems like a poor man's version of Lavar Ball & Co. There are reports that EQ wouldn't go along with strength coaches if his dad didn't approve and refused to play on special teams. I'm guessing this high maintenance stuff is why he was there in the 6th round. I guess people don't like it if you're arrogant and difficult. Who knew.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reading about the St. Brown family, it seems like a poor man's version of Lavar Ball & Co. There are reports that EQ wouldn't go along with strength coaches if his dad didn't approve and refused to play on special teams. I'm guessing this high maintenance stuff is why he was there in the 6th round. I guess people don't like it if you're arrogant and difficult. Who knew.

Well the good news with a "kid" like that, "Welcome to the NFL". Where you are no longer a prima donna 4 or 5 star recruit. A player that Mommy and Daddy can't manipulate the organization to better your stay or threaten the college that you will transfer. He is now low man on the totem pole and if he doesn't realize it quick he will be out. Oh...the "good news" I mentioned....EQ's College teammate, DeShone Kizer is a Packer, so maybe he will be able to let EQ know that it's time to put his big boy pants on and get down to his one time shot at a very lucrative career.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well the good news with a "kid" like that, "Welcome to the NFL". Where you are no longer a prima donna 4 or 5 star recruit. A player that Mommy and Daddy can't manipulate the organization to better your stay or threaten the college that you will transfer. He is now low man on the totem pole and if he doesn't realize it quick he will be out. Oh...the "good news" I mentioned....EQ's College teammate, DeShone Kizer is a Packer, so maybe he will be able to let EQ know that it's time to put his big boy pants on and get down to his one time shot at a very lucrative career.

And if he doesn't shape up, we can banish him to Buffalo.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s funny that people were ticked at the staff for not taking EQ in the 4th and the league passed on him until the 6th.

It’s almost like these guys know some things that we don’t.

Yeah its like most members base their opinions on cursory analysis that doesnt come close to what the FO does. Even those sports blogs, ESPN, and draft commentators are the poor cousins of analysis compared to your average FO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
or teach him humility by not trading or playing him much and assigning him to special teams lol.
As long as we don't have to send him the the newly founded "Jeff Janis Academy" for learning the playbook and route running, I will be happy. I hear that school is set to be boarded up. :coffee:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Allison may hold the kids off, but he’s not very talented, he’s a knucklehead, and they have literally nothing invested in him. So I wouldn’t consider him safe.

Alexander can return punts, but it’s questionable whether they’re going to want him doing that if he’s a starting corner. You don’t want to expose an important player to injury.
If Antonio Brown can return punts, Alexander isn't that important. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah its like most members base their opinions on cursory analysis that doesnt come close to what the FO does. Even those sports blogs, ESPN, and draft commentators are the poor cousins of analysis compared to your average FO.
Yes and why most of us have other jobs. ;)

It is funny in regards to EQ, had he been selected by the Packer in the 3rd round, I think many would be saying "great pick, I thought he would go in the 2nd round". Yet other players the Packers picked are "total reaches". Name recognition and media mock drafts play a big part in how many of us perceive how a draft goes.

I applaud Packer reporter Pete Dougherty. He has a lot of great knowledge when it comes to the Packers, but ask him a question about the draft and his stock reply is "I don't even pretend to know anything about scouting college players, I leave that up to the guys who do it for a living."

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, I love that we got multiple WRs. We needed depth for sure.... Did we take too many? Maybe, but I don't know what else we could have considered there.

I wouldn't jump up and down excited that we are going to take off, every draft pick needs development, and Wide Receiver is a position that notoriously takes a year to really get it. I'm hoping 1 or 2 of these guys do not end up this way. Then it'll be a successful draft, if only 1 of them does. Man... what a waste. I hope we get good value out of these guys.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Which is beyond fine. It's just funny that, on the basis of cursory analysis, fans throw these temper tantrums regarding moves that haven't even had time to succeed or fail.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is beyond fine. It's just funny that, on the basis of cursory analysis, fans throw these temper tantrums regarding moves that haven't even had time to succeed or fail.

Gute trading back with James and Edmunds on the board was hilarious, the only way it could have been better is if Fitz was there too.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But boy is the euphoria great when you can go back and say, "If I was in charge I would have done this." When it still doesn't pan out.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What cursory? :devilish:

I Google about 120 minutes a day. I watch 30 mins of YouTube. I follow 3 TV shows and listen to 5 radio and Podcasts.

I may suck at my job, but I believe I can do Gute's job better.

Fact.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Look, I love that we got multiple WRs. We needed depth for sure.... Did we take too many? Maybe, but I don't know what else we could have considered there.

I wouldn't jump up and down excited that we are going to take off, every draft pick needs development, and Wide Receiver is a position that notoriously takes a year to really get it. I'm hoping 1 or 2 of these guys do not end up this way. Then it'll be a successful draft, if only 1 of them does. Man... what a waste. I hope we get good value out of these guys.
I don’t think you can have too many recievers fighting for a spot. If you hit on one of them that’s a win. If you Hit on 3 of them, that’s a triple crown.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I may suck at my job, but I believe I can do Gute's job better.

Fact.

Yet he is there and you are......here.

Maybe you were saying that tongue and cheek? Also keep in mind, Gute isn't doing this job alone. He relies on his scouts and their analysis, not just himself sitting at a computer all day looking at youtube highlight videos and reading media reports.

Members online

Latest posts