Off to the races.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what I have read here, and yesterday was a bad game but when they came back in the 4th quarter the throw to Jones,to me showed Arod new he had to take a chance on his wide receivers,dont know whats up with Lacy but fumbles are not helping, Bakatari really needs to step up been thrown around false starts all these sacks yes Arod holds the ball to long but he hasn't had time with those guys dline will be ok think they are not playing as a team right now up until 4th quarter .Whats upsetting to me before sesason they said we would face a tough defense in seahaws rams we did and we beat them I know we have to beat a few more and feel they can if they do it as a team.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Predicting a 4-6 finish yes is over the top. Yes it's all relative and semantics but people need to stop hedging their bets

I assume you mean 4-4, and again, if "over the top" comes out as an opinion instead of a fact, there's no contention. Also, I don't remember the original post, but how is predicting the 4-4 finish, or any other finish, for that matter, hedging bets. If it comes out as "4-4, unless they really get the (fill in the problem area) fixed", now you're talking bet-hedging.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 4-4 finish IS a 4-6 finish since we lost our last two so I'm sure he did mean what he said.

D

Deleted member 6794

Notice three playoff teams from last year are already pretty much out of it at midseason. Lions, Chargers, Cowboys. What a difference a year makes.

The Chargers didn´t make the playoffs last season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Notice three playoff teams from last year are already pretty much out of it at midseason. Lions, Chargers, Cowboys. What a difference a year makes.
Currently its four. Baltimore, Dallas, Seattle, and Detroit. Now will that change by the end of the year? Sure it will. Dallas would have to work hard being the fact that they currently sit at the bottom of their division and they don't hold the tie breaker over several team out of their division in the running. Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans. And if they lose this weekend, Tampa.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently its four. Baltimore, Dallas, Seattle, and Detroit. Now will that change by the end of the year? Sure it will. Dallas would have to work hard being the fact that they currently sit at the bottom of their division and they don't hold the tie breaker over several team out of their division in the running. Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans. And if they lose this weekend, Tampa.

Forgot Baltimore. I think Seattle is going to get it together and make a run.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle has 5 of their last 8 at home, 3 road games at Minnesota, Arizona, and Baltimore. I think it's absolutely possible they go 6-2.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would have to go 6-2 to make it. I don't think that will happen. Maybe 5-3. Going to need 10 wins for a WC spot this year.

Actually, I think it real possible that the 'Hawks go 7-1 the rest of the way. If they get their mojo back at home, the Oline continues to improve and Graham continues to get incorporated into the offence , they could be trouble down the road. That D is looking as expected again.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually, I think it real possible that the 'Hawks go 7-1 the rest of the way. If they get their mojo back at home, the Oline continues to improve and Graham continues to get incorporated into the offence , they could be trouble down the road. That D is looking as expected again.
And the Vikings can go 8-0 if their O-line improves, giving Teddy the time to pass that he needs and opening holes for Peterson so he doesn't get hit behind the LOS.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Vikings can go 8-0 if their O-line improves, giving Teddy the time to pass that he needs and opening holes for Peterson so he doesn't get hit behind the LOS.

Seattle has the proven talent and history to show that a big turnaround is a very realistic possibility. The Vikings are a young up and coming team still finding their way,

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Seattle has the proven talent and history to show that a big turnaround is a very realistic possibility. The Vikings are a young up and coming team still finding their way,
And my question is this. If they have this talent and the history, why are they 4-4?

We will know more on Monday after they play the Cardinals.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Can't overstate how bad the Packers would look if they lose to Detroit at home. :)

Losing to MN @ MN would not be as bad as your think. Figure it this way, Packers beat the Lions, Vikes lose to the Raiders. Packers come in and lose to the Vikes. They are tied again. Not so bad.......now, lose to the Lions and then to the Vikings? Now we are talking Packer fans on the ledge. :(

What? You've read all these posts and you don't see them already on the ledge???? :eek: I think the team is in trouble right now for a whole host of things; i.e. injuries, coaching, immaturity, etc. But I won't jump; haven't since the 60's and not gonna start now. Sometimes you have good seasons and sometimes bad. Sometimes they start out good and tank. I think this might end up going that way unless some major adjustments are made.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman, Probably for the same reason the Packers have looked like they don't belong on the same field with top tier competition the last 2 games; the regular season is a long roller coaster ride with so many factors and variables that produce up and down results over it's course.

D

Deleted member 6794

And my question is this. If they have this talent and the history, why are they 4-4?

The Seahawks have lost three games by four points or less and led in the fourth quarter during all of them. In addition Chancellor, who is a huge reason for the defense´s success, was holding out during the first two games. I expect them to make the playoffs as well and think they´ll be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The Seahawks have lost three games by four points or less and led in the fourth quarter during all of them. In addition Chancellor, who is a huge reason for the defense´s success, was holding out during the first two games. I expect them to make the playoffs as well and think they´ll be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Completely agree.

I still consider Seattle to be the best team in the NFC. If the Packers don't right the ship, I believe that we will see Seattle once again in the SB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still consider Seattle to be the best team in the NFC. If the Packers don't right the ship, I believe that we will see Seattle once again in the SB.

As of right now I don´t consider the Seahawks the best team in the NFC but their defense is playing on an elite level again. Their offense still has to improve though.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
As of right now I don´t consider the Seahawks the best team in the NFC but their defense is playing on an elite level again. Their offense still has to improve though.
I truly hope you are right, because I really don't want to see Seattle, their god-fearing QB and that gum-chawing jerk on the sidelines in the playoffs ever again.

However, in addition to that great D they have, if they can figure out how to integrate and get the most out of Jimmy Graham, I believe their offense can be pretty good, too. If this happens, I think they will squeak into the playoffs and could become a late-blooming buzz saw.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers are in trouble if they don't start playing smart football, This offense looks scared in 3 of the last 4 quarters. keeping Rodgers in the pocket is going to get him hurt. Watch Tom Brady get rid of the ball in 2 seconds, then watch Rodgers waiting for guys to get open. He needs to roll out immediately if guys are not open. He is most dangerous when he is rolling out. This offense is not working right now. Not addressing the TE situation was a big mistake. RR is not a #1 TE and never will be. James Jones has less than 5 catches in the last 2 games. Eddie Lacy looks awful and slow. Leave Starks in as the main back.
The defense is another situation- when your best DB is always hurt, you will never get better. Sam Shields was a waste of $10 mil. Big play after big play gets completed against these young DB's. That has to stop, if we are going to limit these better teams we have been playing.
I will not feel better if the Packers beat the Lions by 40 points this week. They are horrible.
Next week against the Vikings will be a test of where the Packers are.

Last edited: