Official 2018 4th round pick: J'mon Moore WR

Titletown01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure about this one. Would have taken Crosby there personally or a higher upside WR. Shame Sweat wasn’t there.

H

HardRightEdge

Not sure about this one. Would have taken Crosby there personally or a higher upside WR. Shame Sweat wasn’t there.
Sweat had a bad ACL as a HS senior and was playing last year with a knee brace. There's medical risk there, and that's why he fell.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore's issue isn't speed. He ran a sub 4.5 forty at his pro day. He has size. His issue is drops. Get that figured out and he has a ton of value at the end of the 4th

Titletown01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweat had a bad ACL as a HS senior and was playing last year with a knee brace. There's medical risk there, and that's why he fell.

Yep. I’m a die hard college football fan and my school plays FSU every year so got to see him a lot. He was never dominant and the risk is there. I’m just slightly worried we have not addressed the edge at all yet.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how you pass on st. Brown. Brown is much bigger and faster. Doesn't make sense.

Who runs routes better? Who can learn a playbook better? Don't know the answers but I know there is way more to being a good wr than size and speed. And Moore's pro day 40 matched what Brown did at the combine. And both are plenty tall enough

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't fix the drops he'll be in MM's doghouse and be benched. When James Jones had problems with dropping passes he worked until he got much better. No reason Moore can't improve his catching ability. I'm still very puzzled with this pick since the Packers are in dire need of elite speed at the position.

H

HardRightEdge

Interesting. You know a guy who runs good routes and knows the playbook is key to Rodgers. I wonder what they do in those visits
No workouts or on-field drills are permitted. It's interviews and perhaps putting them in front of a grease board breaking down alignments. I'm sure a critical part of it is getting an assessment of personality. Goofballs and knuckleheads need not apply.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't fix the drops he'll be in MM's doghouse and be benched. When James Jones had problems with dropping passes he worked until he got much better. No reason Moore can't improve his catching ability. I'm still very puzzled with this pick since the Packers are in dire need of elite speed at the position.

Again 4.48 at his pro day. Plenty fast enough.

H

HardRightEdge

A note on Brown: he was not a full participant at the Combine because of a knee issue. He did not try to run the cone or the shuttle at the Combine or Pro Day. There may be a concern there.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brown is worth trading up for. Very rarely do you find a 6 ft 5 receiver that runs a for 4.4 40. Or maybe they are hoping Cain Falls.

bigboypasses

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has to be something wrong with Cain. I've seen him quite a bit and he is certainly a 3rd round Talent. There have been tons of wide receivers picked before him which makes me think that people are weary of something.

Members online

Latest posts