Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
musccy said:
DePack said:
Bruce...you're clean but I started to go back and check to call out individuals. It will make you sick.

You're obviously referring to me...and for pete's sake, get over it DePack...it's not like I'm storing child **** on my computer or selling crack to children..."it will make you sick"?!?!? c'mon...we're talking about football here, settle down. I was critical of Brett Favre...oh no...may God have mercy on my soul!

Brett is the best qb the Packers have ever had...but as others have said, he is human, he makes mistakes...and some of us happened to comment on that. ...yet again, heaven forbid!

I'm glad he's back, he's the best we have at qb, but I really didn't care for how this offseason transpired...he himself questioned his desire to play! He himself alluded to the fact that the Packers needed to have a contending team for him to return. People like me just commented on those statements WHICH BRETT MADE!!!!!!!!!!

musccy.....WTF...I've never had a problem with you or anyone that gave their opinion. There are a couple people...I have named both on other threads that spewed venom at Favre. This isn't a case of "I think Brett was out of line with his comments". This was about questioning "what he ever did for Green Bay" and "wishing he would retire". I don't agree with your point of view but wasn't specifically talking about you.

The whole thing is........WHAT is the point of making a thread like this in the FIRST place? Obviously just so you can blast a few people that didn't agree 100% with your opinion. WHY is it necessary for you to do that? Does it make you feel better then everyone else? When i posted what you would think was anti-Favre comments, i ALWAYS stated i was a huge fan of his, and i just thought he wasn't handling this off season right. I also stated it was JUST my opinion. When he held his golf tourny, and all the media people rushed down there, he COULD have told them days in advance that he was NOT going to discuss his playing future. But he didn't. Why? I can only guess that he wanted lots of free publicity. He HAD to know thats why they were coming there. The man is NOT stupid. I think he handled that wrong. Just MY opinion. You can disagree, and i wouldn't start a thread calling you out cause you didn't see everything MY way.
I have always been a fan of his, and unless he commits some heinous crime, i will REMAIN a fan. I have friends, and i don't always agree with them. But i don't blast them just because they don't agree with me ALL the time.
Pat yourself on the back for being a TRUE FAN, and get over it.
I have been a Packer fan through the 1970's and 80's, and remained loyal to "my" team the whole time. So i'll pat MYSELF on the back too.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey, the golf tourney thing didn't heat up til the day before the event which was fueled by poor journalism and if I was him, i wouldn't have wasted my time saving other poor journalists the trip either.

Those who know Brett, knew he wouldn't retire at a Golf Tourny.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK......i stand corrected.
I still wonder why he didn't put out that info though a week or so in advance. I still think he HAD to know that people would THINK he might be saying what he was gonna do. Didn't he say the week before that an answer would be coming REAL soon? Maybe in the next week or so? Or am i wrong on that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
cheesey, the golf tourney thing didn't heat up til the day before the event which was fueled by poor journalism and if I was him, i wouldn't have wasted my time saving other poor journalists the trip either.

Bingo!! But like everything else people twisted it into some "Brett's doing wrong thing"

Just like every comment he made and every FA that went elsewhere,etc, wer twisted into a negative Brett thing.

I respect Cheesy and he is classy in his discussions/disagreements so I really hate to put him into the same category as some of the "OTHERS."
It just seemed that every move this offseason somehow reflected back on Brett in a negative manor. I don't mind if you want to critique Brett, but do so in a fair manor and when it is truly deserved. Don't fabricate stuff like Mark Chmura, just to stir the pot.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
OK......i stand corrected.
I still wonder why he didn't put out that info though a week or so in advance. I still think he HAD to know that people would THINK he might be saying what he was gonna do. Didn't he say the week before that an answer would be coming REAL soon? Maybe in the next week or so? Or am i wrong on that.

I don't want to say 'wrong' but he does have the same meeting every year so he probably assumed most 'Favre' followers would know this and not get hyped up over something that is annual.
With that said I dunno why he should feel the need to state the obvious when it can be safely assumed :)

I can't say I recall Brett saying he was coming to a decision soon (i'm also suffering from a massive headache and thinking how I can use Woodson on offense in Madden)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Bingo!! But like everything else people twisted it into some "Brett's doing wrong thing"

Just like every comment he made and every FA that went elsewhere,etc, wer twisted into a negative Brett thing.

I respect Cheesy and he is classy in his discussions/disagreements so I really hate to put him into the same category as some of the "OTHERS."
It just seemed that every move this offseason somehow reflected back on Brett in a negative manor. I don't mind if you want to critique Brett, but do so in a fair manor and when it is truly deserved. Don't fabricate stuff like Mark Chmura, just to stir the pot.

Thanks Pyle!
I TRY to state my opinions without getting upset. Some people on here seem to just like to get under your skin for some reason. Like i have said.......any comment i made was ONLY how i felt at the time. I always have stated that i sure don't have any inside info on what is going on behind closed doors at the Packer offices. So i based my opinion on what little info i had, and how it all was happeneing at the time. I never called Favre names, or wanted him gone. I am THRILLED he's coming back. I KNOW some people went over board with their attack on him. I saw that too. But is it REALLY worth making a big NEGATIVE post over? Maybe the person that posted bad comments just had a really bad day or something. Why dig up the past, just to rub someone's nose in it? What GOOD can come from that? All it does is make people angry, and cause more problems on what i consider an excellent site. Remember the old saying? "If you don't have something GOOD to say, don't say anything". I think this whole thread SHOULD have been treated like that. It had nothing good to say, so WHY even START it? Just to BASH someone. It's such a waste of good computer space.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey, i wasn't trying to get under your skin, only wanted to give you a little bit of info ... god gave me the gift to state my opinion and (looks at post count) i think have proved im capable! :p

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I didn't mean you zero........other people.
(I talk too much too) :wink:

ahh ..k ... seems ive been misunderstood more and more lately and wanted to make sure you knew i wasn't attackin ya :)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Remember the old saying? "If you don't have something GOOD to say, don't say anything". I think this whole thread SHOULD have been treated like that. It had nothing good to say, so WHY even START it? Just to BASH someone. It's such a waste of good computer space.

Shut up *******, lol, just kidding.

Really, I don't think it was out of line, but maybe I'm wrong. I think to some extent it's hypocritical to falsely criticize Brett by twisting things around to reflect him in a negative way, and the be his BIGGEST FAN when he says he's coming back. It's not that he was critiqued but that he was done so unfairly.

I think some of those guys should be embarrased,and though rubbing thier face in it may not do any good, sure feels good after you have had to defend #4 forthe last few weeks.

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The national media has been bashing Brett and yesterday it was a love fest.
Hilarious....
I have always stuck by Brett. Period.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always wanted Brett to go........................................

........right on playing!!!Yesterday was a great day with Brett and Woodson. Now I actually feel the Pack is a better team.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
DePack said:
musccy said:
DePack said:
Bruce...you're clean but I started to go back and check to call out individuals. It will make you sick.

You're obviously referring to me...and for pete's sake, get over it DePack...it's not like I'm storing child **** on my computer or selling crack to children..."it will make you sick"?!?!? c'mon...we're talking about football here, settle down. I was critical of Brett Favre...oh no...may God have mercy on my soul!

Brett is the best qb the Packers have ever had...but as others have said, he is human, he makes mistakes...and some of us happened to comment on that. ...yet again, heaven forbid!

I'm glad he's back, he's the best we have at qb, but I really didn't care for how this offseason transpired...he himself questioned his desire to play! He himself alluded to the fact that the Packers needed to have a contending team for him to return. People like me just commented on those statements WHICH BRETT MADE!!!!!!!!!!

musccy.....WTF...I've never had a problem with you or anyone that gave their opinion. There are a couple people...I have named both on other threads that spewed venom at Favre. This isn't a case of "I think Brett was out of line with his comments". This was about questioning "what he ever did for Green Bay" and "wishing he would retire". I don't agree with your point of view but wasn't specifically talking about you.

The whole thing is........WHAT is the point of making a thread like this in the FIRST place? Obviously just so you can blast a few people that didn't agree 100% with your opinion. WHY is it necessary for you to do that? Does it make you feel better then everyone else? When i posted what you would think was anti-Favre comments, i ALWAYS stated i was a huge fan of his, and i just thought he wasn't handling this off season right. I also stated it was JUST my opinion. When he held his golf tourny, and all the media people rushed down there, he COULD have told them days in advance that he was NOT going to discuss his playing future. But he didn't. Why? I can only guess that he wanted lots of free publicity. He HAD to know thats why they were coming there. The man is NOT stupid. I think he handled that wrong. Just MY opinion. You can disagree, and i wouldn't start a thread calling you out cause you didn't see everything MY way.
I have always been a fan of his, and unless he commits some heinous crime, i will REMAIN a fan. I have friends, and i don't always agree with them. But i don't blast them just because they don't agree with me ALL the time.
I have been a Packer fan through the 1970's and 80's, and remained loyal to "my" team the whole time. So i'll pat MYSELF on the back too.

WOW for someone who doesn't think this thread should have ever been started, you sure had alot to say. Please send me your email address and I'll forward any other threads I'm thinking about starting for your approval. We are up to 5+ pages so some people thought it was worthy.

BTW, quit pretending to be some rightious do gooder. You rip me every time you get a chance. Your "if you don't have anything nice to say" act is getting old.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
cheesey said:
DePack said:
musccy said:
DePack said:

WOW for someone who doesn't think this thread should have ever been started, you sure had alot to say. Please send me your email address and I'll forward any other threads I'm thinking about starting for your approval. We are up to 5+ pages so some people thought it was worthy.

BTW, quit pretending to be some rightious do gooder. You rip me every time you get a chance. Your "if you don't have anything nice to say" act is getting old.

back off, ********!!! :hammer: nobody picks on my buddy cheesey!!! well, except me, that is!!!!! :wink: don't make me hunt you down & get out the macrometer, depack!!! :lol:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, since i have NO clue what either one of those is...i'll have to take your word for it, buddy!! :oops:

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear DePack,

I'm sorry, but pointing out that Mr. Favre was(is) selfish compared to the needs of the team is something a person should do on forums like these. Otherwise, all we would do is put on our cheerleader uni's and run to the Packer Pro Shop.

Brett Favre gives the Packers a better chance to win this next year than Aaron Rodgers. That is why he should be QB, and for no other reason. I think the guy is starting to show his age(how many times did you see him run last year--one time he threw the ball when he was four yards inthe open from a first down--)Your adoration of the guy borders on false idolotry. He is simply a football player.

I think his actions stringing the team along were motivated by his desire to keep himself on center stage. I clearly felt last year he thought he was beyond criticism, even when he repeatedly kept throwing the worst offense anyone with a scrap of knowledge knows is among the worst sins of professional football....the turnover.

If you want to leave the game, so be it. But don't think there's an open chair to be left just for you simply because you are Brett Favre.
Like fans from other teams(I'm fairly regularly in contact with them) they-me are really tired of the whole focus of the Packers resting on the false reality of one guy who will be 37 years old. The whole schtick falls apart if he can't cut it as a football player anymore, and we will find out in a few months. I think he can recover...if...and a big if....Mike McCarthy is willing to treat him like any other football player who throws off his back foot, throws into coverage, and blames other players for what is happening. He needs to get the interception level to below half of this year. I would tolerate fewer touchdowns if it meant fewer interceptions.

Javon Walker was also quoted as saying he kept Favre from having lousy numbers before...implying that his accuracy is starting to go. There is a grain of truth to what he says.

Brett Favre gave the Packers two Super Bowls...but that was a decade ago.
It is time to look at Brett Favre as not a SuperHero, but as an aging football player whose skills aren't where they once were. He's still the best we have, but if I had my druthers, I'd take Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Rothlisberger any day over Brett, age 37, however not at age 27.

