Official 2016 Packers regular season schedule

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 4 bye is so dumb.... Then add in 3 straight home games, 3 straight road games, 3 straight divisional games to end the year, 3 primetime away games.....

**** it though, just win baby.

CheckDown81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Jacksonville is going to make the Packers wear the "home" green jersey's like Miami did 2 years ago.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will have just practiced in 80-90 degree humid weather in Green Bay though out training camp. I don't worry about potential 88 degree days early in the season when they have "summer skin." I worry about it when we hit November or December and they go from playing in a 20 degree game to 88 degrees. That's harder to do IMO.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I don't like the early bye week either. Opening the Vikings new stadium will be a tough game. Other than that and with the Packers having the easiest schedule in the league based on last year's records I'm optimistic we can get another bye during the Wild Card round.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically the general concensus from fans of all 32 teams is that their team got screwed in the scheduling.

That being said, Im shocked we only have 1 MNF game. I wish we had the bye later. And I wish they spread out the home aways better.

On the positive side, I like thirsday games - the players get a little time off.

Strength of schedule is good, but in the NFL teams go from poor to good in a single season so the meaning of the stat is somewhat watered down.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typically the general concensus from fans of all 32 teams is that their team got screwed in the scheduling.

That being said, Im shocked we only have 1 MNF game. I wish we had the bye later. And I wish they spread out the home aways better.

I'm not shocked. MNF games are usually trash teams these days. SNF is where the real spotlight is now, not MNF.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have 14 weeks in between their games against the Vikings and 14 weeks in between their games against the Lions. I openly wonder how many times during the 16-game era we have ever had a longer stretch in between divisional games?

I like this, at it sets up two early face-offs and then allows each team to do their business before settling up at the end of the season. Should be fun.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So often, when a home team is celebrating some milestone during their game, they tend to loose it. Weather it is retiring someones jersey, giving out rings, or opening a new stadium, the the visiting team tends to put a damper on the festivities with a win.

That said, our second game is going to be fun!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
One of my sons is a die hard Jaguars fan. He has been ever since they entered the league. He used to be a Packers fan. :eek: I guess it is his little act of rebellion. ;) But when I found out that they were the first game of the season, I texted him; "Sorry Bud." :whistling: He texted back that he figured it would be a shoot out. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Every year at this time he thinks they are going to the playoffs. I kind of feel bad that the Packers are going to show him how far off the mark his prediction is.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the early bye week either. Opening the Vikings new stadium will be a tough game. Other than that and with the Packers having the easiest schedule in the league based on last year's records I'm optimistic we can get another bye during the Wild Card round.

Well...I guess someone has to get an early bye week. They probably rotate in so each team gets a fair amount of early, mid and late bye weeks. The only other way to do it is give everyone a bye in the middle of the season. Of course that would mean a week with no football for everyone. :mad:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I definitely don't like the bye week slot.

One thing that I always look at, but haven't done it yet are how many teams do we face who are coming off their bye week? I know we face the Giants, after our bye week and they have a game the previous week against the Vikings. Statistics probably will prove me wrong, but seems to be a nice advantage for a team to be better rested going into a game, while their opponents played the week before. Also, that extra week gives coaches more time to watch film and game plan.

EDIT: A quick look at other teams schedules and it doesn't appear that any team we play has a bye week the week before our game with them. :tup:

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timing of bye week means nothing. I know we like to think early byes are bad, but that's based on nothing.

Our schedule is really, really good.