Official 2018 4th round pick: J'mon Moore WR

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea Moore was totally off my board. St. Brown, Quinn, and Cain all there for the taking. He better work out because I'm calling bust.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upside, upside, upside. 18 TD's the last 2 seasons, both over 1,000 yds in the SEC is really good. Great size, good speed with proven production in a big-time conference. Drops and beating man press are areas he needs to make improvement on but that's one of the reasons a guy with his skill-set is around this late. The body and athleticism is something you can't teach. I like the pick .

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upside, upside, upside. 18 TD's the last 2 seasons, both over 1,000 yds in the SEC is really good. Great size, good speed with proven production in a big-time conference. Drops and beating man press are areas he needs to make improvement on but that's one of the reasons a guy with his skill-set is around this late. The body and athleticism is something you can't teach. I like the pick .

Good God man, he is this year Yancy Dupree or was it Deangelo Malachi. No wait, maybe he will be the next Jareff Abbrejanis.

Seriously though, I have hopes for all these guys but I am done through getting excited about any day 3 Packer WRs. At least I can root for our new punter.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good God man, he is this year Yancy Dupree or was it Deangelo Malachi. No wait, maybe he will be the next Jareff Abbrejanis.

Seriously though, I have hopes for all these guys but I am done through getting excited about any day 3 Packer WRs. At least I can root for our new punter.
You mean late round guys you hope pan out? You do know every team in the league is taking these same type guys, right? You look for upside and potential more than anything come the later rounds. I don't see anyone calling him the next Antonio Brown. BTW he was a sixth rounder. Nothing is guaranteed with any draft picks let alone guys in this range.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yancy, is just a big guy who can run pretty well, and Dupree is just meh. Moore actually plays like a WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not sure how people can complain about this pick. Packers need WR's and they felt this guy was the best one on the board. I totally wanted EQ Brown.....but what do I know...its the 6th round and he is still on the board.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching his highlights, I am a fan of this. Elite quickness, seems to have good hands and field awareness.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how people can complain about this pick. Packers need WR's and they felt this guy was the best one on the board. I totally wanted EQ Brown.....but what do I know...its the 6th round and he is still on the board.

Apparently Marquez Valdes-Scantling is the replacement for what we saw in EQ St. Brown. Brown was apparently blasted by his teammates and coaches, but if you look at both players, Scantling is very similar to EQ.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Apparently Marquez Valdes-Scantling is the replacement for what we saw in EQ St. Brown. Brown was apparently blasted by his teammates and coaches, but if you look at both players, Scantling is very similar to EQ.
I was thinking the same thing and I love MVS's size and speed (4.37).

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a late 4th rounder...and his movement skills are excellent. Just watch his tape and highlights, he looks much faster on the field.
And that's the difference in track guys and football guys. Bill Schroeder was fast on the track but was only average with the pads on.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean late round guys you hope pan out? You do know every team in the league is taking these same type guys, right? You look for upside and potential more than anything come the later rounds. I don't see anyone calling him the next Antonio Brown. BTW he was a sixth rounder. Nothing is guaranteed with any draft picks let alone guys in this range.

I think you misunderstood my post. Late round guys with upside. Guys you hope pan out but you know they probably won't. That's exactly what I was saying. That's why I won't get excited over any of them and I'll ignore any such comments like "he would have been a 2nd round pick if only..." Every team in the league is taking the same type of guys because that's all that is available at this point so is one really any better than the other? Not really, they are for the most part interchangeable.

I'm not bashing the pick at all. We need WR help from somewhere and if we are not going to get it early we have to try to get it late.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we definitely got bigger and faster at wr. Now just to figure out if we got better

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you are talking about me I'm not complaining at all. I'm just not going to get all worked up over it. we could have taken any one of 2 dozen WRs at this point and each one would have the same chance of sticking. They all have highlight reels and they all look like the 2nd coming if that's all you watch. These guys look awesome and I hope they both work out just like I hoped every WR we picked after round three in the last how many years worked out. I think they have just about as good a shot as any of them did too.

Members online

Latest posts