Now is the Time!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
F'ing Rockies!

Who would have thought that the ice cold Cubs and their backups would beat the Cards 2 games in a Row? Then the red hot Brewers, go cold and lose their first 2 games to the out of contention Rockies? Last night was uber frustrating. Going back and forth between the 2 games, which were almost neck and neck in timing and tension. Cubs and Brewers both pull out ahead, looking like they both will win! Uggggggg......Hader, the guy I love some nights and hate others! Comes in and gives up the tying home run with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th!

One more game, one more change to tie it up!

I really do not want to face the Nats in a winner take all and their ace pitcher ace Max Scherzer, but it looks like that is a distinct possibility, unless we win the next 2 games and the Cards lose their next 2 (Monday against the Brewers).

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great season for the Brewer! Just a month ago, most had written them off and now its on to the playoffs! Not a fan of the one game play-in game for Wildcard teams, I would prefer a 3 game series, but oh well. Not going to be easy on Tuesday Night. The hobbled Brewers team will face Nats Ace Max Scherzer (11-7, 2.92 ERA) and Brandon Woodruff (11-3, 3.62 ERA) will be pitching for the Brewers. The Brewers are 4-2 this year VS. the Nats.

The Nats have one of the worst bullpens in baseball, but unfortunately, I doubt the Brewers will benefit from that in this winner take all format. If they somehow get to Sherzer, the Nats will no doubt send in their second Ace starter, Stephen Strasburg (18-6, 3.32 ERA). If some how they get to him, then the Nats STILL have Patrick Corbin (14-7, 3.05) to throw at them.

The Brewers really got banged up in the last week of the season. Was bad enough to lose Yeli a month ago, but now both Ryan Braun and Lorenzo Cain are hobbled and questionable to play. The Nats are going to be a hard game to win, but anything can happen in one game. If we do somehow win, the Dodgers are waiting and I just don't feel like this injury depleted Brewer team can pull out a series victory against them, but we will see, one game at a time.

Go Crew!

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. NOW IT IS ON!!!!!!

I like that CC shut down Houser early when he saw STL was up 8-0 to save this talented pitcher for the playoffs. Yesterday's game turned meaningless when we **** the bed v. COL in the first two games. We could have won the division, but, who really knows which is the better route to taking the World Series Championship?

From now on, Brewers, just win series...

Enjoy this my friends, and I hope we have something insanely special to celebrate at the end of October...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
who really knows which is the better route to taking the World Series Championship?

I would have much preferred winning the Division. One, its a Division title! Two, you don't have to beat the Nets in a one game, winner take all, loser goes home and Three, definitely would have preferred taking on the Braves first and hope the Dodgers get knocked out.

But yeah, we are in, now we just have to keep winning! Brewers currently are a 30/1 to win the World Series. Not good, but better than the No Chance Cubs.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What a gut punch! Have them down 3-1 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th and one of the best closers in baseball on the mound! ARGGGGGGGG!! :eek::eek::eek:

Still totally disagree with the hit by a pitch call, hit the knob of the bat first, but oh well, Brewers had this won and gave it away at the end!

Ron Darling for TBS can suck my left......

Fun season!

#Crew2020!!!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess it wasn't to be. Super tough. Commendable attempt by the Brewers and it just fell a bit short. Maybe next year is THE YEAR...!

We need TWO Ace pitchers added to this roster if we are to seriously contend. TWO of them. We needed two last year. Losing Nelson then Kloiber really hurt the team early, especially with Chacin completely disappearing, and our failure to bring back Wade Miley. That last one proved seriously foolish. Oh, well. They gave 'er. Onto next year.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we start with a rotation of Woody, Lyles, Davies, Suter and Houser that wouldn't be too bad. I hope we keep Pomeranz and Knebel comes back. Those 2, along with Hader would be a good foundation for the pen along with Peralta and Claudio.

The next question is can we keep Moose and/or Grandal? We might not be able to match an offer they receive elsewhere. I know some like Arcia. He is a nice defensive SS but can't hit with any consistency.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Boy, ya know?, I think Grandal is going to be history no matter what. I think he went cheap this season because of the passed balls in last year's NL Championship series. After a year in Milwaukee and Miller Park, he's got the HR #'s that seem to make FA's marketable, plus, his defense seemed to really improve this year.

I hope that Moose is deemed indispensable. The guy just produces plus, he LOOKS like a Milwaukee kinda guy.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, ya know?, I think Grandal is going to be history no matter what. I think he went cheap this season because of the passed balls in last year's NL Championship series. After a year in Milwaukee and Miller Park, he's got the HR #'s that seem to make FA's marketable, plus, his defense seemed to really improve this year.

I hope that Moose is deemed indispensable. The guy just produces plus, he LOOKS like a Milwaukee kinda guy.

But will another team give a 30+ year old catcher more than $16 million a year? Perhaps Stearns will offer 20?

I have a feeling we'll keep Moose. Do we have anyone else in the wings besides Shaw and/or Perez to play 3rd?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts