Now is the Time!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice!!! You deserve to gloat now. Make sure you’re standing over him when he’s crumpled into a ball on the floor, weeping. You can drop tissues down to him.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My attorney...and friend...is a Cubs fan. Thing is he's such a gracious guy that he won't "engage" when I needle him - even when they were in a better place and I insidted they HAD to be cheating. He refuses to fight back which takes all the fun out of it. The ****....:mad:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My attorney...and friend...is a Cubs fan. Thing is he's such a gracious guy that he won't "engage" when I needle him - even when they were in a better place and I insidted they HAD to be cheating. He refuses to fight back which takes all the fun out of it. The ****....:mad:

Yes the banter is so much more fun when you are dealing with an over zealous.....(fill in the blank).

I know the feeling though, when I was in college I dated Viking fan, yeah I know, just shoot me, but she was worth the "minor inconvenience". Anyway, she would never engage in Packer-Viking smack down talk. However, one Sunday night, after we were done "consummating our relationship", she looked at me with a very serious face and said "I hope that made up for my Vikings pounding your Packers today", I about fell out of bed laughing!

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beautiful bunt by Arcia and heady base running by Thamesies!!! I like insurance runs!!!

Phenomenal pitching too by Houser, Suter & Hader!!!

Great win.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers win!

Cubs Lose!

What a great run by the Brewers this has been. 16-2 in their last 18 games!

Still need to catch the Nats so we get them at home or even better, pass the Cards!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Their magic number is 2. Damn Washington isn't getting the memos on OUR expectations.

Braunie is really stepping up. I might just like him again.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Damn Washington isn't getting the memos on OUR expectations.

The good news, I think we beat them in the season series 4-2, so if we end up tying, the one game playoff will be in Milwaukee!

Nats have to still play 2 against Philly and 3 against the 92-64 Indians, who are still in a fierce battle for a wildcard spot. But all home games for them

Meanwhile the Brewers are on the road for 5 games against the Reds and Rockies, both teams were eliminated a long time ago.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cards lose in 19 innings! Glad I didn't stay up for that one. What a physical mental eating that had to have been at the end.

With only 5 games left, its going to take an epic fail by the Cardinals, for the Brewers to catch them, but hey, I have seen stranger things happen. Would be just epic of the Brewers won out and the Cards lost out!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How fast things can change and in this case, for the good!! :tup:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was not right...incorrect...mistaken...their magic number is 1. Anyway..according to some talking heads.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was not right...incorrect...mistaken...their magic number is 1. Anyway..according to some talking heads.

Yes, both the Mets and the Cubs could tie us. They each have to win out and we would have to lose out. The good news, we hold the tie breaker with both teams, due to winning the head to head this season. So, if we do tie with one of them, we host the game to break the tie. We also hold that tie breaker edge with the Nats.

Now if both the Cubs and the Mets tie us, it becomes a 3 team playoff and would be done over 2 games. I don't quite understand how they determine what 2 teams play in the first game and who gets the bye.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Now if both the Cubs and the Mets tie us, it becomes a 3 team playoff and would be done over 2 games. I don't quite understand how they determine what 2 teams play in the first game and who gets the bye.
Let me know if you can figure this out.

Not to worry as the Brew crew is up by 6 ATM. St Loo lost so the division is still in play.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
All they have to do is win tonight and they're a wild card at worst, right?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we’re popping champagne tonight...!

Remarkable job Brewers! 5 games out of 2nd wild card after loss to STL August 30th. The Milwaukee Brewers stole this, and hopefully take the whole thing.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such a great finish to the regular season so far. 1.5 behind the Cards so the division is still in play. Just so proud of the month we are having.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They've done a helluva job this month.

Have to ask... WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN ALL THIS TIME?

That's a rhetorical scream by the way

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sadly, I had a meeting, that I couldn't get out of tonight, but was checking the score(s) periodically. Good outcomes on all games, except the Nats. But hey, we locked up a wildcard spot, which is not something many thought would happen after Yelich went down.

So now the Brewers are no longer being chased, they are the chaser of both the Nets and the Cards. IMO Catching the Nats is going to be easier than the Cards due to who each of them play, but both are doable. Nets lead us by 1 game, Cards lead us by 1 1/2 games. But all it will take is the Brewers to win out and either of those teams to lose one game and we catch them.

Remaining Games:

Brewers (4) All road games

@ Reds (1 game)
@ Rockies (3 games)

Nats (4) All home games

Phillies (1)
Indians (3)

Cards (3) All home games

Cubs (3)

Nats could have their hands full with the Indians, since they too are still in the race for a wildcard spot. Sadly, it looks like the Indians are going to lose tonight. If we tie the Nats, and don't pass the Cards, I believe it brings the wildcard game to Milwaukee, since we won the regular season series.

If we win out and the Cards lose one game to the Cubs, we catch and tie them. One game playoff at St. Louis to determine division winner, loser is a wildcard. The Cubs have just gone deep into the tank, their manager is probably headed out the door, so I would be pleasantly surprised if the Cubs win 1 of 3, ecstatic if somehow they swept the Cards.

Looking ahead. If we enter as a wildcard team and win, we have to play the Dodgers. If we win the Division, we face the Braves. We were 2-4 against the Dodgers and 4 of those games were in Milwaukee. We split the series with the Braves, each team going 2-1 at home.

Just win Baby!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Interesting tidbit.

Over the last 2 seasons, the Brewers in the month of September are 39-11! If they played at that rate all year, they would win 126 games! :D

Craig Counsell once again deserves a TON of credit for this.

#clutchcrew #CCC (Clutch Craig Counsell)

Fun interview with The Man....Bob Uecker during the celebration after the game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If we win out and the Cards lose one game to the Cubs, we catch and tie them. One game playoff at St. Louis to determine division winner, loser is a wildcard.
We don't want a tie. Sunday in Denver, Monday in St. Loo. If we lose then it's Tues in DC and Wed and Thurs in LA. If we win Mon then it is off until Thurs.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We don't want a tie. Sunday in Denver, Monday in St. Loo. If we lose then it's Tues in DC and Wed and Thurs in LA. If we win Mon then it is off until Thurs.

Yeah, not a fun path, but I would rather have to play the Braves first and if that means a 1 game playoff with the Cardinals to win the division, I wouldn't mind that. These guys play a lot of back to back games, as well as travel all season, a mere blip.

Let's keep winning and hopefully pass both the Nats and the Cards and get 3 days off before heading to Atlanta and beating the Braves! :tup:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have said before I am not a baseball fan and the only reason I kept up with the Brewers as much as I did this year was to see Yelich win a 2nd consecutive MVP. After he went down I didn't check in again until a friend told me they had gone 8-1 or something like that since his injury. I honestly figured they would completely fall off the map. Now they have a chance to go into the final 3 games 1 game down and I have become a huge Cubs fan.

My hat is off to them. Its not like they were close and kept pace with the Cardinals to keep it close. Its not like the Cardinals went on a huge slide and let the Brewers back in it. They went on a hell of a tear and brought themselves back into it.

Its probably not going to affect my feelings towards baseball and I'll probably not watch any more than I have but it certainly is exciting and for their real fans I am very happy.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
BREWERS WIN AGAIN! Sweep the Reds and are now 1 game out of tying the Cards for the division and 1/2 game of tying the Nats for the #1 Wild Card spot!!!

Hader comes in and shuts the door!

Brewers get to a very good pitcher in Louis Castillo early and leg out a win with only 5 hits!

37 saves for Hader

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope for some magic for our Brewers to finish out the season in a big, shocking manner. I like this team a lot, especially given our circumstances. Lots of great, dynamic young talent mixed in with some very savvy veterans.

Would love for Milwaukee to SHOCK THE MLB world. GO BREWERS!