Now Brett is a hero again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man it's amazing how all the Brett bashers(I will stay away from haters because it seems to pi$$ people off...and you know me I don't like to pi$$ people off) are suddenly "thrilled" that Brett is coming back. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you acted and treated him the last few months. Because I don't want to be considered negative by some people here I will focus on those that stood by his side and NEVER blasted him about his decision process this offseason. I'm talking about 4packgirl, P@ck66, carolk and a bunch of others. Cheers to all who stood steadfast and gave the man his space to work things out with his family. As to the rest of you........oops gotta stay positive!

Now's your time, speak up. Who stuck by his side?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another attempt to "stir the pot". I stuck by the guy............glad he's coming back.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Another attempt to "stir the pot". I stuck by the guy............glad he's coming back.

Just telling it like it is. Don't be threatened. Are you sure you never ripped him for waiting?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
cheesey said:

Just telling it like it is. Don't be threatened. Are you sure you never ripped him for waiting?

I didn't "rip him"............i simply stated my personal opinion that for the teams sake, he should make up his mind as soon as possible. I also stated i am, and always WILL be a huge fan of his, no matter if he stayed or retired.
You see, everything doesn't have to be black or white in this world. You CAN disagree with the way someone does something, without labeling them a "basher". There are some things, to me, that ARE one way or the other........this situation was NOT one of them.
I guess Ted Thompson didn't have as much pull as SOME people thought.......he couldn't force Favre to retire, as some people seemed to think.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Nobody here wanted Favre to go. Yes some people wanted him to make up his mind sooner and some people had some minor criticisms about him but I don't think anybody truly wanted him to leave. Nobody should be ashamed of the way they "treated" him. This is a message board where people let out their opinions about the Packers. It isn't like anybody on here went to Brett's house and hurled eggs at him demanding a decision. There was speculation and questioning if we would be better off with Rodgers but I saw that as more of a it's a long offseason, we need to look at all the possibilities thing. Some of the stuff said about Brett was stupid but there was plenty said about TT trying to force out Brett and wanting Brett to get traded that was equally stupid. It all amounts to some healthy discussion. No harm was done.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
super rat and cheesy are right no...I can't think of a single person who didn't want Brett to return. Some, such as myself, were not happy with the way he approached this offseason, but in no way does that translate into wanting him to leave, or Brett hating, or whatever you want to label it just so that you can stir the pot and try to create a rift that isn't/shouldn't be there

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am stoked that he's playing for another season & want to go to as many games as possible. the last game i was at was with my dad, cheesey, & his wife - it will be VERY hard to top that!!!

i said before that if brett retired, i would cry. i cried this morning when i looked into the sky toward heaven & told my dad brett would be back & how much i wanted him here to go with me to games. :(

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
super rat and cheesy are right no...I can't think of a single person who didn't want Brett to return. Some, such as myself, were not happy with the way he approached this offseason, but in no way does that translate into wanting him to leave, or Brett hating, or whatever you want to label it just so that you can stir the pot and try to create a rift that isn't/shouldn't be there

Many thought he was retiring and threw him under the bus. Some even wanted him to retire. Only a couple had the balls to say it, like net!

It it weren't true, why would you be offended by this thread.

Don't make my lazy **** go back and actually do research about what some of you said!

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you may not believe this, but I actually wanted Brett to play one more year. What better way to prove things are changing in Detroit than to beat Favre at Lambeau? That's something no coach in Detroit has ever been able to do. The way he went about it was pretty ridiculous though. If he had retired this year after all of the BS it would have tarnished his legacy for alot of people.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it has been hypothesized that his intentions were made known to the organization long ago, to help give the organization some leverage in the draft. if it comes out that this is true, all the people who say favre was being ridiculous are going to end up looking pretty ridiculous.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people wanted him to retire, but it isn't because they didn't appreciate what he has done or because they didn't support him. Some people had the opinion that he would be better off retiring because the team needs to rebuild or because they felt that because of his interview that he didn't have the passion anymore. They are valid points to make. I disagree with those points and I think that Favre gives the team the best chance to win, but even so I wouldn't say those people that think otherwise are disrespecting Favre.

big3 you are hilarious. The Lions still don't have an above average quarterback and they have perhaps the most underperforming wide reciever corps of all time. No matter how old Favre gets he will be better than the quarterbacks the Lions have. Things might change in Detroit when they get a new GM but until then you will keep being dissapointed.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were good enough to beat you guys once last year. We'll see if we have improved enough to do it twice this year.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. You need to be careful for what you wish my friend!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Don't make my lazy **** go back and actually do research about what some of you said!

I'm offended because ppl like me are inacurately categorized/labeled by posters such as you or p@ck66.

3 things that I've said all along...

1) TT should do what's in the best long-term interest of the team, not necessarily BF
2) Brett is the best qb on the Packers roster / best chance to win now
3) I'm dissapointed in the way that bf handled this offseason. He came off as though he was bigger than the organization.

I don't think those statements are that out of line. Thus, having those positions being contotred and me being painted a "packer hating ingrate" is why I get annoyed.

Mauk10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3, the Lions will never beat Brett Favre. They MIGHT have a chance to beat what's left of the Packers team, but not Brett Favre.

RadioManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roll: OK ok...he's back and we are all thrilled. But...besides having a year to actually have a going out party all season....is a year worth it? Is Rogers gonna sit all year again? Is Favre bigger then the coaching staff so if he throws another 29 picks...Mcarthy have the ball$$ to make him sit? What "future" picks are we talking now that we have a QB one more year?? I love Favre and the packers...30 years now......but in actuality...should the pack have looked more to the immediate future?

Now.......the firebacks!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact is that Brett Favre gives us the best chance to win now. There is no reason to rush Rodgers into action. It would be nice to see what he's got but we can wait for that and he can build up confidence through practice. Favre does need to work on his decision making and i'm sure he realizes that and hopefully the coaching staff won't be too scared to get on his case about it. Hopefully the offensive line will be better and we will have a running game to support the pass. Knowing that this will be Favre's last year better prepares us for the future beyond Favre. After the season there will probably be a veteran quarterback signed to back up Rodgers and Rodgers will be well versed on the gameplan. Don't forget that there is new coaches and a new offensive scheme so Rodgers sitting out will give him more time to know the ins and outs of the scheme and will better prepare him to take over. I do understand your concerns about it but it seems many people that post here won't and they will start the bashing and call you a Favre hater, which I highly doubt is the case.

RadioManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre hater......not in the least....and I am in the radio media a half an hour away from the scared ground of 1265. But....we have gone through this for 2 years now......and well.....without some decent signings soon enough....I wonder if Brett is coming back to a 5-11 team...with a weak schedule. Time will tell yes.....what was that?? Did you hear there was a Ray Rhodes sighting near McArthy's house????

Late!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
DePack said:

I'm offended because ppl like me are inacurately categorized/labeled by posters such as you or p@ck66.

exactly. I always said I loved favre, and that the whole situation stunk, and made me a "sad panda." Thankfully the stinky situation is over. I criticized him for some of his action, because nobody (even Favre, who is human) is above criticism. He made the organization look a little silly, and sent a "You're not good enough for me to win" message to the current boys in the lockerroom with his "wait and see" talk. I am glad it is over though, and hopefully will be forgotten(especially by possible FAs). Good stir the pot thread though. :roll:

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the point of this thread is more calling out the people that were overly critical of how Favre handled the whole situation. No one can deny that at least a few packer fans have voiced their displeasure with how Favre has acted recently and I believe Depack like myself have felt that those criticisms were out of line.

Maybe this is a better topic for the smack area.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit I wanted him to retire. I think the best chance for the Vikings and Lions to advance is for Favre to be gone. Hopefully, I'll see his old *** laying on the ground alot this fall.

The Bears shouldn't have a problem kicking his butt this year, tho.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the point was calling out the people that were critical of how Favre handled it. The point is that it is understandable for people to be critical of how he handled it and doing so doesn't make you a Favre basher. You can criticize something that somebody does without bashing them or hating on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts