Now is the Time!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no "maybe" with me. My least favorite team in all of MLB, the nicest way I can put it...

Today is a new day. Bask in its light. Go Brewers. Shock the world.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
BIG win in St. Louis tonight!!! Winning 2 of 3 would be awesome, but getting at least one game was critical!

Hader comes in and SLAMS the door!

Grandal has to be a priority to try and resign!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What an awesome win!! Walked to our truck after the Packer game, continued to tailgate and watch the Brewer game on a big screen TV someone had in their garage. Wow what a finish, Brauny hits a 2 out grand slam in the top of the ninth to give the Brewers just enough runs to come back from 1 down and ice the game!!

2 of 3 in St. Louis.....we are continuing to roll towards a playoff spot!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an awesome win!! Walked to our truck after the Packer game, continued to tailgate and watch the Brewer game on a big screen TV someone had in their garage. Wow what a finish, Brauny hits a 2 out grand slam in the top of the ninth to give the Brewers just enough runs to come back from 1 down and ice the game!!

2 of 3 in St. Louis.....we are continuing to roll towards a playoff spot!

I'm sure our neighbors could hear us screaming after that slam by Braun!!! :roflmao:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers keep it rolling with an easy 5-1 win against the Padres tonight. Meanwhile the Cubs and Cardinals are locked up in 1 run battles in their games.

This really looks like it is going to come down to a 3 team battle in the Central Division between the Brewers, Cubs and Cards. The best team at the end takes the division and the 2nd place team gets the last wildcard spot. With the Cubs and Cards playing each other 7 more times and both playing better teams than the Brewers, I really like the Brewers chances! I am still sticking with "The Brewers could win the division, as long as they keep winning"

All that said, I just peaked at the Nationals remaining schedule and they aren't quite the shoe in that I thought they were for the 1st wildcard spot! Go Brewers!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Roll Brewers Roll! Another win! Cubs and Cards both lose! We are now tied with the Cubs and only 2 games behind the Cards. As long as we keep winning a good share of our games, we WILL pass one of those 2 teams as they play each other 7 times in the next 12 days. Quite realistically, if we keep putting up the W's, we will pass both of those teams and take home the Central title!

Brewer fans all need to send special gifts to the MLB Schedule makers. Would have been difficult to set this table up any nicer for the Brewers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looking at the Cubs in our rear view mirror as we just bide our time and pass the Cards! This is going to be a fun finish, strap yourself in boys!

Love it, Cubs come back in the 9th from 4-1 down to tie it and end up loosing in the 10th!

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This has been somewhat of a frustrating season as a Brewer fan. All started when DISH TV pulled the plug on FOX and no longer carry Brewer games. So I have resorted to the Radio and highlights. I love listening to games on the Radio and nothing like the occasional calls by legend Bob Uecker, but I do miss being able to watch them live on TV.

Been frustrating for the Brewers in the fact that they just can't keep a good winning streak and momentum going lately. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have found their groove and have slowly pulled away from both the Cubs and Brewers. It is going to be tough to catch both of those teams and at this point, I think the Brewers are playing for one of the one game play in wildcard spots and they are currently tied with Philly for the 4th (of 2) spots.

The good news for the Brewers, the Cubs and Cardinals still play each other 7 more times, so that should allow us to leapfrog one of them, if we start playing good baseball and start winning 6/10 or 7/10.

Now is the time Brewers, 21 games left! 8 at home and 13 on the road. Let's do this!

Tell me about it. The Dbacks got pulled off of Fox Sports to and right when they were on that hot streak. It doesn't matter now as they are basically out of it, but I am not going through this again next year!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tell me about it. The Dbacks got pulled off of Fox Sports to and right when they were on that hot streak. It doesn't matter now as they are basically out of it, but I am not going through this again next year!

Was it the Dbacks that got pulled off FOX Sports for you or Fox Sports got pulled off of your television carrier? For me it was DISH and FOX not being able to agree on a contract and while the Brewer games are still being broadcast by FOX Sports, DISH TV isn't carrying them.

The more research I am doing the more I am leaning towards going with YouTube TV or Hulu TV, cut that damn cable/satellite and save yourselves a lot of money.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers Bats finally wake up tonight! Pitching was once again solid! Cubs lost and now trail the Brewers by 2 games! Perfect timing on hitting their stride and being one of the hottest teams in Baseball right now!

We are still 3 behind the Cards, so I hate to say it, but I will be pulling for the Cubs tomorrow. Keep the Cubs in our rear view mirror and go catch the Cardinals, I can feel it, we are going to win this division!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just gotta keep the pedal to the metal, Brewers!
Exactly! When I started this thread is was all about "just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself." So far the Brewers have exceeded my expectations of how many games they would win out of those last 21. I think they are 11-2 since then.

Meanwhile, the Chicago Cubs and their 2nd highest payroll in the Majors is choking big time again. Sucks to be a Cubs fan in September. :roflmao:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just keep on doing Brewer things. Very proud of these young men stepping up and making plays, be it in the field or on the bases.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cubs lose today and Brewers are breaking windows again tonight... Come on guys, save some for tomorrow

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers keep it rolling with the 10-1 win tonight. Great Pitching, no earned runs for the Pirates. Despite losing Yeli and the bats being cold at times, this team has really come together!

Pulling for a Cubs win and a Nats loss tomorrow. We need to catch the Cards and pass the Nats!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers Win again! Magic number down to 3!

Nats Lose! We are now just 1 percentage point behind them for the 1st Wildcard spot! Nats play their last 7 games at home, but tough series against the Phillies and Indians.

Cubs blow another 9th inning lead and do us no favors by losing again to the Cards.

Brewers are now 4 games up on the Cubs, who I think are toast, but we still need to come back and take care of the Cards in their final 3 games of the season.

Big 6 games ahead, on the road against the Reds and the Rockies, both teams, I hope are making their winter plans.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remarkable. To think that 17 days ago we were 5 games behind the Cubs for the 2nd WC spot. Now we are 4 games ahead? That’s just nuts.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Remarkable. To think that 17 days ago we were 5 games behind the Cubs for the 2nd WC spot. Now we are 4 games ahead? That’s just nuts.

Tell that to a Cubs fan, you are likely to get punched! A buddy of mine is a huge Cubs fan. At the beginning of the season, we were both puffing our chests over our teams, so we made a "small" wager on who's team would finish ahead of the others. I happened to play in a card game with him recently, when the Cubs were up 5 games over the Brewers. He gloated half the night, wondering if I just wanted to "pay him now and get the suffering over with." You can bet your *** I have been riding his *** over the last 17 days, watching his Cubbies drop out of sight behind the red hot Brewers.

All of this after we lost one of the best players in baseball!

Members online

Latest posts