His legacy is intact, as Joe Montana's is intact at SF....but this "will he or won't he" crap has tarnished my feelings for him. That was the action of an egocentric 18 year old, not an adult with a family who is going to be a first -ballot Hall of Famer.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He still smokes Bart Starr..NET..!!

It's fairly obvious what is fueling your "hatred" of Brett...

Jealousy..that he's better than your favorite Packer QB..

Admit it..net..

(It's not so hard to do...)

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Dear DePack,

I'm sorry, but pointing out that Mr. Favre was(is) selfish compared to the needs of the team is something a person should do on forums like these. Otherwise, all we would do is put on our cheerleader uni's and run to the Packer Pro Shop.

Brett Favre gives the Packers a better chance to win this next year than Aaron Rodgers. That is why he should be QB, and for no other reason. I think the guy is starting to show his age(how many times did you see him run last year--one time he threw the ball when he was four yards inthe open from a first down--)Your adoration of the guy borders on false idolotry. He is simply a football player.

I think his actions stringing the team along were motivated by his desire to keep himself on center stage. I clearly felt last year he thought he was beyond criticism, even when he repeatedly kept throwing the worst offense anyone with a scrap of knowledge knows is among the worst sins of professional football....the turnover.

If you want to leave the game, so be it. But don't think there's an open chair to be left just for you simply because you are Brett Favre.
Like fans from other teams(I'm fairly regularly in contact with them) they-me are really tired of the whole focus of the Packers resting on the false reality of one guy who will be 37 years old. The whole schtick falls apart if he can't cut it as a football player anymore, and we will find out in a few months. I think he can recover...if...and a big if....Mike McCarthy is willing to treat him like any other football player who throws off his back foot, throws into coverage, and blames other players for what is happening. He needs to get the interception level to below half of this year. I would tolerate fewer touchdowns if it meant fewer interceptions.

Javon Walker was also quoted as saying he kept Favre from having lousy numbers before...implying that his accuracy is starting to go. There is a grain of truth to what he says.

Brett Favre gave the Packers two Super Bowls...but that was a decade ago.
It is time to look at Brett Favre as not a SuperHero, but as an aging football player whose skills aren't where they once were. He's still the best we have, but if I had my druthers, I'd take Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Rothlisberger any day over Brett, age 37, however not at age 27.

His legacy is intact, as Joe Montana's is intact at SF....but this "will he or won't he" crap has tarnished my feelings for him. That was the action of an egocentric 18 year old, not an adult with a family who is going to be a first -ballot Hall of Famer.

Why not respond to the "Florio on Favre" thread?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted the "Florio on Favre" thread...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! So I have to get your permission to respond?

Pack66...nothing like dishonoring the legacy of Bart Starr. No one(with a few exceptions) would say that one great Packer player is better than another. I never did say Brett Favre's legacy wasn't important, just that he hasn't won five championships and two MVP's of two winning Super Bowls. Until he tops that, he hasn't achieved what Bart Starr has done.
How can you argue with that?(Assuming you value things like championships in the NFL as greater than winning your Fantasy Football League).

I'm done discussing this. I simply request that you find something else to discuss, since your both locked into the starring roles in "Brett Favre-Superstar".

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
I posted the "Florio on Favre" thread...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! So I have to get your permission to respond?

Pack66...nothing like dishonoring the legacy of Bart Starr. No one(with a few exceptions) would say that one great Packer player is better than another. I never did say Brett Favre's legacy wasn't important, just that he hasn't won five championships and two MVP's of two winning Super Bowls. Until he tops that, he hasn't achieved what Bart Starr has done.
How can you argue with that?(Assuming you value things like championships in the NFL as greater than winning your Fantasy Football League).

I'm done discussing this. I simply request that you find something else to discuss, since your both locked into the starring roles in "Brett Favre-Superstar".

You have said many times that starr was better than Favre. don't make me look it up.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net,

I Love Starr..

and I Love Favre..

and I Love Beer...

(not necessarily in that order..mind you...and I wouldn't **** on (or in..) any of them...!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts