NOT IN MY HOUSE!

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume most of you have seen the TV commercial that Visa puts out with the Patroits players and fans shouting with emotion that they will not be beat in their house.
I long for the days the Packers players played with such emotion when they played at Lambeau. Granted the Packers won half their home games in this year during the regular season and only went below 500 % at Lambeau when they lost to the Vikings in the playoffs.
I hope Coach Sherman and Coach Bates can find the pride and emotion in the Packers players to give Green Bay a true home field advantage again!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Coach Sherman and Coach Bates can find the pride and emotion in the Packers players to give Green Bay a true home field advantage again!
Amen to that. During the Super bowl years it was a give me that the Packers would win at home. The one thing that makes that viking loss hurt even more... is the way the packers played on their home TURF. :(

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau advantage has got to return soon. The players need to have that extra level that they can take their game to when playing at home. They are lacking the motivation and it is up to Sherman to give it to them.

Later
Leopardmech

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last couple of years I sometimes got the impression that some of the Packer players felt it was an automatic victory at home by just showing up for the game. But then they'd end up losing because their intensity didn't match the opposition. It bugged me how we'd destroy the Bears in Chicago a few times, then struggle like heck against them at Green Bay. That shouldn't happen.

I can handle getting beat by a better team at home, but it's tough to see inferior teams giving the Packers trouble at home because they weren't giving 100%.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White, Brett Favre, LeRoy Butler, Chmura, Keith Jackson and others were what made it a true home field advantage. It also is very quiet there now. People used to yell and scream making it an inhospitable environment. A lot of people sit on their hands. We need to get the crowd back into games.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan- I agree with your first comment. I have never bought into the "Lambeau Mystique" baloney. A field can't win a game for you, players do, and we had some very good players when we were winning consistently at home. I don't, however, agree with your second comment. I was at the Bears game earlier this year and I went to the playoff game against the queens and the crowds were rocking early in each of those games. Ahman Greens fumble and the Bears subsequent return for a TD took a lot of the air out of the fans in the Bears game. In the playoff game, the queens scored on a long TD on the third play of the game and by the time the first quarter was 5 minutes old, we were down 14-0. Irregardless of these early holes, the fans were still yelling like crazy at the first hint of Packer success. Unfortunaltely, the team continued to let the fans down by either the defense not being able to get off the field or the offense turning the ball over or getting bogged down. I noticed toward the end of the Steelers loss to the Patriots last weekend, that the stadium was virtually empty. I stayed at the queen playoff game until about the 2 minute warning and although the game was over for all practical purposes when Moss scored his 2nd TD with about 10 minutes to go, the stadium was still about 3/4 full by the time I left.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ldlehrer said:

I second that... attitude! Because the opposing players really do buy into the mystique to some extent, but having Mark Chmura and the rest of the gang, like LeRoy Butler and Mike Prior and others, with Reggie White leading the way next to Santana Dotson and Sean Jones on the other side,... well - it was a line that just couldn't be beat. They made it look almost too easy! SuperBowl 31 was practically over before it started - sort of a ceremony more than a real fight for the Trophy.

Just the same - Let's hope Bates can make magic happen with the material TT gives him to work with. I also hope that TT does some real scrutinizing on that OC hiding up behind the window glass.

Keep your fingers crossed!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the playoff game too and I agree with that one. I also was at the Titans and Rams games. The only noise at the first was booing and at the Rams game, for Brett's 200th start it seemed like everyone was sitting on their hands. I was disgusted with how quiet everyone was. I couldn't talk for the entire Tuesday.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure was. I stayed to the bitter end, but it was tough. I really wanted to leave early because I was facing a 12 hour drive home the next day, but I've never left a game early and I never will.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts