Observations from a Steelers Fan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
someone just put up stats for Steelers secondary - dude in those stats you list Oakland, Cleveland, Carolina who have girls as QB's not Rodgers..........I think your post is flawed

buy my comments about Rodgers are sound.........he struggles against good D's

Toss me the good defenses he struggled against

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Bears, Lions, Tampa Bay only Defenses I can call Rodgers having a hard time against.

AndyRussell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is in the response. Aaron is awesome when he gets free runs. When he starts getting hit, he ****s up. When Ben gets hit, he plays even better. That will be the difference.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is in the response. Aaron is awesome when he gets free runs. When he starts getting hit, he ****s up. When Ben gets hit, he plays even better. That will be the difference.

Again

Proof?

I got proof that his rating and TD to int % is better when hurried compared to Bens

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Did Matthews switch positions since last season? If not, he won't face Flozell since Flo has converted to RT after signing with the Steelers. Frankly I'd rather have Matthews line up against Flo than Scott. I think that reduces the mismatch for the Steelers.

Matthews doesn't rush from the same spot all game. He'll be moving around.

AndyRussell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like you guys. You are the class of the NFC. You happen to be playing the best AFC team and as much as you think you can deal with it, you can't. The teams we beat would beat you easily. Keep hope alive.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like you guys. You are the class of the NFC. You happen to be playing the best AFC team and as much as you think you can deal with it, you can't. The teams we beat would beat you easily. Keep hope alive.

If you like us then why troll?

I think you should be VERY worried, since your team struggles against great QBs. good luck next sunday, you will need it.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

Oy. Talk doesn't win football games, son.

Why do you have to "keep hope alive" if you have it in the bag?

[On edit - Oh, I guess that's for us? But I thought we had no chance at all, and no reason to hope. I'm so confused. LOL]

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL! Sure dude, whatever you say.. :wacko:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you like us then why troll?

I think you should be VERY worried, since your team struggles against great QBs. good luck next sunday, you will need it.

He doesn't like us, he was being sarcastic and condescending. He's nothing but a troll who wants to talk trash on someone else's forum because he has no life otherwise.

It's cool though. Whatever makes him feel good about himself.

Sandmire33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the only thing i hate about the Super Bowl..... Two weeks until the game.... we are going to have to hear another week of these steelers fans talking about how they are going to stop Rodgers... One of the most things overlooked is okay if they contain rodgers, are they going to be able to score on our D? I don't think so.... This game will be a dog fight.... but after reading this post I pray we just roll on them so they shut up... The Steeler fans that have come on here are worse then bear fans because they try to insult us and be nice in a condescending way that anyone can figure out. At least the Bear Trolls just come out with being trolls and we can dismiss it.... Hey Steeler fans I know where you can stick your terrible towell

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why generalize,we are all not here to smash on you!By the way,do you not know what happens when people disrespect the towel?Have some thick skin!!!

Sandmire33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why generalize,we are all not here to smash on you!By the way,do you not know what happens when people disrespect the towel?Have some thick skin!!!

Oh your not....... Almost every steeler fan on this forum have started there comments of saying they like us but then trash on our accomplishments this season.... I think It will be a good game but you guys can't possibly know more about our team then the people on this forum. I guarantee you that most people on this forum have watched every packer snap this year including preseason. But what i like the most is that we aren't acting like we know everything about your team.... This is why to me your worse then Bear Fans.
:happy0005: And yes i'm mocking the towell.. You act like it will be a home game for you and you will see your towels everywhere..... I don't know who will have more fans but we will have our fair share

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope that the Steelers players are as high on themselves and how much better they are than the Packers they are as you Steeler fans are. I've gotta think they're smarter than that though. Typical east coast arrogance. You think because we don't **** talk you after you do it to us that means you've won the game. You wish. Should be a fun and competitive game, unless your players overlook the Packers like you guys are.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We've changed up our secondary schematically since the Patriots debacle. The Steelers secondary has always been seen as a weak link, but the second half of the season has shown them to be the bermuda triangle of football. Check the stats:

Team passing yardage allowed completions/attempt
OAK 121 20/43
BUF 220 20/33
BAL 226 17/33
CIN 156 20/32
NYJ 170 19/29
CAR 45 10/23
CLE 182 21/43
BAL 91 16/30
NYJ 219 20/33

Those are phenomenal numbers, doubly so since our run defense didn't slip at all.
Prior to mid-season, the Steelers D was the best in the league against the run and lousy against the pass. Now we're the best in the league against both.

Not one of those teams has a good QB! Bills? Browns? SANCHIZE?! come on man... thats humiliating... thats like saying Clay had 150 sacks when going up against my high school football team.