O boy.. Real reason it's failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Baseball has shown you do not need a cap period for a competitive league, and football doesn't need it either. I'm pretty sure if you took the cap away New England would start sucking cuz Miami would outbid them in FA market.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

H

HardRightEdge

My attention span is long enough to post this, and hit the ignore button, so I never again have to read one of your long-winded, condescending posts ever again! Good riddance!
I have been waiting for that! Huzzah! The only question is what took so long. You just might be stubborn enough to stick with it. We'll see.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo, Aaron Rodgers has not been a top 10 NFL quarterback this season up to this point. I also question his leadership and coachability. Hopefully he gets his act straightened out.
i was listening to Milwaukee radio, 105.7 the fan on the radio.com app...the Bill Michaels Show and The Big Show (which includes Leroy Butler and Gary Ellerson), and they had several guests, with knowledge of the situation at 1265, and that was a big part of the discussion.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on if Murphy lets Rodgers pick the next coach or not. If he does it will probably be Alex Van Pelt...Or Jordy Nelson.
Neither as good as Janis, I assure you. We can trade MM for JJ. We'd be progressing at least alphabetically. Pretty soon to overtake BB we just need a AA initial coach.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thought I posted this yesterday after I read the posted SI article by Kalyn Kahler, but its still in my outbox area LOL

That was one of the better pieces I have read in awhile. While she doesn't/can't have all the answers, the way she puts all the pieces out there and the explanations of each piece, are very well done. Cohesively explains what a lot of us have been talking about.

H

HardRightEdge

i was listening to Milwaukee radio, 105.7 the fan on the radio.com app...the Bill Michaels Show and The Big Show (which includes Leroy Butler and Gary Ellerson), and they had several guests, with knowledge of the situation at 1265, and that was a big part of the discussion.
So, you sign a 34 year old guy with this resume to this kind of contract and then you want to change what he does? That's not constructive. Like it or not, it's the job of all those around him to make what he does work.

Bill Michaels? That's the guy who doesn't even know what a run/pass option is.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the fans are slowly starting to lose respect for Aaron similarly to Aaron losing respect for MM. Interesting.
Some of us have had these feelings all along... but were severely challenged if we tried to voice them. That being said I still would not want any other QB over him... but I think he needs to get some things fixed.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really. We don't know if any new incoming coach will have AR's respect either. AR knows the scheme better than the new coach and may resent interference in his game, esp if new coach removes play calling from him. Somebody needs to have a chat with AR and MM to work out a compromise. Sure both are mature people and can work this out.
I agree with most of this ... but need to point out that a new coach would bring in his own “scheme” so no.. Aaron would not know it better than the coach.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo, Aaron Rodgers has not been a top 10 NFL quarterback this season up to this point. I also question his leadership and coachability. Hopefully he gets his act straightened out.
Name me 10 other Quarterbacks that are ahead of him. I DEFINITELY want to hear this one!

And I swear it's like every time we go into these losing slumps people want to bring up his leadership and coachability into question. Seriously it's wash, rinse, and repeat.

-_-

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Name me 10 other Quarterbacks that are ahead of him. I DEFINITELY want to hear this one!

And I swear it's like every time we go into these losing slumps people want to bring up his leadership and coachability into question. Seriously it's wash, rinse, and repeat.

-_-
I still think he is a top 10 QB, but the eye test says the over throws, under throws and dirt balls along with the no throws to wide open receivers says his leadership and coachability is in question. I have no idea what is going on, but something is sour here, and Rodgers has culpability here too.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Maybe if they wouldn't of poured gasoline on a fire and wasted all those picks on the defense we would actually have the overall talent on offense to mute this conversation.

I hate continuing to bring it up but this was a major concern of mine during the offseason. We should have at least two to three more top 50 players from past drafts on offense then we have now.

Everyone knew Cobb was injury prone and G-Mo for the most part is unproven yet everyone cried defense and because we have Rodgers we'd be just happy happy on offense. Made our bed and now we gotta lay in it.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Trade AT and keep MM.
2. AR has turned into a Diva.
3. He's playing for stats...It's either a TD or he'll over through the receiver by 2 yds to prevent the TD to Int ratio the best ever.
4. With his new contract no HC will be able to control him...
5. This franchise will be in the tank as long as AR is out QB

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1. Trade AT and keep MM.
3. He's playing for stats...It's either a TD or he'll over through the receiver by 2 yds to prevent the TD to Int ratio the best ever.

I highly doubt that. Say what you want about AR12 but he is one of the biggest competitors there are and he doesn't like losing. Suggesting that he is choosing his stats over winning is ridiculous.

Get upset at the ***** pinny that built this lame roster that needed to be turned over.

Reactions: Do7

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe if they wouldn't of poured gasoline on a fire and wasted all those picks on the defense we would actually have the overall talent on offense to mute this conversation.

I hate continuing to bring it up but this was a major concern of mine during the offseason. We should have at least two to three more top 50 players from past drafts on offense then we have now.

Everyone knew Cobb was injury prone and G-Mo for the most part is unproven yet everyone cried defense and because we have Rodgers we'd be just happy happy on offense. Made our bed and now we gotta lay in it.

You are describing the "TT-Capers Snowball Effect". Packers Defense was in dire need of upgrades, Rodgers seemed to have the offense running just fine, so TT kept feeling the need to feed Capers high picks as well as not dabbling enough in the free agent market.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You are describing the "TT-Capers Snowball Effect". Packers Defense was in dire need of upgrades, Rodgers seemed to have the offense running just fine, so TT kept feeling the need to feed Capers high picks as well as not dabbling enough in the free agent market.

And the defense still needs upgrades.

Yeah it's like a car running fine and then something breaks. Problem is some of the parts were showing tear and we didn't stock up on good enough replacement parts so were on the side of the road. Now everyone is pointing fingers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the biggest question won't be answered until next year. is this just a combination of factors causing a down year? Or are we witnessing the decline of Rogers, and have seen his best?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, the biggest question won't be answered until next year. is this just a combination of factors causing a down year? Or are we witnessing the decline of Rogers, and have seen his best?
It's not like his play has been horrible. But I wonder if part of the reason for his not playing up to his standards is because he has been rusty from barely playing last year, and of course he doesn't play in preseason either. Maybe he's just a little rusty. Either way, like you say, we should find out next year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another big factor this year has been his lack of escape ability. How many times have we seen him caught or sacked when in years past they would easily get out of trouble and make a big gain or big play out of it? I think maybe the knee has been a bigger factor than we might think.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another big factor this year has been his lack of escape ability. How many times have we seen him caught or sacked when in years past they would easily get out of trouble and make a big gain or big play out of it? I think maybe the knee has been a bigger factor than we might think.
Every game, he pulls the ball down to run thru and opening and if he gets thru it, he gets caught from behind by guys he used to run away from. He's clearly moving better than 5 weeks ago, but he's not what he was. It's understandable of course, he's hurt, but it doesn't change the fact that he's not the same.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's not like his play has been horrible. But I wonder if part of the reason for his not playing up to his standards is because he has been rusty from barely playing last year, and of course he doesn't play in preseason either. Maybe he's just a little rusty. Either way, like you say, we should find out next year.

Yes and Yes. I would also add the mental aspect of it as well. Rodgers mentally does not seem like the same player and that is a big part of a QB's game, especially one as cognitive about his game as AR.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1. Trade AT and keep MM.
Packerchatters didn't like this either

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has PC changed? Used to be that any negative posts/posters were summarily ejected.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looked, and you're right on both counts. The post was obviously copied as it even has the same errors.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you sign a 34 year old guy with this resume to this kind of contract and then you want to change what he does? That's not constructive. Like it or not, it's the job of all those around him to make what he does work.

Bill Michaels? That's the guy who doesn't even know what a run/pass option is.
Rodgers needs to change. one reason is because he's 34. so you approve of his passing up open guys for holding the ball, getting sacked, or throwing it away? for his bad body language and attitude? for his undermining the coach and system with street-ball? for his happy-feet and throwing while falling backwards? all that, and more, need to change. whether he'll allow himself to change was the discussion on those shows. michaels opinion wasn't the point of listening but the guests, with knowledge, were. people who were, and are, inside 1265 are talking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts