O boy.. Real reason it's failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baseball has shown you do not need a cap period for a competitive league, and football doesn't need it either. I'm pretty sure if you took the cap away New England would start sucking cuz Miami would outbid them in FA market.

I completely disagree with you here. The two teams in the World Series this year had by far the two highest payrolls in MLB. Every few years, a small market team with a low payroll (such as the brewers this year or KC a few years ago) will jump up and have a decent playoff run, but then they lose all their top players to the Yankees, Red Sox, dodgers, etc who have the $$ to spend. Fifteen years later maybe the pieces will fall in place for another run.....

If this is your version of a “competitive league” I am not sure what to say. The nfl with their hard salary cap is much preferable to me as a small market fan.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I completely disagree with you here. The two teams in the World Series this year had by far the two highest payrolls in MLB. Every few years, a small market team with a low payroll (such as the brewers this year or KC a few years ago) will jump up and have a decent playoff run, but then they lose all their top players to the Yankees, Red Sox, dodgers, etc who have the $$ to spend. Fifteen years later maybe the pieces will fall in place for another run.....

If this is your version of a “competitive league” I am not sure what to say. The nfl with their hard salary cap is much preferable to me as a small market fan.

Agreed and I would add Revenue sharing combined with the cap has a large part to do with small market teams like the Packers being able to stay competitive over extended periods of time. I believe in the NFL the pie is split up equally, in MLB each team has to toss in 31% of their revenues and that pie is split up.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you seriously compare Rodgers to Cutler? Especially in regards to attitude? Thanks for the laugh.

As for the stats in what regard are these individuals having better stats? If you're talking about completion percentage and yards attempted then you have an argument. Otherwise he's right on par with those names you've mentioned. The only problem is that the team isn't winning.
yes...in the bad-body-language department. i thought that was pretty clear. he's worse than cutler ever thought about being.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder how the Patriots are 8-3, while the Packers are 4-6-1.
Which is exactly why I can't take anyone seriously when they say that there are 10 qbs that are better than Rodgers right now. The only difference between those teams is that they are WINNING. Does Rodgers play a role in us losing, yes, but we as a team have been underwhelming this year.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes...in the bad-body-language department. i thought that was pretty clear. he's worse than cutler ever thought about being.
Oh BOO freaking HOO! Body language. Are you kidding me right now? You mean the Jay Cutler that got in his offensive lines' face after getting frustrated (this was the year after they acquired Brandon Marshall and we blew their tails out at Lambeau)? When has Rodgers done something so extreme? Body language....Are you freaking kidding me right now? How many other quarterbacks have we seen with this "bad body language" as we speak. What I find funny is that you bring how he's worse than Cutler when he has been seen on the sidelines with his teammates, case in point when he put an arm around Crosby when he stunk up the joint in Detroit. Tell me did Cutler do that? Hell since we're on the subject, have we seen Rodgers yell at players or coaches on the sidelines like Brady has done in the past? Or Peyton? Surely that fits in your "bad-body language. Don't EVEN get me started on guys like Cam Newton! But you want to compare Rodgers to Cutler saying he is worse than he ever was. That is laughable and completely asinine.

The QB position is the hardest position in sports and considering the load Rodgers has to carry on his shoulder day in and day out to keep this team afloat. Hell yeah I would be a little frustrated at times too.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has been awful on 3rd down play calls this year.

3rd and 10 .... Let's run up the middle with Jones

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady has thrown only 19 touchdowns while having seven interceptions. He's not having a better season than Rodgers.

McCarthy was responsible for resurrecting Favre's career as well as developing Rodgers into an elite quarterback.
Totally agree about McCarthy. Totally disagree about Brady. He’s been much better than Rodgers at taking his offense on scoring drives. I’d bet the Patriots points per possession is significantly higher than Green Bay’s.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Which is exactly why I can't take anyone seriously when they say that there are 10 qbs that are better than Rodgers right now. The only difference between those teams is that they are WINNING. Does Rodgers play a role in us losing, yes, but we as a team have been underwhelming this year.
We as a team have been underwhelming this year. The defense has been significantly better this year than the last few years. The offense has been significantly worse. Imo, McCarthy and Rodgers share that blame. They’ve both stunk.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We as a team have been underwhelming this year. The defense has been significantly better this year than the last few years. The offense has been significantly worse. Imo, McCarthy and Rodgers share that blame. They’ve both stunk.

Rodgers, McCarthy and the OL (despite what the fake stats on PFF say)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The real reason it is failing is simple ... Very Simple.

The players have completely tuned MM out. They have completely tuned him out and are doing lousy out there on both sides of the ball.

Win or no win today, this has been bar none the worst effort I have ever seen in the Mike McCarthy era. No heart, no fire no nothing.

MM was a great coach, but he's done now. This is a poorly coached non playoff team and change is needed. Sorry but anyone saying otherwise is simply not watching the same games I am.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shut it down til next year they are a sinking ship and Rodgers ain’t winning another super bowl with them rebuilding its pathetic they are gonna get the number 1 pick lmao

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The real reason it is failing is simple ... Very Simple.

The players have completely tuned MM out. They have completely tuned him out and are doing lousy out there on both sides of the ball.

Win or no win today, this has been bar none the worst effort I have ever seen in the Mike McCarthy era. No heart, no fire no nothing.

MM was a great coach, but he's done now. This is a poorly coached non playoff team and change is needed. Sorry but anyone saying otherwise is simply not watching the same games I am.
As you type that..

Longest drive of the year for them

And a sack

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you type that..

Longest drive of the year for them

And a sack

Personally I don't care if Rodgers changed any of MMs plays on that drive either, in fact thank god if he did. The way this team was playing today it was needed.

No more if this ridiculous blame Rodgers nonsense on this forum. He's the only Packer on that field right now trying to get his teammates to play with heart. Only one lighting a fire under anyone's butts.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I don't care if Rodgers changed any of MMs plays on that drive either, in fact thank god if he did. The way this team was playing today it was needed.

No more if this ridiculous blame Rodgers nonsense on this forum. He's the only Packer on that field right now trying to get his teammates to play with heart. Only one lighting a fire under anyone's butts.
Ahh.. So. Adams isn't trying.. Or Jones? Got ya

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, he did say " trying to get his teammates to play with heart. Only one lighting a fire under anyone's butts.", not just trying. May still be wrong, but...

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, he did say " trying to get his teammates to play with heart. Only one lighting a fire under anyone's butts.", not just trying. May still be wrong, but...

I mean, it just seems like I keep seeing post after post of somebody referring to Rodgers as a diva, and I think it's ridiculous. You think about how passionate we are as fans getting mad about losing to a garbage fire, I can't even imagine how pissed Rodgers must have been today and rightfully so. In his mind thinking "did it really have to take us a 4th down play to score our first TD against these ratbirds and are we seriously going to allow the worst team in football to come in here and win today?"

For anyone suggesting Rodgers was going to tank today to try to get MM fired, sure looked a hell of a lot more like MM was trying to sabotage Rodgers out there to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts