1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Notes from Mayock's call today

Discussion in '2015 Draft Archive' started by PackersBacker, Feb 16, 2015.

1. PackersBacker

PackersBacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thought some of you would like this, it's a summary of Mike Mayock's call.

Here is the link: http://walterfootball.com/mayock2015.php

Thoughts on anything? I disagree with the Dante Fowler/ Justin Houston comparison, think they are way different. He also has 8 RBs with 3rd round or higher grades. That's pretty good, I'd like us to pick up a scat back late.

2. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    If Denzel Perryman is there when we pick in round 1, we better pull the trigger.

3. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    Can't stand Mike Mayock

His daughter on the other hand... :tup:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,692
    It is a deep running back class...they showed up at the Senior Bowl, and then there are the big names who were not present. Harris is a FA, and Starks will be a FA after 2015. Harris hasn't done much in KO duty. An upgrade might be in order in the middle rounds.

The QB class is very weak, again. Beyond the top 3, who have issues of their own, you're looking at a bunch of projects...they all looked pretty bad at the Senior Bowl even though blitzing is prohibited in that game. Only 15 QBs were invited to the Combine, the lowest count since 2002.

There has been virtually no discussion of the fact that the Packers have only one QB under contract. The bad draft class and FA group makes it a necessity that Flynn be re-signed.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Tolzien has more upside than Flynn, I want the Packers to re-sign him. I would be OK with them bringing both back though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,692
    We disagree on this point. I'd rather not see Tolzien in a regular season game again. That said, finding a developmental replacement behind Flynn does not look promising this year, nor does the vet free agent class for a Flynn replacement, so I'd expect both will be back. Neither will cost much, which is a point in their favor. But I don't have to like it. ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +731
    Curious why you don't like the Houston-Fowler comparison? Very similar size, both have/had experience playing OLB and dline...I guess I could see someone saying that Houston really only had one skill coming out of college (luckily rushing the QB is a REALLY IMPORTANT skill) but Fowler has done more in college.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    no evidence??

9. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525

Attached Files:

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator